“Great choice in Fort Lauderdale...” 5 of 5 bubbles

Fort Lauderdale Marriott North
Ranked #17 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
New York
“Great choice in Fort Lauderdale...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013

This was my first time at this hotel, but it won't be my last. Stayed for a week, and was impressed each day with all aspects of the experience.

A slight mix-up with my room upon arrival was handled quickly and efficiently. Staff is uniformly pleasant and competent, and the general manager is accessible and involved in everything that's going on.

The breakfast buffet was great, and included nice (and rare) options like smoked salmon, capers and various deli meats, along with the usual eggs, omelettes, pancakes, etc. Great selection of fruits and cakes... and you can sit next to the huge windows that look out onto the nature preserve located around the hotel.

Needed some unexpected things from the hotel gift shop, which was well-stocked. Room was perfect, pool was really nice and clean, as was the health facility. (Big bowl of fresh fruit there was a plus).

Another really helpful feature of this place is the covered parking garage, so no matter when you're getting into your car, you know it hasn't been baking in the Florida sun. And the proximity to I-95 was another big reason I stayed here.

Really, there were no complaints of substance here (other than perhaps the background music being a bit too lively during breakfast!) The room cleaners showed up whenever it was convenient for me, and even the bellman who helped with the luggage was there in less than five minutes after I called the front desk.

Other than the lack of a beach view... which isn't exactly their fault!... this hotel is one great find.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Stuart L, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
Wow, thank you so much for your wonderful review. I am thrilled to see that your first visit to our hotel was so wonderful. I am also so happy to see that you enjoyed our wonderful sumptuous breakfast buffet. We do have a lot of items that most hotel buffets do not offer and I am happy that you noticed.

I am also happy to see that you enjoyed our other amenities such as our free parking garage, large fitness center, gift shop and our rooftop pool.

Thank you so much once again and we hope to see you soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013

This hotel looks newly refurbished and updated. For the price 110.00 per night the room was basic. no fridge or microwave. No continental breakfast and the buffet breakfast was 17.99 per person for what you could get anywhere. There is a coffee bar and a restaurant that is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner but you could get what they serve anywhere. There is a gift shop and a person to help you find nearby attractions and places to eat. Over all I would have stayed at a different hotel. I need a free breakfast because I travel with kids and a fridge helps to keep snacks cold. My father was a rewards member and he got free breakfast both nights.

Room Tip: Some rooms have balconies ask for one those rooms seem nicer.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank simcookie
Stuart L, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this review, 28 June 2013
Thank you so much for your review. I am so happy to see that you found our hotel to be "newly refurbished and updated".

I apologize that you did not have a refrigerator and microwave in you room, but we do offer both upon request at no charge. Also, Marriott full service hotels do not offer complimentary breakfast but as you stated, we do have a wonderful buffet that includes eggs, sausage, bacon, french toast, pastries, bagels, smoked salmon, etc for a very reasonable cost of $17.95. I am happy to see that you did enjoy complimentary breakfast with your fathers Marriott Rewards status.

Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon!
Seminole, Fl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

Stayed 3 nights while in town for the Florida Police and Fire Games. Excellent service! Everyone was friendly, check in was fast and easy. Pretty nice parking garage (free) and convenient to the interstate. Stayed on the 12 floor and had access to the concierge level. Small but acceptable options for breakfast, nice sandwiches, pasta, cheese near dinner time. The elevators were a little slow, but nothing that will prevent me from coming back! The remote for the TV wouldn't work, but they brought another up within 10 minutes. Couldn't ask for anything more! See you next year!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Stuart L, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this review, 24 June 2013
I am so happy to see that you enjoyed your 3-night stay at our property. I am also thrilled to see that our staff took such good care of you and that you enjoyed our concierge lounge. We look forward to seeing you at the event next year!
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2013

I organized a 4 day conference at this Hotel and from the moment I walked in the staff was extremely accommodating, making sure we had all we needed for the weekend. We had to make many adjustment to rooms the participants of our conference were staying in and they made sure everything we needed was taken care of immediately. It is the little things that can determine how good or bad an experience is with a hotel; literally every day I was greeted by the staff from many departments of the hotel, by my name, and with a smile. The facility itself has a beautiful layout and most of the rooms looked newly renovated. We had such a wonderful experience that we will be coming back next year to host our conference again. 5 stars and 2 thumbs up!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I am so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay during your 4-day conference. Thank you for the kind words regarding our staff and our facility. I do believe that we have the best team in south Florida and I am so happy you were well taken care of. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Montgomery, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2013

Marriott Really do Strive for excellence. Got in late On June 20, 2013, Great reception by the hotel , Noticed security was top-of-the-line. Cleanliness was excellent, Assistance with my luggage was wonderful thank you Marriott! Convenience was another factor, Close to the interstate but couldn't hear a sound outside my room. The room well appointed with all the amenities and they worked.
Check out was easy and smooth. I don't give,all hotels of A+ Or a 10. There are just too many luxuries amenities to list. You all have read my reports before and trust me, I guarantee you will not be disappointed in Marriott Fort Lauderdale North.

Room Tip: The 11th floor was very nice with a great view, I'm sure all rooms are satisfactoryc
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Wow, thank you so much for your kind words. I am so happy that you enjoyed our property and that you found the cleanliness and service to be top notch. I am also happy to see that our bellmen took care of you and that you felt safe with our onsite security. I am honored that you consider us to be one of you top 10 hotels and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2013

Outstanding service from Guest Services Supervisor, Jerry McKay. When I arrived for a business meeting, my car was over heating. Jerry called a repair shop close by, set up an appt for me, and then followed me over so I could drop off my car! When my car was ready...... yes, he drove me back over. I was a little stressed about my car, and this gentleman made my day. Above and beyond! All the staff were wonderful.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Stuart L, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this review, 26 June 2013
Wow, thank you so much for your kind words regarding Jerry. I am so happy to see that he took such good care of you when you had car problems. Jerry is quite an asset to our hotel and he has been here for over 25 years...Thank you for recognizing his drive to take care of our guests. We hope to see you again soon!
Washington, DC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2013

I have stayed there three times in three months and have never gotten upgraded or any special treatment, which I usually do because of my Platinum Marriott Rewards status. The standard Marrriott bed is comfortable and no serious complaints, but rooms are small, lots of cement in the hotel and very little charm. The Cuban food in the hotel restaurant, however, is excellent!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank crsWashington_DC
Stuart L, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this review, 18 June 2013
Thank you so much for for your review and continued loyalty. I am so happy to see that you enjoyed our beds and the food in our restaurant. I do apologize for the lack of upgrades available. We do have a limited amount of suites and we just got out of our busy season. However, your Platinum status still gets you extra points and full concierge access with breakfast and appetizers.

Please do not hesitate to contact me before your next stay and I will make sure you receive one of our best rooms! Thanks again and see you soon!