“A "Petit Trianon" to relax and play” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Worthington Guest House

The Worthington Guest House
Guaynabo, Puerto Rico
“A "Petit Trianon" to relax and play”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2012

If Marie Antoinette had been a gay man, this would have been her "Petit Trianon", since she was not we claim it ours!

This place is a playhouse where you can be king during your stay! The guys who work behind the scene are the hardest working, most service oriented and happy we have encountered. They make The Worthington Guest House, the magic place it is with their smiles and greets every time you go past them...Thank you guys for all the hard work you do!

We love that every time we have been there it has new things to offer, this time it was a small deck uniting the Worthington and it's sister property the Alcazar. The rooms we stayed at 212 looked like it had jut been refurbished, the walls were freshly painted and the bathroom was redone, specially loved the new "sunflower" shower head! The reception area has also been beautifully re-done and the area where the continental breakfast is served looks amazing!

Needless to say we love and highly recommend this beautiful guest! You will not be disappointed if you choose to stay at this guest house!

Room Tip: Loved the shower in room 212...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2012

The title says it all! Whatever you are looking for you can find it at the Worthington. Great pool for those wanting to enjoy the sun and a great hot tub for those who want to soothe a tired body.

Very close to Sebastian Beach for anyone who prefers being beach side over pool side.

Excellent staff who were always available to assist you. And they always did it with a smile on their face! That is hard to find these days!!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2012

Highly recommended. The staff is marvelous! Location is perfect and the cleanliness is superb. I highly recommend this gay guesthouse for those you appreciate good bargain with good service. Room 122, just on the first floor is accesible and at a corner with lots of windows which makes the room brighter and bigger!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Twin Falls, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2012

What can I say. Do you want an awesome, cute, and friendly staff? Do you seek a new adventure everyday at the resort? Do you want to get an all over tan without getting arrested at the local beach? Maybe you so just want some relaxation, peace and quiet, or meet someone new each day of your visit? Great news! Book your stay here and put your mind at rest knowing you just made a great decision. I flew in from the west coast and wasn't sure what to expect. Wow. It was a blast. The room was very clean. The bed was so comfy with pillows to spare. Loved the shower. The pool and hot tub experience was one of a kind. Was a little hesitant of the clothing opitional thing. Mostly because of my shyness factor. By the end of my stay, I couldnt help not go nude for tanning, swimming, soaking in the hot tub, and of course, playing PRINCESS VOLLEYBALL at midnight with the guys also staying at the resort. The beach ball in the pool has Disney Princess characters on it, so hence the name. Room 220 overlooked the pool and hot tub. Awesome room. Resort is very close to the beach. Easy walking distance. Sebastian part of the beach is about a rough swift walk of 10-15 minute max (the beach itself is a couple short blocks over then a nice stroll along the beach or outer sidewalk to Sebastian). Snacks for breakfast was healthy and filling for the tummy as well. If you haven't been to an all guy resort or know the area, the staff was super sweet, helpful, and informative. I can go on and on for all the best reasons, however, the choice and decision is yours to make. I made the right choice and will definitely come back! No "if's" about how much fun this place is to stay at. Bottom line, "Just DO IT"
Jeff Shedd
Idaho
(more potatoes, not as many guys here)

Room Tip: Room 220. Overlooked the pool and hot tub. Closest room to the front gate and the courtyard pool are...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank jeff s
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2012

I chose the Worthington based on an online search of gay resorts in FLL and comments left here on Tripadvisor. I have to say that chosing my room online (211) was a nice advantage and I was happy to have made a good choice in that location at the resort.

I was on the second floor on the Alcazar side of the resort and it was a spacious room (compared to a couple I had seen on my trip) with a nice king sized bed that was VERY comfortable to sleep in. The room was quiet and other than housekeeping staff passing by in the mornings (their supply room was close by) and guys staying in 213 who had 2 small dogs who would bark from time to time, it was a peaceful spot. A couple I met from Great Britain were on the third floor and you could certainly hear traffic noise and whatnot from Birch Street.

I loved the layout of my room and was pleased with the decent-sized refrigerator that did NOT include a wet bar, so I was able to store beer and food I purchased at the local Publix without having to shift anything left in there if it had been a true wet bar. Was nice to check out DVDs from the front desk; yet, I was disappointed that my DVD player was on the fritz....no power to it at all; when I pulled out the dresser/entertainment center to check the plug connections, I was a bit surprised to find a dirty pair of underwear left behind there. I had to laugh a little because, well, if I were staying at the Westin, then this might be a big problem. lol I was able to get a new DVD player within a reasonable amount of time.There was also remodeling/construction going on in the room below mine....there was some noise that I could hear, but thankfully, this did not start until later in the morning and was not a problem for me at all.

There are two pools at the resort and the one closest to my room did not have the hot tub, so typically there were not as many guests there...just the same, the water seemed cooler than the pool on the other side (both of the them saltwater, btw). I spent the majority of my time at the pool/hot tub on the opposite end of the resort. There were a few nights I found myself alone, but slow but sure, other guests trickled in and I had a great time chatting with them and thoroughly enjoying myself.

If I had any complaint it was more incidental things about the layout of the resort: 1. There was no public bathroom by either pool and it was a little bit of a trek to get back to my room to take care of business. 2. Not sure where they would put it, but a bar by either pool would certainly lend itself to more socializing--especially for those of us who travel alone (not that I had any problem making friends while I was there). and 3. I wish there was a recycling program for all the cans and bottles I went through....although I don't know how practical that would be.

The continental breakfast was adequate (not much of a breakfast person here) and it was nice to grab a cup of coffee and a pastry to keep me sated until later. All the staff was friendly and accomodating to whatever I needed.

Would I stay here again? Possibly. I spent time at a nearby resort that was about $20 more a night than what I paid, and might want to try that one out upon my next trip, but realistically, I didnt find anything at the Worthington that made me think that I was ripped off or unfairly treated that I couldnt recommend this place to anyone. Certainly had a fantastic time and loved the accomodations!

Room Tip: Worthington is the side with more activity to it (with the hot tub) and Alcazar is a bit more subdue...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2012

The Worthington and their staff do an incredible job at creating a very open and very friendly atmosphere to relax and meet some fantastic people from all over. My partner and I had a great time hanging out and seldom left the grounds.
Room 226 has a perfect view of the pool and hot tub. Vending and ice machine was just down a flight of stairs. The king mattress was comfortably firm and pillows were overflowing.
The window AC unit was quick to cool the Florida heat and the mini fridge was large enough to store a large pizza box with room left over for mixers and booze.
I am glad the owners kept the hardwood floors. It added to the charm of the unit unlike the overly tiled guesthouses we have been to before.
Service on the rooms to replace towels and tidy up was quick and usually happened while we were down enjoying breakfast and sharing gossip from the night before.
Both pools had plenty of chairs for lounging poolside and Sebastian Beach is within walking distance. A heavy rain storm kept us in one afternoon, but a quick call for take out made for a friendly indoor gathering.
It's easy to see why all the rooms were filled. A+ guys! We look forward to our next trip back.

Room Tip: I prefer the Worthington side over Alcazar. The pool area had a better design and people seemed to g...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Johnny C
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2012

My partner and I stayed at the Worthington June 27 - July 3 and had an incredible time. We come to Lauderdale about 2-3 times a year and have always stayed at other guest houses. This was our first trip staying at the Worthington and we have found our new home. We absolutely loved it. There was a great group of men who were staying there all of them very nice and it seemed that everyone got along great as we often met out at the bars in the evening. The happy hour on Saturday afternoon was a blast. Not just beer and wine as with some other places...they basically had a full bar to mix whatever your tastebuds desired! To say the rooms are clean is an understatement. The rooms are IMMACULATE. The staff is amazing. Always with a smile and a good morning when they see you. We liked it so much we booked to come back over Labor Day weekend. If you are looking for a place to stay you should really consider the Worthington in my opinion you will NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple