Fort Lauderdale Marriott North
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
View Hotel
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites(Fort Lauderdale)
Rodeway Inn(Fort Lauderdale)
  • Breakfast included
Wyndham Palm-Aire(Pompano Beach)
1,583 results
All reviewsthe concierge loungerestaurant supervisorfront deskbusiness hotelbusiness tripbreakfast buffetthe general managerhotel restaurantfitness centerpre cruisecruise portdanialobbyamaraftlauderdaletommy
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 October 2012

I went there some time ago with my wife and son. While I was in business conferences, they enjoyed pretty much the hotel infrastructure, including an wonderful pool and the convenient access to the beach. I would definitively come back.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Sergio D
Stuart L, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2012

Thank you so much for your comments regarding our wonderful pool and the easy access to the beach. I am so happy that you enjoyed our location and facilities and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 28 October 2012

I have stayed at this particular Marriott previously but it was a number of years ago. The lobby has been remodeled and it is clean and fairly bright. Front desk reception was efficient and quick. There is a restaurant that serves break fast and dinner. I am not sure about lunch.

My room was as reserved with a king bed and an updated pillow top mattress and linens and was very comfortable. There is an HD TV with user interface that allows connection of an HD device such as a PC or other HD video player along with audio and S video as well as VGA input from your PC. This seems to be a fairly frequent offering at regular Marriott hotels. You won't see this at the lower priced properties like a Fairfield. The room was clean and everything you should have in the room was there.

Wireless internet service was free. I use an iPad quite a bit and the wireless frequently requires you to repeatedly accept the terms and conditions of service when using this device. A tad annoying. Not so for the notebook PC.

This hotel, like many in the Ft. Lauderdale area is a choice for those taking cruises that kick off on a Sunday. So folks show up a Saturday throughout the day and the place gets quote busy at times. Breakfast was such an occasion as my Sunday morning was less than pleasurable. I was waiting in line to be seated and the restaurant was full up. The only place to sit was at the then closed bar. I was 15th in line and eventually was seated at the bar. The bar stools were not comfortable and I had to tag a server to get cream and sugar for the coffee. The buffet was so-so. Nothing really exceptional. In hindsight I should have had breakfast brought up, although based on the crowd, I may have waited quite a while for delivery.

There is a fitness center on the 4th floor where it has been for years. I was less than impressed with the bike equipment. One wasn't working properly and had a totally loose handlebar.display and the other two had jittery TV displays that were difficult to watch. The place looks pretty much like it did the last time I was there years back.

I can't really put my finger on it, but the place seems to be tired. like it really needs something new to make it jump. It's clean and fairly well maintained but something is missing, hence my review title. Okay, but nothing special.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for your review. I am so sorry that you came on a day when we were extremely busy. It is very rare that you are unable to get a table in our restaurant. We have a lounge nearby that we use as "overflow". We just started using that again so situations like your can be alleviated. Thanks for letting us know.

Our fitness center is state-of-the-art...We have many pieces of new equipment and we do have a monthly service contract on everything in there. We did have some issues that were corrected immediately. Again, your feedback helps and we appreciate your honest review. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 27 October 2012

For the last 15 years I've been going to the Marriot Hotel for Breakfast and lunch with my wife and family. What I like the most about this particular restaurant is, the service that the staff provides, like Melania and Mookie, as soon as we walk into the restaurant. They make you feel like you are something special and they treat you always with a great smile. These ladies are trully very professional and there are always available to help you. They are super "Great" and in my opinion they need to be acknoledge by management for the great service they both provide us. By the way the food is not bad either.

Respectfully yours Ed Lugo

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your comments regarding our restaurant service. We are very lucky to have associates such as Melania and Mookie. They truly are the face of our hotel and I am so happy they take good care of you. See you in the restaurant again soon!

Reviewed 24 October 2012

The hotel staff was friendly from the time I checked in until the time I left.

While the hotel is older, the lobby was nicely refurbished, and is very light and open. The rooms have also been refurbished over the past few years, but you can tell that the rooms are older. There is an old air conditioning system (with no temperature displayed on the thermostat), and there are connecting doors between the rooms, so I could hear the TV in the room next door.

There is a very nice, large concierge lounge, as well as very nice and large fitness center.

Overall, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevators and the ice machine.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding our friendly staff..I do believe we have THE Best team in Florida and I am happy they took good care of you..See you again soon!

Reviewed 16 October 2012

I was recently at a business lunch meeting at Marriotts restaurant. I was having one of those days that are so common nowadays and then I had the absolute pleasure of having Melania, a waitress there, change my attitude. She was all smiles, even saw past my grumpiness. Melania was so motivational and a pleasure to speak to. I have to say, I seldom write reviews of positive experiences, usually complaining of some sort of dealing. Well, I have to say, hats off to Melania for her service, motivation and encouragement. Thank you.

1  Thank Catcherbu14
Stuart L, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2012

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding Melania. We are very lucky to have her as she goes out of her way for all of our guests. Hope to see you again soon!