“Lock Up your clothing!!!!”

Sheraton Suites Cypress Creek Ft. Lauderdale
Ranked #48 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
NORTH CAROLINA
“Lock Up your clothing!!!!”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I try to be really neutral about my reviews and normally I use other Starwood properties but this property has caused me to rethink my Starwood Points membership. First, my actual stay was pleasant. The rooms were nice and lobby welcoming, check in easy. It was not until I checked out did I notice two jackets missing. I called immediately back to the front desk and was told I had to wait until the following day to follow up with housekeeping. I stayed at this place before going on a cruise. This is where the problem began; when I called to see if the jackets had been taken to lost and found, the front clerk told me that I could not report the matter to them, I had to report to Housekeeping, which was closed. I asked to be transferred to the Housekeeping and left a voice mail, asking for someone to contact me. The following morning, (because no one followed up) I called from cruise ship twice (waited 2 hours between each call) and was told someone would call me back within 20 mins. but no one ever called. It was once I got on the crusie ship and started unpacking, I notice more of my clothing was gone. I will repeat I have NEVER had anything like this occur to me before. I called customer service, the agent emailed the hotel requesting follow up, no response. Two hours later, I contacted customer service to inform that no one from the hotel had made contact with me after 4 calls over a 2-day period. I was transferred to corporate complaints and corporate contacted this location. Housekeeping supervisor followed up within 20 mins after call from corporate to report that the housekeeper that worked in my room was off and not returning calls. That was it!!!!!!! THAT WAS IT!!!! No call back after. This was the worst customer service, I have ever experienced. After this experience, I can’t see myself frequenting any of Starwood hotels including ALOFT or Westin. I am now convinced that housekeeping stole my stuff, because of the poor follow thru and efforts by hotel Management. If you stay in this hotel, please lock up your clothing, would hate for someone to go shopping in your luggage. This was a costly lesson for me but I will take it as a loss and move on. So disappointed but Starwood has lost a loyal customer!!!!

Room Tip: Lock up Luggage when you are not in the room!!!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LIKETOTRAVEL125
Sheraton_SuitesCC, Manager at Sheraton Suites Cypress Creek Ft. Lauderdale, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
We appreciate your feedback, and apologize for the inconveniences. I have brought this to the attention of our team and we are currently working on these issues.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

No thanks. My company is footing the bill or I would switch hotels.

Foul odor in my 3rd floor room almost unbearable. Opened sliding door to air out, it is caked in filth. Couldn't get it closed. Carpet is revolting. Bad neighborhood. Bed linen is (I hope) stained... And not just dirty.

Pool area is gross....

No ice on first four floors....

No outlet near the bed to charge my phone.

No hotel info book or info on surrounding area.

Just a NO!

If I had any other option, I would be gone already...

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank OnthegoVA
We appreciate your feedback, and apologize for the inconveniences. I have brought this to the attention of our housekeeping team and we are currently working on these issues.
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

I love the lobby and interior of hotel was really impressed. The room however was extremely cold and the heat didn't work. Response time was extremely too long to send someone to look at it had to wait 8 hours and repeated phone calls to get a different room. I'm not sure if I will return I was highly upset with lack of customer service.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Sheraton_SuitesCC, Manager at Sheraton Suites Cypress Creek Ft. Lauderdale, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
We hope you will accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced on your stay. To avoid such problems in the future, I have schedules a meeting with the Executive staff. Again, our sincere apologies.
Hobe Sound, Florida
Reviewed 12 November 2013

The rooms are all large and comfortable suites, the queen size beds EXTREMELY comfortable. King size beds have not yet been replaced (we saw great stacks of old queen beds in the dumpster area) and are not quite so comfy. Maids did a haphazzard job some in our group were well pleased but others not so much. Bath mats removed but not replaced, tubs not clean upon arrival...
The food service is just about the worst I have experienced (I am a food service/travel professional). Poorly trained staff, disorganized service for our group. We were about 200, we pre-ordered, had meal coupons showing our choice on the table in front of us. We arrived in the "dining room" at an agreed upon time. Five or six wait staff wandered around the room carrying some plates of food trying to find where they could serve it. Some tables had some food others had none, no tables were served together. No coffee available although there were cups, next meal no cups but coffee was offered. All meals were served cool to cold. All meals were "packaged pre-prepared". To make matters worse the air-conditioning was not working so 200 of us in suits and ties or dressy dresses sat in 84 degree heat with no service, no food and no hope of either. Caveat Emptor!!!
The breakfast "buffet was staffed by two servers one of whom had to also carry room service trays to the rooms. The remaining server greeted and seated, served coffee (not hot enough), cleaned tables, took cash, refilled the "buffet" AND made toasted bagels for the kitchen's room service.
We went next door (short walk) on Sunday to the diner had an excellent breakfast for less than the buffet. I would not advise choosing this location for any more than an overnight stay. We too were promised the renovations would be complete before our group arrived. Not the case.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Sheraton_SuitesCC, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Cypress Creek Ft. Lauderdale, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
We appreciate your feedback, and apologize for the inconveniences with the restaurant service. We take your remarks very seriously and we are presently examining this issue, I have brought this to the attention of our Food and beverages Director and we are currently working on these matters.
Wellington, Florida
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Although were told when the location was being evaluated in July that all the construction would be complete prior to our conference, clearly that was not the case. Construction and renovations are underway.
My room on the third floor – had stained and worn carpeting both in the hall and in the room. The sink fixture was leaking causing my cosmetic bag to get soaked – luckily by medicines were in a second case and were not harmed.

Upon making my reservation and again when I checked-in I asked that the coach be made up as a bed - we had to ask four times and only received the linens at after 11:00 pm – and then the staff had to go down to get pillows for that bed and towels for a third guest. The next day the coach was partially folded but the cushions were not put in place.

The worst service was with the food service. The wait-staff were understaffed and took forever to bring out plates one at a time searching for who ordered which dish without any kind of system and not serving some of the tables until long after everyone else. Friday night most of the tables did not get cake.- service stopped after one table was served.

No tea was served first night. No water served at lunch Sat. Table only had coffee cups for half the table. No coffee Friday night or Sat. Night – except at one table that did get coffee. We had to get our own water. Not enough butter or dressing to go around. We had to ask other tables.

The fish on Sat night was the driest, worst dish I have ever been served. My friend had the pasta – which came cold with one floret of broccoli.
Both night we had 3 small pieces of potato.

I can assure you I will not be staying at this location again and I am sure that most of my Toastmaster friends feel the same way.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
stuart
Reviewed 5 November 2013

We will return , the staff is great, the rooms are nice and the beds are great! My 2 complaints would be that the carpets are in need of a major shampoo and parking gets crowded. But those are minor. The courtyard and waterfall is beautiful.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Shante W
Thank you for your comment, i am glad you enjoyed our property and hope you have you staying with us again soon.
Long Island, NY
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I was rather surprised by my recent stay at this property. I had read some of the negative reviews on Trip Advisor, and arrived with lower expectations than normal. However, my expectations were greatly exceeded during my stay. The front desk staff was extremely friendly and helpful. As a SPG Gold member, they upgraded me to the top floor and gave me a complimentary breakfast for one night...just an added bonus. In fact, all the staff at this property were friendly, helpful, and always smiling--something you don't always see at hotels these days.

The room was large (although the bathroom a bit small) with a very very comfortable Sheraton Sleeper bed with soft linens and a great mattress. The room was clean and tidy. The lobby and public areas were also very clean and well maintained. The lobby is rather grand with a waterfall and lots of tropical foliage throughout. WiFi in the room was fast.

Parking was plentiful and the location was right off I95 and near shopping and lots of dining options.

Overall, this property is one of the better Sheraton properties in the US, I am surprised and disappointed to read some of the negative reviews on here, I just don't see how the complaints are justified...and that is from visiting nearly 20 different Starwood properties this year alone.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing I-95 on a higher level.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
We appreciate you taking the time to comment on your stay and are happy you enjoyed our facilities and the service provided to you. We hope to have you staying with us again soon.