“Nice”

Fort Lauderdale Marriott North
Ranked #22 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We ended up staying on the 12th floor in a standard room with king bed. The room was clean and the small balcony was nice. We did not have a fridge in our room when we arrived, however the staff was quick to fix that. The bed was comfortable (most Marriott beds are). I cannot add much else, we basically either were in our room or out and about. Wifi is free, but neither of us could connect during our stay, and when we were able to - it was terrible service.
Do not expect to be close to the beach, that is a few miles away.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Rich B, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

I apologize for the issue that you experienced with your high-speed internet access at our hotel. I can assure you that we are continually working to be fair to all our guest regarding high-speed internet.

We truly appreciate your business and I hope you will consider using our hotel again in the future if the opportunity presents itself.

If there is anything that I can ever do for you now, or in the future, please do not hesitate to call me directly.

There are newer reviews for Fort Lauderdale Marriott North

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Stayed for one week while in town on business. Truly impressive service, from the dining room to the bar (thanks, Lisa!) to the front desk (congrats on the promotion Terrence!), the entire staff were courteous, friendly, and service-oriented. The rooms are typical Marriott fare but the service was more like the Ritz.

Room Tip: Be sure to get a room that doesn't face the freeway if noise bothers you.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Niel B, Director of Sales at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Thanks for taking time from your busy schedule to share your experience. It is valued and appreciated. It is nice to know that you enjoyed our room accommodations, restaurant and your staff interactions were friendly. I will share your comments with our team to commend them.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip!

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Visiting Ft Lauderdale for several weeks on business. After one night's stay it was an easy decision to use this hotel for my long term stay in the area. The rooms are very quiet and the beds are very comfortable. The staff is extremely friendly and professional, Some staff members that should be recognized for their outstanding work would be bell hops Terry and Tommy, front desk members Christina, Sied and Amy as well as Concierge Cecelia. You won't be disappointed if you choose to stay here!

Room Tip: Request a room on the opposite side of the hotel from Interstate 95 for an extra quiet experience.
1  Thank J J

Thanks so much for posting your review. It is valued and appreciated. It is nice to know that you enjoyed your room accommodations, location and your staff interactions were friendly and professional. I will share your comments with our team to commend them.

Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit!

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Ft Lauderdale North Marriott needs an update in the worst of ways. The food is the best thing about this place but even the food cannot make up for the need to update the rooms and the pool area. I have stayed many nights because of location but am thinking it is time to look for another property. The good news it is a Marriott so the service is great.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thanks for taking time to share your feedback. It is valued and appreciated. I am glad to know that you enjoyed our food and beverage while staying at with us. However, we are disappointed we did not meet your expectation in the room and pool areas. We will be looking into these areas for improvements.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip!

Reviewed 19 June 2014

I was truly impressed. Courteous people every where. Comfortable room, I fell asleep like a new born baby and was really anxious because I was having surgery two days later. It was very relaxing. Love it. Restaurant was great, room service awesome. There's also a movie theater across the street

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 16 June 2014

The front desk rep Dania, was extremely warm. Her smile and professionalism went above and beyond. I mentioned that the room clock needed updating, and she immediately took notes. The best front desk experience, I have ever encountered.

Thank you Dania!!! You deserve a raise!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Rich B, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

I apologize for the issues that you experienced during your stay at my hotel with your clock needing to be updated. Thank you so much for the kind comments regarding Dania. I will past along your comments to the team and Dania.

We truly appreciate your business and we look forward to the opportunity to have you as our guest in the future. If there is anything else that I can ever do for you now, or in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Recently had a business trip to Ft. Lauderdale and found the staff, room and especially the bed at this Marriott to be exactly what I would expect from a great hotel chain. One of the quietest hotel rooms I've had the pleasure of being in.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your kind comments regarding our hotel and team. We truly appreciate your business and we look forward to the opportunity to have you as our guest in the future.

If there is anything else that I can ever do for you now, or in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.