“No place better!”

The Worthington Guest House
Omaha, Nebraska
“No place better!”
Reviewed 4 May 2013

This was my 7th time staying at The Worthington. Every time, it gets better and better. The "happy hour" on Saturday afternoon is a blast. The hours after are even better. The staff make this place fun and make sure you are enjoying your time there. My 1st day there I asked Edgar to leave an extra towel each day. I never had to ask again nor did the staff miss a day even on Edgar's day(s) off. Little things like that make this a great place to stay. Jim and his staff are doing it right and have many many return guests. The new property they added next door is a excellent addition. 2 hot tubs and 3 pools ALL clothing optional. Great place to come, have fun and enjoy yourself.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank hotomacock

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
Reviewed 30 April 2013

Our first time in Ft. Lauderdale and the stay at the Worthington made this a amazing trip. Beautiful courtyards and guest rooms. Pools and hot tubes are amazing and made lots of new friends. Highly recommend. We will be coming back every year.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank Advantagehardwood
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 April 2013

My partner and I booked in for 4 days, prior to a cruise departing from Port Everglades. We chose The Worthington following over reviews found on Trip Adviser.

Well I can say we were 100% satisfied with our visit, we have made some new friends that we'll keep in touch with, and no doubt meet at The Worthington on a future visit to the USA. The staff were really friendly, and seemed genuinely cheerful too.

I cannot see a reason why not to recomment this venue to stay in, if like us, you prefer a hotel/guest house in this sort of classifcation.

Room Tip: Next time I would personally request a room on the 1st floor, as we were directly outside of the ice...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Christian F
Vermont
Reviewed 20 April 2013

The Worhington has acquired two additonal guest houses that are all connected. The names are the Alcazer and the Villa Venice. The rooms at the Worthington are clean and spacious. If you want avoid the loud and smoky crowd stay in one of the adjourning houses. The breakfast is basic. Cereal, yogurt and pre-packed muffings, coffee and OJ. If you are looking for nudity this is the place for you. Many people walk around nude during the day and at night the action begins. Cruising is what happens in the two hot tubs.

Room Tip: Stay on second floor or higher
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank mytr7
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 20 April 2013

This review is for The Worthington, but it can apply to all three properties as they are inter-connected. This was my first trip to a all male, all gay resort and clothing optional in the pool area. Part of my going was to for once in my life it was time to tackle my shyness, and simply see if i could be more extroverted and comfortable in myself, and also approaching others just to talk, and to feel comfy enough to shed my clothes in public. This was a major step for a me. I am 54 and have not taken my shirt off in public for over 30 years. Well, I took the shirt off as well as every other stitch of clothing I had on and had a great time... and no one laughed, snickered, or pointed!

The other guests varied in ages to early 20's to up to mid 60's. I saw people of all ages talking and interacting socially and not once did I feel out of place. Guests may be up late talking by the pool so it may get loud. If you think this would be a problem for you ask to have a room not facing the pool (especially the main one). My room faced the main pool and i loved it. I am a night owl and sitting around the pool chatting, or a midnight dip, or soak in the tub chatting with others sure beats sitting in your room watching late night TV. This place far exceeded my expectations!I will be back!

Room Tip: If you go to sleep early ask for a room that does not face the pool. if you don't mind people t...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Cnits
Ontario
Reviewed 14 April 2013 via mobile

Stayed here once again - saw even more improvements. Stayed at their new Villa Venice resort. Instead of hashing over same comments others have made I'll just say this is the resort to stay at if you are looking for new friends or companionship whilst on vacation. Met others from surrounding resorts and they complain they were mostly empty, so I'm confident we once again made the right choice.

Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 April 2013 via mobile

This is my 6th stay here over the past 2.5 years and recommend this resort over others in the area (I tried a few others). Villa Venice and Worthington would be their premium offerings; however, if you are on a budget try the Alcazar side as they are lower in price but very spacious. I suggest looking on their website for specials (like stay 2 nights get third night free). Also ask for discount if you are a repeat customer.

If you are looking for a social atmosphere where you can meet other people for flings this would be the place. It's all in the math - you have over 60 rooms and over 100 people its going to be easy to meet others. You may find you won't need that Grindr ap. Happy hour on Saturday afternoon is another meet and greet opportunity with a DJ, free boos and a spread of munchies. I encounter very little if no attitude from other guests. It's not uppity here and other guests will socialize with you regardless of age or shape. With 3 pools, 2 hot tubs and 3 private deck areas you can also find privacy if that's what you prefer.

The staff here are very friendly and make you feel like family. Jay who maintains the landscaping looks like he's straight out of a Norman Rockwell Americana painting LOL. Jim the owner clearly takes an interest in the property with a hands on approach. The housekeeping staff are very easy on the eyes!! Maintenance staff are always sprucing things up.

Additional amenities worth mentioning are complimentary beach umbrellas, beach chairs, sunscreen, sun lotion, flip flops, continental breakfast, use of BBQ, free parking, anytime tea/coffee, flat screen TVs, iPhone docking station (Villa Venice), WiFi that is easy to connect to and fast.

This place does not lure customers with obviously fake reviews, rather thru offering a great product at a value, treating customers well enough that they earn repeat business and recommendations.

• Stayed April 2013