“Nice exterior, gross room.”

Sheraton Suites Cypress Creek Ft. Lauderdale
Ranked #49 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Birmingham, Alabama
“Nice exterior, gross room.”
Reviewed 16 January 2013

One tv did not work and we called the front desk and were told that she was the only one working and could not help us. The bathroom was gross! Hair stuck on ceiling and wall in bathroom. Stained carpet. Mold around a/c vents. Really, this is a Sheraton????

Room Tip: Dont stay here
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank sfsllc
Mike R, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Cypress Creek Ft. Lauderdale, responded to this review, 28 January 2013
We appreciate your comment, and express regret for the inconveniences. I have brought this to the care of our housekeeping crew and we are presently working on these matters.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
McKinney, Texas, USA
Reviewed 13 January 2013

I have stayed many times at this Sheraton and it is hard to believe that the quality of the rooms has declined so radically. The lobby is maintained and very nice, but minimal air conditioning. However, that is where the quality ends. My room #216 was a complete disaster. Basically, no air conditioning – I was glad it was January 2013 and my room was only 80 degrees. The maintenance man said that the chillers were not working and there was nothing he could do. The bathroom was nasty – mold on the shower curtain and in the grout on the walls and floors. Finally, there were stains on the carpet that told me to keep my shoes on. The manager did have the room deep cleaned the next day, but the damage was done. I will never be staying at this Sheraton ever again.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
We hope you will accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced on your stay. We have corrected the issue with our air conditioning since then. To avoid such problems in the future, I have schedules a meeting with the Executive housekeeper.

Travellers are raving about these Fort Lauderdale hotels

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 12 January 2013 via mobile

Dont get it, all nice here, was told as a Platinum would have free wifi but guess what? Doesn't exist, thank goodness that I brought my own mifi, otherwise would have been in trouble not been able to work from my room

Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank coquibravo
Mike R, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Cypress Creek Ft. Lauderdale, responded to this review, 21 January 2013
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I am very sorry to hear about your inconveniences, and regret you were unable to receive wifi service in your room. We are investigating why the connection was unavailable, we should have that resolved immediately
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 9 January 2013

Let's put the record straight!! I'm Platinum with Starwoods Hotels and Platinum with Marriott.
I stay every year a lot at different hotel - a mix of Business and Pleasure.

Hotel is so understaffed that you ALWAYS have to wait in line at the front desk for at least an hour - to beg for towels, to beg why they didn't changed your stained sheets, to bed why they didn't vacuum the room, to beg for paper toilet. etc. TRUES STORY!! But the sad story, is that all the people in line at the front desk are here to beg and complain about something.

Stayed at the hotel 16 nights on vacation and it became HELL on EARTH.

After the first night (Dec 21, 2012) 5 cars were on bricks!! All their 4 tires got stolen (including the trim, poor guys, it's gonna cost them a lot). Scary as hell. Didn't know what to do with my car - and the Hotel didn't reassure you at all!! It's at your own risk!! Give me a break, you want me to tie my tires to a poll??

First day in, the pool heater was broken so guess what? for 16 days they didn't repair it. They repaired it at the end of my 16th day!! So a vacation were I was supposed to enjoy the pool and SPA - I enjoyed NOTHING!!! No Pool and No SPA. and Hotel was ok with it.

From the Manager Michael VK to the GM Mike Rice - service, room etc was a disaster.
But the worst thing is when we complained - the GM seemed like we are doing him a favor that we are staying at his hotel. and you know what he told me in the middle of my stay when I was complaining about the service: " Sir, do you want to leave?" I can't believe the GM itself told me that!! that answer alone tell you what you should expect of this hotel.

Last, 15$/Breakfast - They had nothing there - No cereals, No bagels, No milk - and their answer: " Sorry Sir we didn't get delivery today" Happened 10 times out of 16.

Bottom line. Go to a Motel 6 - you will be happier.

They have to change the WHOLE staff!!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank EagleTX13
I apologize for the distress your encountered during your extended stay at our hotel. We take great care to ensure that important matters such as these are properly addressed, and take these remarks very seriously. I have brought this to the attention of our team and we are currently working on these issues. Also please be assured that if you were asked if you would like to leave, it was only to communicate an option based on your on-going dissatisfaction. Thank you again for your time and we wish you and yours the best.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 9 January 2013

if you planning to ruined your vacation this hotel is the perfect stay!!!!
from the first day we arrived we had issues...just a quick summary ...tires wheels were stolen to 5 differents car the same night, very poor services we had to beg them for paper toilet, towels....plumbing issue ....strange color on water something like yellow.....we arrived few times after 6pm and our room was not clean. Thinking to take a breakfast do even try after 9am you will hear something like "sorry but we are out of bread, cornflakes, milk or cream cheese "dont forget it s a $15 breakfeast....

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank soso442
We appreciate your feedback, and apologize for the inconveniences you encountered.
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 8 January 2013

As the subject heading states.

Not as bad as other reviewers make out the facilities to be, it is not the finest, but nowhere near as bad as motels. I found the staff to be pleasant and competent.

Rooms offer very little sanctuary when you need some sleep. The hotel is way too noisy from traffic and other external noises.

I will definitely not be staying here anytime soon.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
We appreciate you taking the time to comment on your stay with us, and apologize your room was not as serene as you would have desired. We take these remarks very seriously and are currently investigating how we may better address these issues.
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 8 January 2013

We were in town for the BCS Championship Game. Our room was nicely laid out and clean. No complaints about the hotel portion of the stay. Dining was a completely different matter. While at dinner on Saturday night, a 10 foot branch fell off a palm tree above our table. It shattered all the glassware on the table. There was almost no response from the staff. We had to call someone over to clean the table. Several of our party had shards of glass on their faces and hands and were actively bleeding but no one asked how we were or offered first aid. It looked like we were in a fight. We cleaned ourselves up and did ask for (and got) a comped dinner. Shortly after, we moved to the bar--20 mins later paramedics were working on a guest who died. Ok, that wasn't the Sheraton's fault but it made for a strange visit. We did go to the breakfast buffet each day for convenience sake but avoided the restaurant for other meals as the food was quite mediocre.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank SheilaMcc
Mike R, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Cypress Creek Ft. Lauderdale, responded to this review, 9 January 2013
Please accept our most sincere apologies for the inconvenience this incident caused you and your group. We were informed of your incident by the Manager on Duty who directly assisted your group. We are unaware of any injuries related to the incident. Please contact the hotel directly at 954 772-5400 and ask for the General Manager for further assistance as needed.

Mike Rice