Sheraton Suites Cypress Creek Ft. Lauderdale
Ranked #56 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Atlanta, Georgia
“Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

When we arrive to the Sheraton Suites Cypress Creek, we were blown away by the design of the hotel, the great hospitality of the staff and the management we were greatly please with our time spent there and promise to return in the future. It's what you will call a home away from home.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Sheraton_SuitesCC, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Cypress Creek Ft. Lauderdale, responded to this review, 2 August 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences online. It means a lot to me and the staff that you took the time to let us know of your pleasant stay. We look forward to having you here with us again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

This hotel is top notch when it comes to customer service. I stayed there with my mom and my sisters family and the customer service given to us was excellent! My sister is moving to Florida from Chicago and was very stressed out about not having a place to live, all the staff there has treated everyone so great and has helped put her mind at ease. I had a slight issue (on my side) with my sister's reservation and the Front Office Manager, Cameron was so helpful and fixed the issue immediately. I would very much recommend this hotel to anyone.

Thanks a bunch from Houston!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Sheraton_SuitesCC, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Cypress Creek Ft. Lauderdale, responded to this review, 19 July 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your stay, I am very glad to hear you were so pleased with the service our staff provided you with, I have shared your comment with Cameron our Director of Guest Services and he is ecstatic to hear he was able to make your stay so pleasant. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.
trinidad
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

I have been here for a few days and i really like the place and accommodation. The only thing that turns me off is the condition of the carpets in the bedroom and the hallway, they can really take a steam cleaning and the housekeeping hardly ever vacuum the rooms, you have to make a request.

There is nothing wrong with this hotel only that management take a step back and evaluate the rooms and the furnishings.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
We appreciate you taking the time to comment on your stay with us, and am glad to hear you have been enjoying our facilities. We will be undergoing the process of refurbishing the hotel for this upcoming year, which will be carried out in stages to cause minimum disruption to our guests. Once this refurbishment is completed I am certain it will make a noticeable improvement to the appearance of the property.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

I was actually quite concerned after I booked my room here and saw so many bad reviews however; I was pleasantly surprised upon arrival. The first night we were on the 6th floor looking out of the front of the hotel. It was fine until we were ready to sleep and the lights to light up the Sheraton sign came right into the room making it quite difficult to sleep. The floor in the living room area was damp and if you walked on it with your bare feet your feet got wet (gross). The A/C also didn't seem to be working at full capacity and the room didn't get cool enough. That next morning we were kindly moved to a room on the 2nd floor. It didn't look as new as the previous room and it smelt like wet carpet. We asked to be moved, nothing was available at that time. We went out for the day, came back and they were able to accommodate us with a room on the 4th floor. Much better room. A/C worked, carpet wasn't AS damp as others and it didn't smell. Overall I had a really nice stay and feel like I got my money's worth. I plan on travelling to this area more often and will most likely stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: Request a room not facing the front of the hotel
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Sheraton_SuitesCC, Manager at Sheraton Suites Cypress Creek Ft. Lauderdale, responded to this review, 19 July 2013
We appreciate your feedback, and apologize for the inconveniences you encountered on your stay with us. I am glad to hear you were happy with the help our staff provided you with and look forward to having you with us again soon.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2013

I'm staying at this hotel for a week as I got a great deal and had stayed here a few years ago. Located just off Interstate 95 the hotel is convenient to most of S. Florida.

While the hotel was basically fine there was just something "off" during my visit. When I got to my room there were no bath towels, but I made it work. The next day again no bath towels. Finally on my 3rd day they showed up. But as I used up my coffee it wasn't replenished... But the cups were.

As I looked around the nicely decorated room it occurred to me a lamp was missing from the nightstand and a second one was broken. The carpet was well worn and stained. At the same time the maid seemed to do a good job of actually cleaning the room.

In the public areas... Again something was just "off." In the lobby (near the check in area) some furniture (near the ATM) was missing. On the way to the pool a tree had dropped some of its fruit staining the otherwise handsome walkway. The hallways never seemed to get vacumed.

Although a bit disappointed, I gave the hotel an average grade as it was an amazing value. Also, check-in was a breeze and the staff were all very helpful. I guess I'm thinking it must be near time for a refresh of the physical property and some better training or additional cleaning people. As this location and the large 2 room suites work for me. Time will tell what happens with this property.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank East-mt
We appreciate you taking the time to comment on your stay with us and are happy to hear you found our staff helpful. We apologize for the inconveniences you had encountered with your bath towels not being replenished.
I am happy to announce we will soon be undergoing the process of refurbishing the hotel, and once this refurbishment is completed I am certain it will make a noticeable improvement to the appearance of our rooms and property.
Cape Breton Island, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013

We always stay here while visiting Fort Lauderdale. It's a great hotel. The suite was large with separate lounge/tv area complete with fridge and bar sink, pull out sofa bed and lounge chairs. The property is well maintained. The interior lobby has man-made streams and foot bridges. The workout center is small but sufficient. The pool is very cold and likely not heated. Although the hotel appears to be located in a very good area of town , on 2 occasions that we stayed at this Hotel there was theft of wheels from high end cars parked in the hotel parking lot. At the time we traveled -there were no cameras or security in place in the parking lot and I do not know if this problem was rectified so beware.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Sheraton_SuitesCC, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Cypress Creek Ft. Lauderdale, responded to this review, 23 August 2013
I would like to first thank you for being a loyal guest and for your several previous stays at our hotel, thank you for your feedback on your stay with us, we are glad to hear you found our facilities enjoyable. Please know that we have security in our parking lot throughout the overnight hours. it means a lot to me and the staff that you took the time to let us know of your pleasant stay, thanks you again for your comment.
Quebec City, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

A lot of people are saying this place isn't worth it, but I disagree and here's why (keep in mind, we all have our specifications):

1. The rooms were nice and big, we had a living room which was great. (I believe they might all have living rooms? not sure). The room was also clean, and the bed comfortable.
2. The staff was amazing!! Not one bad thing to say about them. They made sure we had transportation whether it was by their shuttle (which, Arthur is just a sweet man), taxi, or even better, their prefered transportation.
3. It's close to a lot of restaurants, there's a dînner that you MUST go and try their milkshakes, so yummy. But don't order an entre and a meal, you won't be able to finish any.
4. The shuttle brings you to one of the Casinos (the one closest obviously)
5. They have a pool, and a hot tub. And when it's hot, you really appreciate that pool. :)

It's true the towels you have to go inside and ask, I had to ask someone visiting where he got his towel. He told me to go to the front desk. also, when we first arrived in Ft. Lauderdale, we stayed at another hotel, what was fun is that they had a mini bar outside, that would have been nice. Some action, music, etc... instead of leaving us feeling lost. But, in general, I really enjoyed the place, and I think the service had a lot to do with it, because they were extremely friendly. Internet is way to expensive though, 10$ a day? Come on, the least you can do is give it free no? It's fun when you're searching to find stuff to do. But I guess all hotels are starting to be like that.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kim W
Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us at Sheraton Suites, we are glad to hear you found our staff and location enjoyable. It means a lot to me and the staff that you took the time to let us know of your pleasant stay.