I'm a little late in writing this review. We stayed at the Tropi Rock for nearly six weeks in the fall (2011) and had a wonderful time. We've stayed in the area for years and had walked by this property many times. It has been purchased by the same group that had closed and was refurbishing our usual hotel, and it was suggested we stay here. It was a good decision.
The hotel is showing some age, as other reviewers have noted. We did not notice any problem with cleanliness, however. The housekeeping staff worked very hard to keep our room clean and comfortable. I assume the new owners will be refurbishing this property soon.
We rented an efficiency which had a full kitchen, eating area with dining table and four chairs, and everything one would expect a kitchen to have. It was a spacious unit and we didn't get cabin fever even after an extended stay. We phoned several family members who decided to join us and we ended up with three rooms, all joined together. It was like having a huge condo but with privacy when we wanted it. All of our family were pleased with the accommodations.
The grounds are well landscaped and are well kept; the outdoor furnishings, like the rest of the hotel, are showing some age, though, and if you are expecting the Ritz, this isn't it.The pool area is very inviting and there is complimentary outdoor coffee in the courtyard every day. Beach towels and chairs are provided for beach goers at no cost.
There are plenty of restaurants and shops within easy walking distance and there is a bus stop a block away. Anyone who hasn't used Fort Lauderdale's public transit has missed a great way to get around at a very reasonable cost. I highly recommend it.
What can I say about Mick and Patty that others haven't already said? They were simply two of the best hotel managers I've ever encountered anywhere. Mick gave us many suggestions for restaurants and other tips. Both of them were helpful in many ways while we were visiting.
They were also quick to solve problems. Shortly after our arrival, for some reason, one of the large Italian floor tiles became loose. The more we walked on it, the looser it got. We mentioned it to Mick once and within hours a tile crew was in the room repairing it. We had no more trouble.
We will be in Fort Lauderdale again and when we are, we'll stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For centuries, Fort Lauderdale Beach has traditionally been among America's top tropical destinations. We're warm year-round. We offer endless world-famous beaches and world-class venues. In this spirit, we spared no expense updating the quintessential Tropirock Hotel - evoking memories of the golden age of travel when rooms were stylish and attentive service made you feel exceptional. Tropirock's now one of North Beach Village's most popular boutique hotels - where seascapes, watersports and heated pools arouse family fun but at an extraordinary value. Walk just 3-minutes to sunny beaches and unforgettable dining or 10,000 family entertainment options! And when you return, you'll find our Village Hosts with their concierge-like services attentive to your family's needs. We'll help everyone feel uniquely comfortable and delighted. Our motto, "Under promise and over deliver," speaks of Tropirock's value. After all, our attention to detail is evident in our use of custom tiled floors, fine woods and creative decor. Our spacious rooms have state-of-the-art flat screens and coffeemakers. Wi-Fi is complimentary and there are never resort fees. Book Tropirock today and today your beach holiday begins. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Tropi Rock Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropi Rock Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Tropi Rock Fort Lauderdale