“Restaurant Service”

Fort Lauderdale Marriott North
Ranked #25 of 131 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 27 October 2012

For the last 15 years I've been going to the Marriot Hotel for Breakfast and lunch with my wife and family. What I like the most about this particular restaurant is, the service that the staff provides, like Melania and Mookie, as soon as we walk into the restaurant. They make you feel like you are something special and they treat you always with a great smile. These ladies are trully very professional and there are always available to help you. They are super "Great" and in my opinion they need to be acknoledge by management for the great service they both provide us. By the way the food is not bad either.

Respectfully yours Ed Lugo

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Stuart L, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2012

Thank you so much for your comments regarding our restaurant service. We are very lucky to have associates such as Melania and Mookie. They truly are the face of our hotel and I am so happy they take good care of you. See you in the restaurant again soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,531)

Reviewed 24 October 2012

The hotel staff was friendly from the time I checked in until the time I left.

While the hotel is older, the lobby was nicely refurbished, and is very light and open. The rooms have also been refurbished over the past few years, but you can tell that the rooms are older. There is an old air conditioning system (with no temperature displayed on the thermostat), and there are connecting doors between the rooms, so I could hear the TV in the room next door.

There is a very nice, large concierge lounge, as well as very nice and large fitness center.

Overall, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevators and the ice machine.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding our friendly staff..I do believe we have THE Best team in Florida and I am happy they took good care of you..See you again soon!

Reviewed 16 October 2012

I was recently at a business lunch meeting at Marriotts restaurant. I was having one of those days that are so common nowadays and then I had the absolute pleasure of having Melania, a waitress there, change my attitude. She was all smiles, even saw past my grumpiness. Melania was so motivational and a pleasure to speak to. I have to say, I seldom write reviews of positive experiences, usually complaining of some sort of dealing. Well, I have to say, hats off to Melania for her service, motivation and encouragement. Thank you.

1  Thank Catcherbu14
Stuart L, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2012

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding Melania. We are very lucky to have her as she goes out of her way for all of our guests. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 14 October 2012

I travel and stay at many different venues on behalf of my job. I see many different locations, venues and people. I can say this hotel is at the top of my list. Once I walked in I was amazed at how clean, modern it was inside, and over all how amazing there staff was.They have gone up and beyond not only in appearance but in picking an amazing staff. Everyone was very kind, always smiling and extremely helpful. Star staff members to look out for come from Carla at the front desk and Melania "Guatemala" at the Restaurant. Melania completely flipped my day from having a horrible day to forgetting what I was even stressing over.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your kind review. I am thrilled that you found our hotel to be clean and modern. I am also happy to see that you found our staff to be top notch. Associates like Carla and Melania are hard to find and we are very lucky to have them. Thank you once again and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 12 October 2012

I travel basically for a living and see a lot of different hotels. This place differentiates itself from others by it's quality staff and enthusiasm. It never ceases to amaze me how happy everyone is. I would highly recommend.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

I am so happy to hear how our staff took good care of you. Our goal is to have the friendliest staff in south Florida. We hire not by experience, but by personality. We hand pick smiling, happy people and I am so happy you noticed. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 5 October 2012

What a lovely hotel and great staff. We stopped off here when we were touring on bikes and staff couldn't have been friendlier and were very interested in our bikes even advising the safest place to park them overnight. I was overheating when we arrived and I was offered water right away. The glass of wine with nibbles before dinner was a lovely touch and getting to speak to the sous chef was a great touch too. Dinner was very nice as was breakfast and the staff came out to wave us off. All goes to making you feel like they care. Wish more hotels were like this.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your kind words. I see that you were well taken care of by our staff . We strive to make your stay as comfortable as possible and I feel it should start when you first walk in the door. Our "wine welcome" is just the beginning and I am so happy that you connected with our team. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 24 September 2012

The hotel was very clean. Inside was shockingly nice. I was wowed when I entered. The staff was very courteous and friendly. We had a problem with our tv and a member of their maintenance was up to our room within minutes to fix it for us. Staff members were all over asking whether any assistance was needed or if they could help in any way. Our room was beautiful. The bed was extremely comfortable. Jacuzzi & pool area were very nice. As was the fitness area, top of the line fitness equipment. I would recommend this hotel and would absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Earnhardt3fan88

Thank you so much for your positive review. I am so happy to see that you found our hotel to be clean and beautiful. I am also thrilled that our staff took good care of you. I truly feel that we have the best staff in south Florida. We hope to see you again soon!