“First Dissapointing Marriott”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Tampa, Florida
“First Dissapointing Marriott”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I travel a lot for business and always choose Marriott because I know I can expect quality and service. I must say that this experience is by far the worst of any I've had at a Marriott.

I received a dirty room, blood in the toilet - not a great way to start a stay. I request foam pillows due to a severe allergy to feathers. Since the kind young woman at the front desk changed my room, I had feather pillows again, two trips to the front desk, a strained conversation with the maid who refused to believe that the pillows or comforter were feather filled left me finally with two foam pillows, they wouldn't remove the fether comforter, so I did.

Overall, the hotel is poor, in the middle of some much needed renovating. The buttons for the elvator are old and broken, paint is worn and dirty, the parking garage was strewn with trash and the elevator smelled or urine. The safe for valuables is not attached to the floor or wall and is easily moved, or removed, not secure at all.

It was clear that housekeeping at this hotel does not follow the same attention to detail that other Marriots do.

The lobby is very nice.

I will reconsider choosing Marriott for myself and my team as I travell for the remainder of the year.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
6 Thank RHA58
Niel B, Director of Sales at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Thanks for taking time to post your review. Taking time from your busy schedule to share your experience is valued and appreciated. It is nice to know that you enjoyed our lobby and selected our hotel. However, the housekeeping issue you experienced is regrettable and for this I apologize.

Please let me know when you are returning, I would love to personally oversee your stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
Reviewed 13 July 2014

TERRY the bell clerk/concierge is awesome!!! Excellent hospitality and attention to detail. Due to an auto accident on July 4th, I've been forced to stay in Florida for over a week. Terry's positive attitude and genuine personality has made this trip fun and relaxing

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank paulbkim85
Thanks for taking time to write your review. I am glad to know that your interactions with our staff, especially Terry was enjoyable and helped you to relax during this situation.

I will share your feedback with our staff to commend them. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip.
Brasov, Romania
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

I see from other people's reviews that a lot complained about musty smell. The same happened to us on our stay - room smelled musty, but explainable, since the floor in front of the window was soaking wet. The breakfast is rather a joke, and they know it, as next to the "included" breakfast room they have another restaurant where you can eat better, but have to pay extra. I am happy, though, for not encountering any of the bugs described by others. Neither dead, nor alive.

• Stayed June 2014
6 Thank Ollantaytamb0
Rich B, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey. We are delighted that you choose the Fort Lauderdale Marriott North. I appreciate your pointing out the musty smell. Our hotel like most hotels in south Floridqa at times may have a musty smell. We have a company that has just completed cleaning our HVAC units which takes care of any musty smell. In regards to the second restaurant, we only have one restaurant for dinning with great food and very reasonable pricing. The next time you stay with us please ask for the GM and we would like to buy you dinner in our restaurant.

San Francisco, CA
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I flew in an out and only got to stay one night at this hotel but the staff there definitely understands the meaning of great service. From check-in to housekeeping to the catering staff, everyone I encountered was friendly and helpful. The rooms are large and well-appointed and the beds are awesome. Sadly I didn't get to explore the area at all but hope to have more time on my next trip.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank miwohl
Thank you for taking time from your busy schedule to share your experience. It is nice to know that your staff interactions were enjoyable. I will share your feedback with our team to commend them.

We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in town.
Hobe Sound, Florida
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We had a good experience with the Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, the room was clean and comfortable. We were there on the 4th of July and the view from the 16th floor to the ocean was spectacular, we watched about 25 different fire works show. Breakfast was good and the dinner area was roomy. They also had fresh Florida orange juice. I will stay at this hotel the next time i am in Lauderdale.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Randy829
Thank you for taking time to write your review. I am happy to know that you enjoyed your room accommodations, breakfast in our restaurant and you were able to relax and enjoy the view of the fireworks. I will share your feedback with our team to commend them.

We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in town.
Fort lauderdale
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

We had a great experience at the marriott north hotel thanks to terry who was always available to take us around and rest of the staff who were pleasant and helpful. We found the hotel to be Clean and spacious rooms ! We will return to this hotel again!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Rosied505
Thanks for taking time to write your review. It is nice to know that you enjoyed your room accommodations and your staff interactions were friendly. Terry is one of our best, I will share your feedback with our team to commend them.

We look forward to welcoming you back!
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 5 July 2014

You cant beat being in the middle of no where. The pool on the fourth floor offers the quiet serenity that one can hope for when escaping from the city life. The staff is always willing to accomidate. Mookie and Timmy in the Blue Fire Grill (hotel bar and grill) make breakfast a pleasure. Their service is outstanding and they are willing to go to the ends to make the customer happy!

We will definately be back.

Room Tip: Try to find a rate that include breakfast - but please remember to tip the wait staff even if you us...