“Great Place to Stay”

Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale at Cypress Creek
Ranked #48 of 131 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 2 July 2013

We always stay here while visiting Fort Lauderdale. It's a great hotel. The suite was large with separate lounge/tv area complete with fridge and bar sink, pull out sofa bed and lounge chairs. The property is well maintained. The interior lobby has man-made streams and foot bridges. The workout center is small but sufficient. The pool is very cold and likely not heated. Although the hotel appears to be located in a very good area of town , on 2 occasions that we stayed at this Hotel there was theft of wheels from high end cars parked in the hotel parking lot. At the time we traveled -there were no cameras or security in place in the parking lot and I do not know if this problem was rectified so beware.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Sheraton_SuitesCC, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale at Cypress Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

I would like to first thank you for being a loyal guest and for your several previous stays at our hotel, thank you for your feedback on your stay with us, we are glad to hear you found our facilities enjoyable. Please know that we have security in our parking lot throughout the overnight hours. it means a lot to me and the staff that you took the time to let us know of your pleasant stay, thanks you again for your comment.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,119)

Reviewed 1 July 2013

A lot of people are saying this place isn't worth it, but I disagree and here's why (keep in mind, we all have our specifications):

1. The rooms were nice and big, we had a living room which was great. (I believe they might all have living rooms? not sure). The room was also clean, and the bed comfortable.
2. The staff was amazing!! Not one bad thing to say about them. They made sure we had transportation whether it was by their shuttle (which, Arthur is just a sweet man), taxi, or even better, their prefered transportation.
3. It's close to a lot of restaurants, there's a dînner that you MUST go and try their milkshakes, so yummy. But don't order an entre and a meal, you won't be able to finish any.
4. The shuttle brings you to one of the Casinos (the one closest obviously)
5. They have a pool, and a hot tub. And when it's hot, you really appreciate that pool. :)

It's true the towels you have to go inside and ask, I had to ask someone visiting where he got his towel. He told me to go to the front desk. also, when we first arrived in Ft. Lauderdale, we stayed at another hotel, what was fun is that they had a mini bar outside, that would have been nice. Some action, music, etc... instead of leaving us feeling lost. But, in general, I really enjoyed the place, and I think the service had a lot to do with it, because they were extremely friendly. Internet is way to expensive though, 10$ a day? Come on, the least you can do is give it free no? It's fun when you're searching to find stuff to do. But I guess all hotels are starting to be like that.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kim W
Sheraton_SuitesCC, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale at Cypress Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2013

Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us at Sheraton Suites, we are glad to hear you found our staff and location enjoyable. It means a lot to me and the staff that you took the time to let us know of your pleasant stay.

Reviewed 22 June 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times in the past and was always pleased. My stay there this time was not as nice. The towels for the pool were supposed to be out at the pool but were no where to be found and we had to go to the front desk to get some. They seem very disorganized. The bellman was quite helpful as usual and made our stay a little more pleasurable.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Sheraton_SuitesCC, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale at Cypress Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2013

I would like to first thank you for being a loyal client and for your several previous stay at our hotel and I would also like to extend my apologies regarding your unfortunate experience. I am sorry to hear about your inconveniences, and I regret that you were not as satisfied as previous times with the performance our staff and facilities provided you with on your last stay with us.

Reviewed 16 June 2013

The rooms are fine but staff were almost absent and I had to wave at someone in the back office to get someone to come onto the front desk and check me in - Not what you need after a long flight.

Breakfast was a let down but on the positive side they have a mini bus that drops people off within 3 miles

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Sheraton_SuitesCC, Manager at Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale at Cypress Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences online. It means a lot to me and the staff that you took the time to let us know of your stay.

Reviewed 14 June 2013

The hotel has a good location, relatively clean, (although the building overall seems to be old - they said they are renovating it soon).

I still gave 5 starts/excellent, mainly because the front desk people were very nice and kind, especially SARITA, who was extremely patient and extremely KIND for all sorts of my requests (e.g., from asking for watching my laptop computer on one of the table in the lobby, getting complementary tooth brush & paste, questions about restaurants, etc....).

Whenever, wherever I travel, what I care most is how kinds the service people are, and from that sense, I had really good experience here.

(A small "drawback" of this hotel is that wireless is not free in our rooms. So, I ended up working at Lobby (where the wifi is free)).

Room Tip: They have a "birthday" sales where you pay the last two digit of your birth year, from the...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Sheraton_SuitesCC, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale at Cypress Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay, I am glad you had a pleasant stay with us and that Sarita was able to make your stay more enjoyable. I have forwarded your comment to her and she is very happy to know she made your stay a happier one.

Reviewed 14 June 2013

This hotel stinks. The people who work here have been terrific. The hotel itself, lousy. From the moment you arrive, the elevators don't work, don't stop on your floor, never arrive, are out of order. In the room, the carpets are so dirty that your beach shoes are more inviting than walking barefoot on the floor. The bathroom, broken sink and toilet that sticks regularly, is frustrating. The air quality in the room is lousy. The walls are soiled. The ceiling air conditioner unit is bent and dented and damaged. The wood surfaces never seem clean. Never. The chairs and beds are so overused and in need of replacement that it seems incredible that they've not yet been replaced. And ew, the bedding. Just ew. The internet rarely worked while I was there. Great rates. Lousy, truly lousy, hotel.

1  Thank DenverTravelers3
Sheraton_SuitesCC, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale at Cypress Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2013

We appreciate your feedback, and are glad to hear you were happy with our staff. We would also like to apologize for the inconveniences you encountered. I have brought this to the attention of our housekeeping team and we are currently working on these issues. We are very happy to share that in the near future we will also be undergoing the process of refurbishing our hotel and look forward to sharing it with you. Once this refurbishment is completed I am certain it will make a noticeable improvement to the appearance of our rooms.

Reviewed 13 June 2013

The first room we were given reeked of cigarette smoke (it was supposed to be a non-smoking hotel) so we asked to be moved. The next room was just a disaster. The refrigerator was left in the middle of the room, the carpets were filthy, the floor of the shower was black, there was only one bath towel in a room for three people, the a/c unit leaked and neither television worked. There was a dirty towel left on the terrace that had cigarette butts on it and the wi-fi didn't work. Each day we went down to the desk and asked them to leave more towels because there were three people in the room. Each day when housekeeping came, they didn't leave enough so we had to trek back down for more towels. The beds are horrendous, mushy mattresses that didn't fit the box spring so if you sat on the end of the bed to get dress, the mattress would fly up in the air. To compound the problems we had, other family members were also at the hotel so we actually had a total of 5 rooms and they were all awful. The only good thing I can say about the place is that the desk staff is very nice, especially a woman named Amanda. In fact, after our first day of troubles they were nice enough to leave a tray of fruits and cheeses but the maintenance staff is so incompetent, when they put the fridge back in the cabinet they didn't plug it in so the cheese went bad. Do not stay here even if it's for free.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank David S

I would like to first thank you for your stay at our hotel, and am glad to hear you were warmly received and had the opportunity to meet Amanda at our Front Desk. I would also like to extend my apologies regarding your unfortunate experience with us here at Sheraton Suites. I am sorry to hear about your inconveniences, and I regret that you were not satisfied with the conditions of your hotel room. Please know that we take feedback such as this very seriously and will work very hard to regain your faith & trust in our hotel.
Again I thank you for your comment and i apologize for the troubles you encountered.