“Chief Concierge Jerry!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Sarasota, Florida
“Chief Concierge Jerry!”
Reviewed 19 June 2013

Outstanding service from Guest Services Supervisor, Jerry McKay. When I arrived for a business meeting, my car was over heating. Jerry called a repair shop close by, set up an appt for me, and then followed me over so I could drop off my car! When my car was ready...... yes, he drove me back over. I was a little stressed about my car, and this gentleman made my day. Above and beyond! All the staff were wonderful.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Stuart L, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this review, 26 June 2013
Wow, thank you so much for your kind words regarding Jerry. I am so happy to see that he took such good care of you when you had car problems. Jerry is quite an asset to our hotel and he has been here for over 25 years...Thank you for recognizing his drive to take care of our guests. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
Washington, DC
Reviewed 15 June 2013

I have stayed there three times in three months and have never gotten upgraded or any special treatment, which I usually do because of my Platinum Marriott Rewards status. The standard Marrriott bed is comfortable and no serious complaints, but rooms are small, lots of cement in the hotel and very little charm. The Cuban food in the hotel restaurant, however, is excellent!

1 Thank crsWashington_DC
Stuart L, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this review, 18 June 2013
Thank you so much for for your review and continued loyalty. I am so happy to see that you enjoyed our beds and the food in our restaurant. I do apologize for the lack of upgrades available. We do have a limited amount of suites and we just got out of our busy season. However, your Platinum status still gets you extra points and full concierge access with breakfast and appetizers.

Please do not hesitate to contact me before your next stay and I will make sure you receive one of our best rooms! Thanks again and see you soon!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 11 June 2013

We stayed here for a week. It's really nice. The staff was very friendly. The jacuzzi is to die for. Awesome part was that it was close to different restaurants and a movie theater. I would definetly stay here again on another visit.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank blendedbeautifully
Wow, thanks so much for your wonderful review. I am so happy to see that you found our staff to be "very friendly" and that you enjoyed our rooftop jacuzzi. I am also happy to see that you enjoyed the restaurants and movie theater which is directly across the street from us. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are down in Ft. lauderdale!
Staten Island, New York
Reviewed 10 June 2013

We checked into the Fort Lauderdale Marriot North and found the man at the front desk to be uniformed. We had to inform him of what we were entitled to with the package we booked.

Our first room had cleanliness issues. Long pieces of hair were found on the mattress and sheets. Our room was changed. The second room also had some smaller pieces of hair on the sheets and mattress. It seems like the staff does not change the mattress pad.

The rest of the room was ok. A few small stains in carpets and rugs, small bathroom area.

All of what came with our package could not be given to us so they cut our rate.

The next morning we went down to breakfast and found that despite the front desk's guarantee that our coupon worked for our whole family, it only worked for one. Luckily the breakfast manager took care of this. She also made up for our server's less than attentiveness.

The pool area could be very nice with some key renovations. The hot tub was broken. There were only 2 lounge chairs that were not broken. The rest were piled in the back. There is a great large deck but no chairs to enjoy it on. There were a few regular chairs, although not nearly enough and many had stained cushions.

The staff should also monitor the pool area better. Cigarette butts and other garbage were on the deck and easily blew into the pool.

Overall, it was ok for a night before heading out to the airport.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank CatsandShoes11
Thank you so much for your review. Although it seems that you experienced some issues, I am happy to see that they were taken care of.

I am also happy to see that you enjoyed the size of our pool. We had a large event in which many chairs were broken. However, I am happy to announce that we have ordered several dozen brand new chairs and they should arrive shortly.

Thanks again and we hope to see you next time you are in our area!
New York City, New York
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Excellent hotel like most of the Marriott but the water pressure in the Jacuzzi is worth a stay. Very friendly staff and excellent room service made my stay more like a vacation than business travel. I would highly recommend someone visiting South FL.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Stuart L, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this review, 2 June 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. I am so happy that you enjoyed our rooftop Jacuzzi. I am also thrilled to see that you found our staff to be "very friendly" and that your room service was "excellent". We hope to see you again soon!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 29 May 2013

I held a meeting at this property last week and the meeting space, food and beverage and guest rooms exceeded my expecations. What a great group of experienced staff who went out of their way to ensure that everything was perfect. If we find an opportunity to hold another meeting near the Ft. Lauderdale area, there will be only one property considered- The Ft. Lauderdale Marriott North.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Thank you so much for your kind words and I am so happy to see that your meeting was such a success. I am also thrilled to see that the meeting space, food and beverage and guest rooms exceeded your expectations. I truly believe we have the best team in south Florida and we look forward to hosting your next event!
pawtucket
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We just returned from a long weekend at the Marriott North, Ft. Lauderdale. I had read all of the great reviews on Tripadvisor and every single review was correct. The hotel was beautiful, the staff were awesome and the beds sooooooo comfortable.

The only downside was that the nature preserve was locked. However, the City controls the preserve so the hotel had no control over it.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
I wanted to thank you so much for your wonderful review. We appreciate your kind words regarding the staff and our comfortable beds. We enjoy hosting your group every year and we can't wait to do it again!