“Okay hotel, could be better”

Sheraton Suites Cypress Creek Ft. Lauderdale
Ranked #48 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 3 January 2014

This hotel has a lot of potential, but many small issues that should be addressed.

The courtyard is very nice, with plenty of tropical plants and trees and a koi pond. There are two glass elevators on each end of the lobby that give you a nice view of the koi and the trees.

The carpet in the hallways is very dirty in spots and needs to be replaced. Our room was on the fourth floor. It was nicely decorated, but had some issues. The area around the sliding glass door(which led to a tiny balcony with a chair awkwardly crammed onto it) was filthy. A look behind the curtain revealed a huge gash in the wall and quite a lot of mildew on the carpet. There was a stain going down the wall on the other side of the bedroom that looked like it was the result of a leak. The phone in our bedroom did not work, and the alarm clock went off at midnight our first night there.

Customer service was a bit lacking. We were never given enough towels, and I had to stand in line at front desk to request more. One time the lady at the front desk went and got some towels and gave them to me, but the next time she said she would have them sent up. They never arrived. After an hour I gave up and went to bed. Our bill was wrong, but they did correct it with minimal hassle. When I needed to wash laundry, I had to ask three employees before I found one who knew for sure where I could find the washer and dryer(5th and 7th floor).

Even with these issues, it's not a bad value. We used our points for this stay, and it was nice to have the extra space of the suite for only 4,000 pts per night. With a little more attention to detail, and a good cleaning or renovation, this place could be really nice.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms that face the train track
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Sheraton_SuitesCC, Manager at Sheraton Suites Cypress Creek Ft. Lauderdale, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

We appreciate you taking the time to comment on your stay with us, and apologize for the inconveniences. We take these remarks very seriously and are currently investigating how we may better address these issues.

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Suites Cypress Creek Ft. Lauderdale

Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

4 night stay. The restaurant staff was very nice (I didn't eat based in reviews, just had coffee). The beds are amazing and the bathrooms look nice. But that's about it. It extremely dirty, not only stains on the carpet, but plain dirty everywhere. You can find wrappers and even q tips lying around. The laundry area is hideous and the carpet in the room feels sticky when walking barefoot... Extremely poor maintained, doors and walls need paint. I certainly didn't expect this from a Starwood location.

Stayed: December 2013

We appreciate your feedback, and hope you do give us the chance to make it right. We are undergoing the process of refurbishing the hotel at this moment, which is being carried out in stages to cause minimum disruption to our guests. Once this refurbishment is completed I am certain it will make a noticeable improvement to the appearance of the property.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

My family and I stayed here one night prior to departing on a Holiday cruise. The hotel appears to be an old Embassy Suites property with a big courtyard and rooms situated around that courtyard. This hotel is okay for a short stay. The workout room was temporarily located in a guest room and it was awful at the time of my stay. The complimentary breafast was just average but enough to fill our bellies until lunch. The room itself was clean and tidy, bathroom was dated and dark with bad lighting. I did appreciate having a refrigerator and microwave in the room. Also, it is only 12 miles from the airport but the cabbie charged us $50 which we found out was $20-$25 too much.

Room Tip: High floors are quiet but elevators are slow.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Sheraton_SuitesCC, Manager at Sheraton Suites Cypress Creek Ft. Lauderdale, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Please accept my apologies. I sincerely regret that you were not satisfied with our facilities. Please be aware we have made significant improvements to our property through our renovations. We appreciate your feedback, and hope you will give us another chance to better serve you in the future.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

Sheraton Suites Cypress Creek is a relic from the 70's. We were there for a family visit in December and we were all disappointed. It is a business hotel that has not been updated adequately in a long time. All of the previous reviews regarding stained carpet, torn curtains and shabby furniture are correct. The place really reminds me of a haunted house. It is over decorated with pillars, marble and paintings everywhere. The lighting throughout the building is too dark at night. The fixtures have had most of the bulbs removed and the results is gloomy halls and a dark lobby. Spooky. The rooms may be large but that doesn't compensate for the neglect. The fitness center is closed for renovations. The pool is grungy and there are no towels available unless you go to the front desk. Awkward in your bathing suit. The lobby restaurant is crazy expensive with slooooow service. Particularly troubling is the pitch dark parking lot. You would not want to walk alone from your car at night. It is downright scary. This hotel is not up to Sheraton standards. It is also too expensive for this location. We won't be back!

Room Tip: Get a room away from the train tracks and not under the flight path of the nearby airport.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank nys
Sheraton_SuitesCC, Manager at Sheraton Suites Cypress Creek Ft. Lauderdale, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your unfortunate experience with the Sheraton Suites. I am sorry to hear about your inconveniences, and I regret that you were not satisfied with the performance our facilities provided you with. I have scheduled a meeting with the Maintenance manager to further discuss your comments.

Reviewed 20 December 2013 via mobile

This hotel just off I-95 is centrally located in Ft Lauderdale, but an auto is needed to enjoy the beaches and such. There is however a shopping complex that is walking distance which has a large Regal multiplex cinema.
The all-suite rooms (big enough for a family of 4, with 2 TVs) are stylishly decorated, although upkeep could be better. The AARP rate I had was superb though.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for your comment, I am happy to see you had an enjoyable stay.

Reviewed 18 December 2013

I really have no complaints about this hotel. I stayed here one night (November 29th) with a group who booked the whole hotel out for us. The hotel is beautiful inside. I loved sitting in the courtyard area. My only issue was, when i went to pull my sheets back on the bed, there was a questionable reddish brown stain, so i ended up sleeping on top of the sheets. But the bed was super comfortable and my room was quiet. I do not know about the food here. I ate at a diner on the corner. Also, I walked around the corner to a shopping center and got my nails done and saw a movie. I would stay here again if i had the chance.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for your comment, I am happy to see you had an enjoyable stay.

Reviewed 16 December 2013

I stayed at this property years ago (around 2000) and had issues then. They had a bug problem and were generally sloppy. I stopped staying there and moved to the Westin, which is close. I decided to give them another try after reading reviews on TripAdvisor and because the room rate was good. They have upgraded their rooms - which are nice. The common areas still have an old Pink Flamingo/Florida style theme - not sure if they are planning to udpate it but they are adding a Club Lounge and expanding their fitness center. Parking was free, which is a huge plus in South Florida! Location is good - restaurants etc nearby and right off 95 - with easy access to beaches, the rest of Broward, West Palm and Miami. Overall a good value and comfortable stay for a good price.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Thomas Z

Thank you for your comment, I am happy to see you had a nice stay. We are currently undergoing the renovation of our property along with updating our rooms, we hope you visit us again soon so you can see all the great improvements we have made throughout our property.