“Good, consistent quality”

Fort Lauderdale Marriott North
Ranked #24 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

This property is consistently good. Friendly check-in staff, nice Concierge Lounge, friendly housekeeping staff (it helps to know at least a little Spanish). I like staying here. Free covered parking is a plus in the South FL thunderstorms also.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Stuart L, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Good Afternoon and thank you so much for your kind words. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you found our staff to be friendly. I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed our 15th floor concierge lounge and that you found our free garage parking to be convenient. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 29 October 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights last week and were very pleased with almost all aspects of our visit. We were met by a very helpful staff, nicely updated rooms, easy access parking, and complimentary afternoon wine and snack in the lobby. The only negative was the pillows...very hard and uncomfortable. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Margaret D

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you found our staff to be "very helpful". I am also happy to hear that you found our rooms to be "nicely updated" and that you enjoyed our nightly wine reception. We do hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 26 October 2013

Good check in. Room on Concierge level was disappointing. Small room, no refrigerator, terrible cellular coverage unless you stand near window. Called to request a fridge which took too long. Employee put it on floor with electric cord across floor making it dangerous to get to bathroom. Room key did not work to enter concierge lounge. Pool was nice but whirlpool was cloudy and had chairs blown into it.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Stuart L, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Thank you so much for your review. I am happy to see that you had a good check-in and that you did get one of our complimentary refrigerators. I am sorry that it took a while to get it and I will look into it. I am also sorry that you did not like to size of your room. They are standard sized rooms with all the amenities you would expect from a Marriott. Maybe next time we can upgrade you to one of our suites.

I do not know what cell phone company you use but this is the first comment I received in regards to coverage. Again, I will look into this and we do hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 24 October 2013

I stayed overnight recently, via a "name your own price" bid on Priceline. I stayed in room 607. The reasons I wanted to love this place: Staff: incredibly friendly, across the board. Location: simple to find, right off I-95, very convenient location with restaurants/shopping within walking distance. Parking: free (as it should be, given that it is not beach-side or downtown, but that doesn't stop other similar locations from charging). Internet: free.

Why I couldn't love the stay? The room. The carpet has a "bubble", as if it were installed incorrectly. The pillows: easily the worst I have ever encountered in a Marriott. Flimsy, frustratingly uncomfortable....and I do not think this is a personal taste issue, as I routinely spend nights in hotels of all types and have never encountered this. The bed itself: ok, not great.

So, maybe this room awaits a makeover, or maybe it is simply an aberration. Overall, the hotel got all of the hard stuff done right, and just missed on the basic comfort piece.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank BiztravelguyBoston

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am so happy to hear that you found our staff to be "incredibly friendly" and that you found our hotel to be in a good location. I am also happy to hear that you took advantage of our complimentary garage parking.

I am sorry that there was a problem with the carpet and the pillows in your room, but I am glad that you found our beds to be comfortable. I will look into it and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 23 October 2013

Nice Hotel and friendly staff. Great location if you are taking a cruise out of the Port of Everglades or Port of Miami. We sailed out of the Port of Miami and it was about a 30 minute drive to the port. With all the hotels around the Fort Lauderdale and Miami area charging resort fee and parking this was the best choice for us, no resort fee, free parking and free Wi-Fi. Next time we sail out of either Port, I would definitely stay at this location again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank nycpr69

Thank you so much for your kind words. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the location of our property. I am also happy to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and took advantage of our complimentary garage parking and complimentary WiFi. We hope to see you again before your next cruise!

Reviewed 19 October 2013

Older Marriott property that has been renovated. Rooms upgraded nicely to newer Marriott hotel standards. Extremely friendly staff. Great breakfast in restaurant. Plenty of covered parking. Beach is a short 5 to 10 minute drive away. Many dining and entertainment options available in vicinity.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SKYNET333
Stuart L, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. I am thrilled to hear that you found our property to be like the newer Marriott's and that our staff was "extremely friendly". I am also happy that you enjoyed our wonderful breakfast buffet and our complimentary covered parking. I will make sure I share your kind words with my entire team and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 14 October 2013

First of all, the front desk was amazingly friendly and helpful which was a great start. Though I'm here on business I thought I was closer to the beach but it is only 10 minutes away. I asked for and got a balcony though not much to see. Overall though it was comfortable and ok for my business trip

Stayed: October 2013
Stuart L, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Thank you so much for your kind review. I am so happy to hear that you found our front desk staff to be "amazingly friendly". I truly believe we have the best staff in south Florida and I will make sure I share your kind words with everyone. We hope to see you again soon!