Holiday Inn Express and Suites Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport
Ranked #26 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 20 December 2013

Stayed here for one night in transit and I'm glad I made this choice.
The man at the check in desk was helpful and easy going.

The room had a good size and was clean, breakfast had a lot of variety.
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John E
jojeanallen, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2013

Dear John E from Belgium,

Thank You for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express 1500 W Commercial Blvd, Ft Lauderdale. We all appreciate your kind words. Glad that you enjoyed your stay. Hope that the rest of your vacation was fun.
Hope to see you again.
Best Regards,
Jo Jean and Staff

Reviewed 19 December 2013

Stayed here for one night prior to joining a cruise from Port Everglades. Was looking for somewhere in the area that was good value, safe clean and reliable. The hotel fitted the bill perfectly. All staff were friendly helpful and courteous. The hotel is modern clean and well equipped with massive rooms. Breakfast is adequate and part of the package. Pool area is pleasant. The area is commercial so a car would be helpful although a guy called Mark runs a shuttle bus from the hotel. We went to the port with him for $15 dollars each. I guess he would take you anywhere. For our one night stay the Holiday Inn was perfect.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank waley
jojeanallen, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Dear waley from Midlands,
Thank You for staying with us at our Holiday Inn Express located at 1500 W Commercial Blvd here in Ft Lauderdale. We all want to thank you for the great review and Very kind words on our staff and hotel. Hope to see you next time you plan a trip (or cruise) Ft Lauderdale. Hope you enjoyed your cruise !
Happy Travels

Reviewed 14 December 2013

My wife and I stayed five nights at this hotel. It was a pleasant experience. The rooms are large and cozy, the bed was comfortable, the cleanliness was remarkable, the breakfast was great, the Wi-Fi was outstanding, the free parking lot is ample and the staff was very thoughtful. I had bought some articles online which arrived before our check-in, in spite of my efforts to make them arrive later than that. Even though their storage room is small, they kept my packages at no cost. Especially courteous was the front desk agent Tika Miller, a very nice young lady from the Bahamas. I definitely recommend this hotel to the ones who want to visit Fort Lauderdale and the surrounding area.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Marcelo G
jojeanallen, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2013

Dear Marcelo G,
Thank you so much for the staying with us and for the great review. We strive to make everyone's stay a wonderful experience (a home away from home). We are proud of Tika as she is a new staff member and is a 'team' player. We will share all your kind words with Tika and the entire staff!! Hope to see you soon!
Best Regards,
Jo Jean and Staff

Reviewed 8 December 2013

We stayed two nights the hotel before our cruise. Large, clean room. We had no issues what so ever. The bed was very comfortable. Thank you for providing access to a safe, small fridge and wifi internet access. The self-serve breakfast was well organized and ha a variety of choice. The hostess was very attentive to clients needs - great job!

I would definitely stay in your hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Hole_Hole
jojeanallen, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Dear Hole_Hole from ON,
Thank You so much for the great review. We do our best to make everyone's stay a 'great stay'. So glad you enjoyed the hotel and staff. We will share your kind words with everyone.
Hope to see you soon,
Best Regards
Staff and Management

Reviewed 6 December 2013

We had high expectations after reading previous reviews. I will try to keep my review as factual as possible. We recently stayed here for 2 weeknights during a short trip to FL.

The evening staff were warm and welcoming. Upon checking-in, they offered us complimentary cookies, snacks and water. The suite was spacious and visually attractive. Beds were comfortable. We appreciated the free wifi and parking.

Soon after checking in, I noticed a small brown smudge on the toilet seat lid. There were also a few hairs (you can guess what kind) on the floor around the toilet. I wanted to call the front desk and ask for housekeeping, but being that we were exhausted after a long day of traveling, all my husband wanted to do was sleep. So we decided to talk to management about it the next morning.

We woke up at 10am, and I called the front desk to inquire about breakfast. The manager (Jo Jean) informed me that breakfast was over, having ended at 9:30, and that on weekends it ends at 10am. We were surprised, as we have found that all of the hotels we have stayed at offer breakfast until 11am, or 10:30 at the earliest. We had to go out for breakfast.

Upon leaving for the day, I approached the manager about the brown smudge on the toilet seat lid, and showed her a photo I had taken with my mobile phone. She cringed and said to her colleague, "You might want to take a look at this." As I showed him, I also informed him of the hairs that were on the bathroom floor around the toilet seat (in a low voice as I didn't want to call the attention of other guests, as I know these things can happen from time to time). "Thank you for bringing this to our attention" was the reply I received.

Upon coming back in that evening, we assumed management had already brought the issues to the attention of the housekeeping staff, and that they would have been rectified. The beds were made, the room looked clean, but to our amazement, the brown smudge was still there. I had to wipe it away myself with some tissue. We didn't even bother to complain again. At this point, we didn't get the sense that they cared at all. I should mention that upon even closer inspection, I noticed small brown stains all over the bathroom and kitchen walls.

The next morning we woke up early enough to catch breakfast. There was a satisfactory selection of items including instant oatmeal, pastries, yogurt, bacon, scrambled eggs, biscuits, gravy, bananas, coffee, tea, juices, and a few other things. I didn't see any sausage as other reviewers had previously mentioned. There was also a pancake machine, which my husband tried out. The pancake tasted a bit like rubber. As soon as it hit 9:30, we were still eating, and the staff began clearing out the food. We quickly grabbed a few more things before they were cleared away. They waste no time.

Recently, we noticed that we were charged $7.00 for two "long distance" calls. My husband had asked if we would be charged for local calls, and had been told we would not, after which he made two phone calls to West Palm Beach. How is that long distance? Unfortunately, we noticed these charges too late, and not when we were at the hotel. Apparently, they had left an "express check-out" receipt at the door, which my husband had grabbed without looking over, as we were in a rush to leave. After the issues we'd brought to their attention, it would have been nice to have this "long distance" charged waived, and even nicer to have received an apology of some sort. In fact, we would have just been happy to come back to a properly cleaned bathroom after our complaint.

Upon check out, we expected to be asked whether or not we had enjoyed our stay, or to hear "thank you for staying with us". No more than two words were said.

Overall, we did not feel like valued guests. Had it not been for these few (major) issues, this review would have been a glowing one. Looking back at the negative reviews about management coming across as indifferent, it now makes sense.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
8  Thank SuperDuo
jojeanallen, Staff Member at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Dear SuperDuo from the Netherlands,
Please accept our sincere apologies. We do care about all our guests. We don't have a male manager here, so we would appreciate if you could contact Jo Jean at gm@fortlauderdalehie.com, and she will address issues. Palm Beach is a long distance call, but, charged at a low rate . We would be more than happy to credit you for those calls.
The Entire Staff

Reviewed 5 December 2013

My mother and I stayed for three nights starting December 1st. This was our second stay at this property. We were blown away by our first experience and we were equally pleased our second time around {Please look up my first review for even more details}.

Everything about this place is 5-star all the way. The property and the rooms are spotless - super clean. The entire place is well appointed and decorated - tastefully, not pretentiously. The fitness room is open 24 hours and is spacious with new machines and a lot of weights and equipment. There are no bad parking spaces and all are very safe and security patrolled. The breakfast is incredible - tasty, filling and delicious with a very wide variety to choose from - something for everyone. Newspaper under your door every morning is a nice touch. The beds are soooo comfortable and the pillows! I have to find out where I can get some for home. You get a such a good rest at this place. Bathrooms are modern, spotless and bright. Location is central - close to I95, shopping and restaurants.

I could go on and on about the property, but the people are by far the best part of the stay here. If you should be fortunate enough to meet Jo Jean (the Manager) and her wonderful team, then you will know what I mean. They are all so friendly, professional, courteous, helpful, warm and happy. You can't fake happiness and it comes out in the smiles and the personalities of Jo Jean and her amazing staff. If this place were a straw hut, I would still give it 5-stars because of the great people. As it turns out, the property is top-notch and is only embellished by the fine team of people who obviously take their cue from their fine leader Jo Jean.

My wife is so jealous and is anxiously waiting for our next trip to Fort Lauderdale as she knows that this is the only place we will ever stay in South Florida and has heard us raving about the property twice now. As a matter of fact, all of our business was in West Palm and Port St. Lucie, but we had such a great experience here before that the extra driving was well worth it for the pleasure of staying here.

Thanks again Jo Jean and team. You might not always know it or feel it, but you make the world a better place.... one guest at a time. Happy Holidays to you all !!! -Gian & Lois East.

Room Tip: All the rooms are equally great!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Gian E
jojeanallen, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Hello 'G' and Ms East,
WOW.... Thank YOU!!! We can't wait to meet the rest of the family. Hope to see you soon. We all thank you for all your kind words about the hotel and staff. We are so blessed to have you stay with us & it was great having you here with us again. Looking forward to your next visit.
Our Best Regards

Reviewed 19 November 2013

My wife and I stayed here for one night pre cruise. We had stayed here last year as well and based on that fact you can determine the stay was just fine. This hotel has clean rooms and are very comfortable in size, and the bathrooms are clean as well. The breakfast is more than adequate and the staff are very attentive to their guests. The room has a mini fridge which is convenient to keep a drink or light snack. If you have a car this hotel is perfect for the price you pay, the only issue would be if you don't see the entrance to the hotel in time you will miss it and it is a very long block to go around. This hotel is quiet, convenient and priced right for any stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the rear of the hotel so you are not facing the Main Street.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Paul Craig
jojeanallen, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Dear Paul Craig from Montreal,
Thank You for staying with us!!! We appreciate your kind words for the hotel and staff. We strive to make each guest comfy and at home. Hope to see you soon!!!