Holiday Inn Express and Suites Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport
Ranked #27 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 28 September 2013

While this hotel may not be by the beaches or the main FLL airport, you can get to both places within 10-20 minutes drive. I was very impressed that Mike remembered us from our first stay about 10 months ago. This made for a very personal touch. Newspapers are delivered to your door weekdays and the daily breakfast is good and filling. There are 2 computers in the lobby and a printer for guest use.

The only minuses, if you want to call them that, was that I thought it was wasteful for the staff to throw out the 1-time used soap and shampoo everyday when they cleaned your room. What they could have done is leave fresh soap and shampoo but also let the used soap and shampoo remain. Also, I thought there was wasted space in our king room (where a second bed would be in a double room). Perhaps a couch or another dresser could be placed there?

Overall, a clean, friendly place to be.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the highway because the rooms on the other side are near the dumpsters which t...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
jojeanallen, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2013

Hello Hannibal12,
Thank You for staying with us!! We appreciate all our guests and we are glad we were able to accommodate your needs. Thanks for the tips on the amenities. e will share your comments with all the staff. Our housekeeping staff should change out, but leave the remainder on any guest room that is staying more than one day. We are in the process of purchasing couches for the King rooms that do not have a couch. Have a great day and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

The staff at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport was superb. From the clerks at the front desk to the cleaning staff to the breakfast hostesses, all were friendly, helpful and professional. I stayed at the hotel for a month and it felt like home.
Thank you HIE for a great experience!

Room Tip: I stayed on the 5th floor with a view of the back parking lot and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
jojeanallen, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2013

Dear Dean C,
Thank You so much for staying with us. We all appreciate your kind words. Hope to see you again when in the area. We will share your comments with the entire staff. So glad you felt at home!....
Safe Travels,
Best Regards,

Reviewed 23 September 2013

We stayed here one night after a week stay in the Florida keys and this hotel was perfect. Had an early morning flight home so decided at the last minute to book this hotel. Wasn't sure what to expect since it was so last minute but couldn't have been more pleased. Probably the cleanest room we've ever stayed in.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank travelnscrm
jojeanallen, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Dear travelnscrm from Harrisburg,
WOW...we thank you for staying with us and hope you come back soon. Thank You for the great review. We will share this with all our staff. Our housekeepers are just the best and they will be so happy that you mentioned how clean the hotel is.
Hope you enjoyed the Keys !!
Safe Travels

Reviewed 18 September 2013

I started staying at Holiday Inn Express after a bad experience at Comfort Suites. I am a traveling business man and I believe my loyalty to a Hotel deserves their special attention. The staff (especially Lauren) has made my experience a huge pleasure. They greet me warmly and by my name. They go the extra mile with each visit, even giving me occasional upgrades for free. I couldn't be happier with Lauren and the staff. Even the housekeeping is amazing. As I stay multiple nights, the staff even folds my clothes neatly in preparation for my arrival after a hard day. I don't even get that at home!!!!
I recomment this hotel highly!!!
Gary Howle

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
jojeanallen, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2013

Dear garyh from Sarasota,

Thank You for staying with our sister hotel. So glad you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for the wonderful and kind words. We have contacted TA to let them know to post to the correct hotel. Lauren is at a different location. We are located at 1500 W Commercial Blvd, near the Executive Airport. (11 miles north of the International Airport).
Again, we all appreciate you staying at Holiday Inn Express

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Our trip was made wonderful by the amazing staff at this hotel. Starting with Jo Jean. She greeted us with coloring books for the kids with only one request. The kids had to color her a picture for her office. They loved it (even my 11 year old). She also gave them water and snacks. My son loved her because every time she saw him she gave him Doritos. She remembered he loved them. Now that is customer service.

We had left one piece of our luggage a home by accident and had almost no clothes for our trip. The staff helped find affordable places to shop and replace our clothes.

Jo Jean offered us beach chairs to take to the beach which saved us money.

We asked a wonderful young man at the desk where we could go to the park to play catch with my daughter (she was missing softball practice). He said he would look into it and get right back to us. 20 minutes later he had maps of good safe locations to parks. So wish I could remember his name. But a trip was a few months ago.

The price was very good for the wonderful service you got. I see why they get such a great review and have won so many rewards.

The ONLY draw back is the location. However what you save on your room for one night will pay for your rental car.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank jltoth76
jojeanallen, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Dear jltoth76 from Ohio,
Thank You for the Great Review. It was certainly our pleasure to have your family here with us. We appreciate all our guests and absolutely love having the kids. The coloring book thing is a gift (for us) that no one can replace. I enjoy looking at all the beautiful coloring job that each and every child gives me...like you said....I do ask for just one picture! and sometimes I receive more than one!! I have 3 walls now covered. Hoping to cover the entire room by the end of the year. It was either Mike or Alex that found the parks for you. We try to make every stay a great one.
Thanks Again and Hope to see you soon!...the chairs are waiting !

Reviewed 2 September 2013

Hotel is convenient to the cruise ships and water taxis and a shopping center with many places to eat is within walking distance across the street. Staff is helpful and friendly. Rooms were comfortable. We would definitely stay here again when in Ft. Lauderdale.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
10  Thank myrongoldman
jojeanallen, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Dear myrongoldman from PA,
Thank You for the great review on one of our sister hotels. There are a few in the area. I am not sure which HIE this is, but will try to find out and it pass on. We did advise TA that this is a sister hotel, but it is still here. We are located at 1500 W Commercial Blvd and we are 11 miles north of the International Airport and Port Everglades (exit 32 off I-95).
Again, Thank You for staying at the Holiday Inn Express.
Jo Jean and Staff

Reviewed 20 August 2013

This property is directly across from the EXECUTIVE airport (not FLL) which is where we needed to be early the following morning. Check-in went smoothly, thanks to Amanda. She upgraded the room to a suite. When I inquired about restaurants, she gave us menus for restaurants in the area which delivered meals & also arranged for a taxi to take us to a drug store. Her partner at the desk called & arranged for transportation for us the next morning during this time. The room was large & well appointed with a living room, kitchenette (including napkins & plasticware in a drawer), a separate, large sleeping area with two queen beds, & a large bathroom with Bath & Body Works products. It was very clean & quiet despite being on the first floor just down the hall from the front desk/dining area where a large party was taking place. Both the living room & sleeping area had televisions & their own climate control in addition to wifi. The beds were comfortable & had just the right amount of bedclothes with a variety of pillows from which to choose. The next morning, I realized I needed toothpaste for the rest of my trip & the woman at the front desk gave me a travel sized tube (thank you!). They do offer a breakfast buffet in the morning but we did not eat there (smelled good). Just a few caveats: The closest restaurants/shopping are at least a mile away on a very busy street, hence the restaurant delivery (good food!); the property is close to the Executive Airport but nothing else; there is NO bathtub (which I think is indicative of this chain). Overall, our stay was very pleasant & I would stay here again. The price was excellent as was the amazing front desk staff!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank lovetowander61
Jo Jean A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Dear Biminibound from Oregon,
Thank You for the great review! We are so glad that we were able to accommodate your needs during your stay. Thank You for the kind words on our staff. The pictures posted were very nice. We will share your review with Amanda and the entire staff!! Hope you enjoyed your trip to Bimini !! Hope to see you in the future.
Best Regards,