“Excellent in customer service!”

Fort Lauderdale Marriott North
Ranked #23 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This Marriott property went above and beyond to make guests feel welcomed. From the moment I walked in the door at check-in, I was promptly greeted, offered a bottle of water and a speedy check-in. Even though I checked in later in the evening, both the night manager and the concierge were friendly and eager to offer assistance and information, leading to a great overall experience at this property.

1  Thank tracylj01

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed here for a convention event this year and last. The hotel is nice enough with good rooms, comfy beds, and a nice pool/deck area. The food in the bistro is decent and the barbecue food served for a special party here was actually quite good.

My problem with my latest visit was with housekeeping. There were some days when my room wasn't attended to at all. No answer at the front desk and I had to ask the housekeeping ladies in the hall to make up the room. Not sure if they were understaffed or what. Other days housekeeping was knocking on my door at 830am despite having put the do not disturb sign on the door. Not cool.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Rich B, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

I apologize for the issues that you experienced during your stay at my hotel. I understand that you had many difficulties with our housekeeping service during your stay and I can assure you that I am very sorry for everything that occurred.

I can assure you that the incidents you experienced were isolated and that we typically do not have this many issues occur during one stay and I would hope we would not again in the future.

We truly appreciate your business and I hope you will consider staying with us again if the opportunity presents itself. If there is anything that I can ever do for you now, or in the future, please do not hesitate to call me.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

This was the second time that I had stayed at this property while on business. I would certainly recommend it without hesitation.

Check in was a breeze, and the staff was very friendly. I had forgotten shaving cream and when I went to the little convenience store on property I noticed that it was closed for several hours. The bellman was right there, and approached me asking if there was anything that I needed or that he could arrange for me. I mentioned the items and said that I would simply stop back later but he offered to arrange for whatever I needed to be picked up. When was the last time that happened?!

My room was spacious and acceptable. Most of the properties in this part of the world have a musty smell, and this property was mentioned by another recent traveler. However, I did not see that it was exceptional. Turning the air conditioner up a bit took care of it with ease. The room was clean and there were plenty of towels.

As far as the room goes, my only complaint would be the coffee. It is a single serve unit in which you slide the tray with prepackaged coffee. I would suggest that you skip it and head downstairs for a starbucks, or wait until you reach your destination. I always end up using the iron to freshen up shirts and this one was fine. It heated quickly provided just enough steam and was not caked with starch stains as many are.

We had dinner at the on site restaurant. The server was brazilian, as were some of the dishes. They were of adequate portion size and tasted fine. Nothing exceptional but certainly worth staying at the property for. The price was reasonable and despite small, the wine list was acceptable. Yes, I am one of "those" wine people!

Being a Gold Marriott member, I have access to the concierge lounge. We did not take advantage of it other than to snack. The "dinner" was club sandwiches and pasta. They had a large selection of fruit and cheese, and it was very nice. They had a decent selection of beer and wine if you were interested. Dessert was a single selection, this time red velvet cake (pass on it if it is there unless you are craving something a little sweet. It was nothing special nor worth the calories :-)

Parking was either surface outside or in the attached garage. I chose the garage and there were plenty of spaces. Check out was easy, and sliding into the garage and the car made things even easier - no heat or overt humidity to soil business attire.

The best thing about this property was that it was quiet. Bedding was very comfortable and sleep came easy. The room stayed dark and it was wonderful. This trip I did not use the pool or workout facility, but there were a number of guests who seemed to enjoy the pool and spa.

Not a J W Marriott, but soldly a Marriott property. If you can get it "cheap" it is a no-brainer.

Room Tip: I like high rooms. It takes you away from the lower level noise.
1  Thank MRMED8R
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I want to specially congratulate Terry Lynn on his outstanding service attitude. We hope to see more employees as committed and helpful as Terry. He looked everywhere for packages that had arrived but were lost and even called us to let us know they were already there.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank PPPaez
Reviewed 7 May 2014

The staff & service here was great. Professional & courteous, they all seemed to extend themselves above & beyond. In particular, Mr. Terry Lynn, stood out as being guest friendly & a great ambassador to your firm. In today's society, where one minute ago was yesterday's news & immediate gratification is the customer's sole expectation; this gentleman helped redefine hospitality. The room accommodations were clean & nice, the furniture was a little dated, but more than serviceable. I would stay at this facility again & further more, I would recommend it.

1  Thank CJ K
Reviewed 3 May 2014

This hotel is a bit out of the way, and appears to be frequented by cruise travelers prior to their departure from nearby ports, but it's a nice, average property with friendly staff.

The hotel is showing its age, as others here have said, but I never found common areas or my room to be dirty.

The air conditioner was fast and efficient and cooled my room down fine. The bed was very comfortable and provided a good nights' sleep. Water pressure and temperature in the bathroom were fine.

My room was missing its iron, but otherwise, was in decent shape.

I ate breakfast in the restaurant, using a voucher I was given due to my Marriott guest status. Breakfast buffet was very good and service was very friendly there too.

Overall, a nice stay.

1  Thank Michael_K_SNJ
Niel B, Director of Sales at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Thanks for taking time to write your review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your guest room accommodations, food and beverage service and your staff interactions were friendly. Your feedback will be share with our team.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Fort Lauderdale.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

This well run Marriott has a small pool and gym on the fourth floor which is plain, plain, plain, and small for a pool. The gym is bigger than the pool I think. It's out of the way and far from the beaches. I noticed at least 3 busloads of people coming in in the evening and then going out during the day. This happens every day. It appears they are going on a cruise leaving from Fort Lauderdale Port. It must be by a travel company. For them and businesses in the area, this is a standard, clean, not updated, but nice hotel. However, this is NOT for a vacation. I can not say anything bad about the hotel staff. In fact, Terry who handles the baggage and Debbie Friedman, not only do their job well, but are fun and are there to make your stay "better than ever".

Room Tip: Try to get a room looking out over the trees on a high floor. Watch out for "connecting" r...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank eccentricbob

Thank you for taking time to write your review. It is nice to hear that you found the hotel accommodations nice, clean and your staff interactions were friendly. Our hotel is conveniently located off I-95 with complimentary parking and access to various restaurants. Your feedback will be shared with our team to commend them.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Fort Lauderdale.