B Ocean Resort Fort Lauderdale
US$198
Doubletree.com
  • Beachfront
US$144
Fort Lauderdale Marriott North(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$164
US$143
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
US$268
US$269
US$235
US$189
Travelocity
  • Beachfront
4,313 results
All reviewswreck bardos caminosyankee clipperthe mexican restaurantinfinity poolbeach barprivate beachbeach staffcorner roomvalet parkingwater taxilas olaspre cruisemermaidtowerftlauderdale
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 September 2014

My first time here (even though I lived in the area for 10+ years). Given it's age I always favored the newer hotels. Stayed here for 3 nights last month - it was an excellent choice.

The location is on the southern end of the Ft. Lauderdale beach, walkable to the bars & restaurants, adjacent to the park along the beach. Easy access the other way for 17th street, airport, etc.

Parking is easy- right across the street, and (by local standards) reasonably priced. The parking attendants (especially Dorothy) are all enthusiastically welcoming and courteous. One can either walk to the main building (crossing the street) or use the skywalk. (I must stress that ALL of the staff were great).

The hotel layout is a bit challenging at first, due to the number of buildings and their location. However, that's not much of an issue after you get accustomed to it.

Of note is the VERY COOL bar. There are windows behind the bar that look directly into (one of the) pools. Every night they close the pool briefly for a "mermaid show", for the bar patrons. It's packed, and popular - rightly so.

The health club is modern, well outfitted, and easy to locate.

The beach (!!!) is great. Right behind the hotel, with an infinity pool, cabanas, bar/grill, etc.

Keep in mind parts of this property are quite old. Sheraton has done a magnificent job updating yet still keeps a great beach-vibe (kind of retro in a way).

There is a Starbucks in the lobby, quite convenient. Also The Link (internet access) is quite well laid out and handy.

I have stayed at the Westin down the street (formerly the Sheraton Yankee Trader), which while perfectly lovely as well, I really like this property' look and feel.....I suppose I favor the nostalgic and their great efforts to modernize and preserve.

Well done.

Room Tip: It's nice being close to the beach in the beach tower building. But....it's all close by, so don't fret if you dont' get.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
HotelMgmtFTL, Manager at B Ocean Resort Fort Lauderdale, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2014

Dear rrz518: Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed our location and services, and we are passing your other comments along to our staff and the appropriate departments. It was a pleasure having you, and we hope that you will stop by again soon for another relaxing staycation with us!

Reviewed 2 September 2014

The overall Sheraton experience was the worst I have ever experienced. At check in the front desk individual in the “Gold/Platinum” line looked up at me and said, not hello or welcome but “yes”. Yes? I then said I would like to check in – her next one word to me was “name”. I guess her not wanting to be there was too much for her to talk in sentences. She then gave me my keys – never asking how many keys or verifying the rate or checkout date. She handed me a map and said “beach building” – again speaking in sentences were not her forte’. I asked where the beach Building was (there are 3 buildings) – she said it is in the map – I asked her to point where on the map – she was having a really bad day to be the face of a Sheraton property.

We placed our items in the room, turned the A/C down because it was warm in the room and went to the beach – When the attendant put the lounge towels down there was a big rip in one of the towels – he tried to cover it with his hand and just placed another towel on it, this was not to mention the hole in the umbrella. We place the flag up to have a server come by – after 45 minutes, I walked up to the pool bar myself – (I do have pictures of the rips and tears). On a beach vacation one should not have to wait 45 minutes for a server.

I did go to the front desk and speak to the Manager on Duty. When we left the beach and went back to the room it was still warm, thinking it was because we were outside we let it slide.

We went to dinner, the hotel Mexican restaurant – the service was bad and the food was so bad the first go round we sent it back, the second order was just as bad – we really did not eat, just paid and walked to the Marriott next door to eat and sat at their bar – they received our money and were very friendly and clean.

Came back to the room and went to sleep. At 3am I awoke to a very hot room – the A/C was not working and I also awoke with an Asthma attack. I am glad I had my medication; otherwise 911 would have been called. All night the room was getting hotter – due to the attack I was not up to leaving the room. When I awoke in the morning, I looked at the A/C vent – it was surrounded by MOLD (yes I have pictures). I looked the A/C filter in the ceiling and it was caked with thick dust. Thus, my Asthma attack – I had not had one in over 5 years. I also then saw the tear in the sheets. Lack of attention to detail.

We checked out – I told the same person I spoke to the day before. She did comp the room and paid for some of the food, but I would have to say this Sheraton property really needs to be looked at with regards to “Sheraton Standards” – this property is POOR -

Room Tip: Look at A/C vents for mold - make sure the A/C is blowing cold air.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank upnadam12

Dear upnadam12: Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. I do apologize that we failed to exceed your expectations during your last visit with us. We appreciate all guest feedback, as it gives us an opportunity to improve our product and service where needed. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 2 September 2014

Travel agent booked this hotel for us pre-cruise, I thought this was going to be a great hotel but the room was old looking and it didn't smell too good either. I found that the door closed but there were lots of cracks around the door that bugs were coming in from. Quite a lot of the rooms are located outside, so I ended up putting towels down where the cracks were.
Front desk staff were great and the concierge was fabulous. Location was right on the beach which was great but we didn't rent a car so we walked everywhere, not too many restaurants around for breakfast around.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Highlandmum99: Thank you for taking the time to inform us about your experiences in our hotel. We appreciate your comments, and we are passing them along to the appropriate departments for further improvements. We are, however, happy that you enjoyed our beachfront location and friendly Front Desk staff. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 2 September 2014

Stayed here twice and loved it! Your own private beach that they bring you your drinks right to you on your chair that are complimentary of hotel. Great pool and great service! Within walking distance of the main area in ft lauderdale. We walked there for dinner every night. Definitely recommend!

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Heather D: Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay! We're delighted to hear that you had a pleasant stay, and that you enjoyed our beautiful location right on Fort Lauderdale Beach. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 2 September 2014

I recently stayed @ sheraton with some friends. I was very pleased with the accomodations. The beach is right oustide the hotel. Its a beautiful beach. There is also two outdoor pools. I mostly frequented teh one nearteh beach. It also had a beach bar n grille. The food, drinks and service were great there. Thsi place seemed to be very family friendly as well. I would definitey go back.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear JMAR0024: Thank you for sharing your lovely review with us! We appreciate the positive comments about our guestrooms, food quality, and location of the hotel. We do hope you visit us again soon for another great stay. Sunny regards from the Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel!