Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale at Cypress Creek
Ranked #48 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I have stayed in many hotels in my life. But I have never stayed in a hotel with roaches crawling every where til I stayed here. I called the front desk and told him he was very apologetic. He came up to my room and I pointed them out to him. He saw what I saw and I got moved to a different room. Renovations or not there should not be roaches crawling.

• Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank 8buddy
Write a ReviewReviews (1,102)

Reviewed 30 March 2014

We stayed at the Sheraton Suites Cypress Creek for two nights on the first leg of our Caribbean trip. It was conveniently located for exploring the region. The rooms were spacious and freshly updated. The pool area and gym were very nice. The top floors are quiet though I didn't like the hallways. They were dimly lit with an old metal railing separating you from a long drop down to the open lobby/restaurant area. If you don't like heights, this can be bothersome. Overall it was a good value for the area.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Sheraton_SuitesCC, Manager at Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale at Cypress Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay, we are glad you enjoyed our pool and newly renovated gym. We Hope to have you stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

This hotel is undergoing renovations, but that is not the issue here. I have no complaints about the work going on outside the hotel and in the lobby. I am not one to complain and am not demanding, but my experience at this hotel is one of my worst ever.
When I got to my room after check-in, I wanted to take a shower only to find there was no shower curtain. I picked up the phone to call the front desk, but there was no dial tone. I followed the cord and discovered it was unplugged. I plugged in and called. I also found the radio\alarm clock was also unplugged. While waiting for them to bring the shower curtain, I opened the soap to wash my hand and discovered there was no trash cans in the room. Once I got the shower curtain and trash can, I took a shower. The tub had an area that was rusted thru and the drain was slow. There was three inches of water in the tub when I got out of the shower. The bathroom was dark; i noticed that two of the three light bulbs were burnt out. I also had trouble closing the bathroom door because the striker was only held on with one screw and the bottom part was loose and flopping around.
There were exposed wires near the ceiling for the light over the table in the kitchen area. There was no hotel information in the room (pool, Gym, restaurant hours, ice machine locations). I stopped at the front desk to tell them about these problems and told them the room appears to not have been readied for guests. They apologized and said i could find hotel info on one of the TV channels.
The hallways near the back stairwells are used for storage: lamps, chairs, mattresses, dirty dishes. There was a pile of dirty dishes in the hall that i saw untouched for at least two days.
I went to the pool a couple times only to find there were no pool towels. I ended up walking around the hotel and found a cart they use when cleaning the rooms and took a couple towels off that.
There was a coffee maker in the room, but when I went to use it there were no cups. I went and found cups (on one of the carts in the hallway). I then proceeded to try and make coffee, but the coffee spewed out all over the place. It seems there was a part missing where the coffee is supposed to drip from.
I booked this hotel for four nights via Hotwire so everything was pre-paid before I arrived. If this had not been pre-paid I would have walked out after seeing my room and the condition of the hotel.
If you need a room in this area, use the Westin or Hampton which are both within a minute or two of the Sheraton.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Russ C
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We were here one night before a early morning flight. It was easy to find the hotel and check in was fast. The room layout was nice, with the separate living room since there were 3 of us staying. The carpet outside our bathroom was soaking wet like they just cleaned it, we threw a towel over it to keep from getting wet feet. Beds were comfy. The only bad think was the fact that the walls/ceilings are really thin. It sounded like a herd of elephants above us all night. Don't know if it was kids or spring breakers but it was literally all night long in both the living and bedrooms. We'd stay here again, but we'd make sure we were on the top floor.

Room Tip: Choose the top floor so no loud travelers above you!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your comment, we apologize for the wet carpet near the bathroom. I am happy you liked how easy our property was to located and am glad you enjoyed our new sweet sleeper beds. I hope you return to our property soon, and we will gladly place you on a higher floor if requested.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

As mentioned by other reviewers, the hotel is under renovation. It's near the train tracks, so you will hear trains passing by. We stayed there for one night before going on a cruise.
The service was great. We arrived late, and the lady at the reception was able to put all of us (3 rooms) on the same floor. Our rooms were very big. It had a kitchenette and a living room. Rooms were clean. I think some might still require additional reno.
However, location was great. It's close to Walmart, and Target, which was quite convenient for us to buy supplies prior to the cruise.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the train tracks and front. They will get noisy.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your comment, we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

SPG Gold Member.

Booked two nights with SPG points, in town for a business conference.

On first sight, the hotel looks nice. Very easy access right off the main road. The parking is a bit tight, but there are plenty of spots. There were some people hanging out around the back of the hotel very late at night which could cause some concern (past midnight - smoking, loitering, etc) who clearly were not guests, but the area is well lit.

Lobby is under renovation but it doesn't affect you one bit. The rest of the hotel seems to be done with renovations for the most part. The interior of the hotel has a similar layout/design as the Hyatt Regency Greenwich (water and trees throughout, with plenty of sitting areas).

The elevators take a while but you can see where they are since they are glass, so that's a plus.

Rooms are great. Had absolutely no complaints and it was probably one of the better rooms I've stayed in recently. I think housekeeping might be understaffed because my room was not made even by 3-4 pm. I had declined when they showed up since I was only there 2 nights.

The customer service/front desk (who was now relocated to the Salon IV) was great. Very friendly and accommodating with requests.

This hotel won't stay at this rate, or this Category for much longer. The renovation and probably the rough economy caused some inconvenience in the past but its very obvious that the hotel is not the same as the reviews had previously mentioned.

Note: I was staying on the 7th floor (out of 8) and my room was silent. No noise coming from the balcony side which overlooked the pool or from the interior of the hotel.

Room Tip: 7th or 8th floor seems like the best bet.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your comment. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

The SHERATON SUITES AT CYPRESSS CREEK FORT LAUDERDALE, FLORIDA, is undergoing renovations, to look more beautiful. In spite of the renovations, their "SERVICE" was never under renovations !! The Staff, their front office Manager, and their "Vip- Ambassador". Supervisor, all, always willing to help/address any hiccups during your stay and to find solutions to your satisfaction, all this in the midst of the renovations. Imagine in good times, after the renovations is complete..
They have a nice Bar, a beautiful "Eating-place" like an open air place. A swimming pool, and
a Gymnasium to help, keep your calories in check!!

I would call it a courtesy-offer, the "Wi-Fi" is also provided. All said and done you would not regret your stay at "The Sheraton Suite at Cypress creek" Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.

Room Tip: The eighth and the seventh floor rooms appeared larger and quitter, but this is during the renovat...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Agnel S

Thank you for your comment, we are happy you enjoyed your stay with us.