“Sheraton Cypress Springs, Fort Lauderdale, FL” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Suites Cypress Creek Ft. Lauderdale

Sheraton Suites Cypress Creek Ft. Lauderdale
Ranked #60 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Indianapolis
“Sheraton Cypress Springs, Fort Lauderdale, FL”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

My family and I stayed here one night prior to departing on a Holiday cruise. The hotel appears to be an old Embassy Suites property with a big courtyard and rooms situated around that courtyard. This hotel is okay for a short stay. The workout room was temporarily located in a guest room and it was awful at the time of my stay. The complimentary breafast was just average but enough to fill our bellies until lunch. The room itself was clean and tidy, bathroom was dated and dark with bad lighting. I did appreciate having a refrigerator and microwave in the room. Also, it is only 12 miles from the airport but the cabbie charged us $50 which we found out was $20-$25 too much.

Room Tip: High floors are quiet but elevators are slow.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Sheraton_SuitesCC, Manager at Sheraton Suites Cypress Creek Ft. Lauderdale, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Please accept my apologies. I sincerely regret that you were not satisfied with our facilities. Please be aware we have made significant improvements to our property through our renovations. We appreciate your feedback, and hope you will give us another chance to better serve you in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
Vero Beach, FL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

Sheraton Suites Cypress Creek is a relic from the 70's. We were there for a family visit in December and we were all disappointed. It is a business hotel that has not been updated adequately in a long time. All of the previous reviews regarding stained carpet, torn curtains and shabby furniture are correct. The place really reminds me of a haunted house. It is over decorated with pillars, marble and paintings everywhere. The lighting throughout the building is too dark at night. The fixtures have had most of the bulbs removed and the results is gloomy halls and a dark lobby. Spooky. The rooms may be large but that doesn't compensate for the neglect. The fitness center is closed for renovations. The pool is grungy and there are no towels available unless you go to the front desk. Awkward in your bathing suit. The lobby restaurant is crazy expensive with slooooow service. Particularly troubling is the pitch dark parking lot. You would not want to walk alone from your car at night. It is downright scary. This hotel is not up to Sheraton standards. It is also too expensive for this location. We won't be back!

Room Tip: Get a room away from the train tracks and not under the flight path of the nearby airport.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank nys
Sheraton_SuitesCC, Manager at Sheraton Suites Cypress Creek Ft. Lauderdale, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your unfortunate experience with the Sheraton Suites. I am sorry to hear about your inconveniences, and I regret that you were not satisfied with the performance our facilities provided you with. I have scheduled a meeting with the Maintenance manager to further discuss your comments.

Travellers are raving about these Fort Lauderdale hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013 via mobile

This hotel just off I-95 is centrally located in Ft Lauderdale, but an auto is needed to enjoy the beaches and such. There is however a shopping complex that is walking distance which has a large Regal multiplex cinema.
The all-suite rooms (big enough for a family of 4, with 2 TVs) are stylishly decorated, although upkeep could be better. The AARP rate I had was superb though.

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for your comment, I am happy to see you had an enjoyable stay.
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

I really have no complaints about this hotel. I stayed here one night (November 29th) with a group who booked the whole hotel out for us. The hotel is beautiful inside. I loved sitting in the courtyard area. My only issue was, when i went to pull my sheets back on the bed, there was a questionable reddish brown stain, so i ended up sleeping on top of the sheets. But the bed was super comfortable and my room was quiet. I do not know about the food here. I ate at a diner on the corner. Also, I walked around the corner to a shopping center and got my nails done and saw a movie. I would stay here again if i had the chance.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your comment, I am happy to see you had an enjoyable stay.
Woodbridge, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

I stayed at this property years ago (around 2000) and had issues then. They had a bug problem and were generally sloppy. I stopped staying there and moved to the Westin, which is close. I decided to give them another try after reading reviews on TripAdvisor and because the room rate was good. They have upgraded their rooms - which are nice. The common areas still have an old Pink Flamingo/Florida style theme - not sure if they are planning to udpate it but they are adding a Club Lounge and expanding their fitness center. Parking was free, which is a huge plus in South Florida! Location is good - restaurants etc nearby and right off 95 - with easy access to beaches, the rest of Broward, West Palm and Miami. Overall a good value and comfortable stay for a good price.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Thomas Z
Thank you for your comment, I am happy to see you had a nice stay. We are currently undergoing the renovation of our property along with updating our rooms, we hope you visit us again soon so you can see all the great improvements we have made throughout our property.
Seattle
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013

I spent a night in this hotel prior to a cruise leaving from Ft. Lauderdale. It is a large hotel just off I-95 about 10 min from the Ft. Lauderdale airport. Parking was free although the spaces are small and were difficult to find the night I was there. The facility appears to be an old Embassy Suites style hotel. It seems to be lacking a little in repairs as the TV in our room didnt work and the shower drain backed up when you showered. The carpets were quite stained. The sleep quality was fine and the service was fine as well. I guess I was expecting something better maintained when it has the Sheraton name attached. Overall the hotel is ok but not up to what I would consider Sheraton standards.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate your feedback, and apologize for the inconveniences with the room. I have brought this to the attention of out maintenance team and we are currently working on these issues.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

I was lucky enough to have a suite on the top floor (preferred customer) with a view overlooking the swimming pool which was both very clean and comfortable.
Their beds really are comfortable.
The hotel itself needs updating but I think they are already working on that issue. The service was pleasant if a little slow. The breakfast and lunch could do with an upgrade with more of a variety especially at the price they are offering.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the side of the railway track.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences online. We apologize the continental breakfast options you were presented with was not what you had expected it to be, however it means a lot to me and the staff that you took the time to let us know of your pleasant stay.