“Wonderful stay - expectations exceeded!”

Sheraton Suites Cypress Creek Ft. Lauderdale
Ranked #48 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I was rather surprised by my recent stay at this property. I had read some of the negative reviews on Trip Advisor, and arrived with lower expectations than normal. However, my expectations were greatly exceeded during my stay. The front desk staff was extremely friendly and helpful. As a SPG Gold member, they upgraded me to the top floor and gave me a complimentary breakfast for one night...just an added bonus. In fact, all the staff at this property were friendly, helpful, and always smiling--something you don't always see at hotels these days.

The room was large (although the bathroom a bit small) with a very very comfortable Sheraton Sleeper bed with soft linens and a great mattress. The room was clean and tidy. The lobby and public areas were also very clean and well maintained. The lobby is rather grand with a waterfall and lots of tropical foliage throughout. WiFi in the room was fast.

Parking was plentiful and the location was right off I95 and near shopping and lots of dining options.

Overall, this property is one of the better Sheraton properties in the US, I am surprised and disappointed to read some of the negative reviews on here, I just don't see how the complaints are justified...and that is from visiting nearly 20 different Starwood properties this year alone.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing I-95 on a higher level.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Sheraton_SuitesCC, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Cypress Creek Ft. Lauderdale, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to comment on your stay and are happy you enjoyed our facilities and the service provided to you. We hope to have you staying with us again soon.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

As owners in the Starwood Vacation Network/Starwood Preferred Guest program, we have stayed in many Sheraton Hotels. This property is by far the most disappointing one. The hallway carpets were filthy. The overall decor is in serious need of updating. Though we had a two room suite, the TV in the living room area was broken, draperies were hanging off the hooks, and half of the light fixtures didn't work. The bathroom was tiny, and very poorly designed. One of the water handles on the sink was broken, the toilet seat was half way off the hinges, and not only was the tub worn out, but it took forever to drain and had a constant drip! The AC fan seemed to run constantly, and loudly, but the room never stayed a consistent temperature. There were several pillows on the bed, and the one I chose for the first nights stay smelled of mildew, disgusting. There were only two coffee packets and 2 paper cups provided. We had to make two calls to guest services to ask for more, and when they finally delivered, they didn't even bring the amount we asked for. This hotel was the worst choice to kick off our vacation. As a matter of fact, we were supposed to return here for our final night, but I cancelled and booked another property. I cannot believe this property received a 3 Diamond rating from AAA.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Sheraton_SuitesCC, Manager at Sheraton Suites Cypress Creek Ft. Lauderdale, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Please accept my apologies. I sincerely regret that you were not satisfied with our facilities. Please be aware we have made significant improvements to our property through our renovations. We appreciate your feedback, and hope you will give us another chance to better serve you in the future.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

My family (of 3) and I visited this Hotel back in Aug '13

The Good:

Price, Size of rooms (all are suites), courtyard/lobby was very beautiful with water falls and small river with fish and turtles that my kids loved watching.

Not so Good:

The area doesnt seem safe as i witnessed a muscle car in the lot on cinder block (wheels stolen). there was some smell of old carpet on some floors and the room although clean, had stains scratches and dents all over linen, furniture and bathroom.

in short had a good time but i think they could do some adjusting to revamp the place.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

I appreciate your feedback i am glad to hear you enjoyed our hotel, and would I also like to extend my apologies for the inconveniences you have encountered. I have since then scheduled a staff meeting with our Housekeeping Executive and have discussed your inconvenience.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

I have traveled all over the world and I have never experienced such a fantastic staff that is at this Hotel.

I would like to especially thank Lenette Powell for her help, kindness and efficiency in making my reservations for my students that arrive every month. Without Lenette and her organizational skills my stay at the Hotel would not be as stress free as she makes it..

Lenette is a exceptional person and a outstanding employee. Without Lenette and her organizational skills, kindness, sense of humor and patience my stay at the Hotel would not be as wonderful as it is. I am very grateful to her and all the help she gives me and is always there to lend a helping hand. Thank you Lenette and because of you I stay very loyal to the Sheraton Suites Cypress Creek and use this Hotel monthly for my students.

Room Tip: I like the rooms across from the elevator because I'm always carrying things.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Sheraton_SuitesCC, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Cypress Creek Ft. Lauderdale, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your stay, I am very glad to hear you were so pleased with the service our staff provided you with, I have shared your comment with Lennette and she is ecstatic to hear she was able to make your stay so pleasant. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

I was skeptical about staying here based on some poor reviews. Decided to give it a try since it is very close to my Mother's Senior Living. SO glad I did.
From the moment I walked in, everything has been positive.Friendly,helpful staff. I walked into my roomy suite and smiled. You enter into the living room area with a nice sofa(pullout)chair,desk, TV, frig and microwave, along with Starbucks coffee,tea and a bottle of water. Into the bedroom to find a nice comfortable bed, lots of draw space, closet,TV. Bathroom is nice, not fabulous. All clean. Everything works.... I continue to wonder if I'm in the same hotel that others wrote about.This is a nice hotel, and at the price per night,it's a great deal. The pool is clean, lounges a bit dated, but,very usable.
I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Someone on a lower floor complained that they heard people in the lobby. I was on the 6th floor, nev...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences online. It means a lot to me and the staff that you took the time to let us know of your pleasant stay. We would love to see you again soon.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Practical location; quite noise due to the hotel construction (rooms @ outside). Rooms are OK. Breakfast (continental) pretty shy for the 15$. WLAN perfect. I saw a pool and fitness room. Refrigerator and coffee machine in the room.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your review, we are glad you enjoyed your visit with us.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Very nice rooms, food was good. Friendly staff. We enjoyed the stay while waiting for a cruise. Very good experience.

Internet in the front lobby with nice compfy seating. Parking was always available and close to the entrance.

Room Tip: A corner room seems nice
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Sheraton_SuitesCC, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Suites Cypress Creek Ft. Lauderdale, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Thank you for your review, we are glad you enjoyed your visit with us.
Please tell your friends about your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you soon.