Fort Lauderdale Marriott North
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
View Hotel
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites(Fort Lauderdale)
Rodeway Inn(Fort Lauderdale)
  • Breakfast included
Wyndham Palm-Aire(Pompano Beach)
1,583 results
All reviewsthe concierge loungerestaurant supervisorfront deskbusiness hotelbusiness tripbreakfast buffetthe general managerhotel restaurantfitness centerpre cruisecruise portdanialobbyamaraftlauderdaletommy
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Great full service hotel. Friendly staff. Great atmosphere. The rooms are very comfortable and the pool/gym are top notch. Stayed there for business and they were very accommodating. The food at the bar is very good and the bar staff is very friendly.

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Michael T
Rick G, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Thank you for the kind comments. We do hope your travels bring you back to the South Florida very soon.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

First time at this hotel & it won't be our last. From the moment you step inside you feel comfortable & at ease (yet another shout-out to Terry). Front desk staff was amazing - friendly, courteous & helpful on all shifts. Both rooms were clean (couldn't get same floor but we knew that going in). Breakfast staff also very friendly & responsive (omelet station, breads, cereal, eggs, bacon, juice, coffee - what more do you people want for breakfast?).

Now listen up Marriott Corporation - this is a Category 5 hotel & it needs some TLC. The new lobby is lovely, but no one spends their money at a hotel to sit in the lobby. They want a comfortable, updated clean rooms with amenities & modern bathrooms. While we did not have any of the musty smell problems that others did, it's FLORIDA!!! Everything gets damp & musty over time (a very short time in fact) & hotels in these type of locations need to be updated (a/c units etc) more so than most.

Having said that, we have no hesitation on booking this hotel again in December.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank adpm57
Rick G, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Thank you for responding to your stay with us. We are in the planning stages for a renovation in 2015. I will be sure to pass along the comments to my staff. The really appreciate the input. Thank you again for the feedback.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I stayed at Marriott North for a little over a week due to business in June 2014 and I would come back merely for the staff! Everyone I met was extremely helpful, particularly Lindsey, one of the receptionists at the front! Furthermore, people like Terry, who I often found near the hotel entrance, would always greet me with a smile.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank thetraveldesigners

Thank you for your very kind comments. We do so very much appreciate the feedback. I will be certain to pass this along to my staff.

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

I like the Marriott chain, generally. I have stayed here before and knew the property could use some polish - but I'm done.

The humidity and smell if disinfectant is almost overpowering here anymore. When I got off the elevator on my floor I was hit was an additional smell - stale cigarettes and dirty water! It was bad enough that I had to ask if smoking was allowed in the hotel. Upon being notified they must have sent the cleaners up to spray odium as it did pretty much cease.

My room was OK, but the AC was set to 65 and it was freezing. A trick of hotels in south Florida is to put on the AC at high levels to pull out moisture. However, all it does is delay that stale, wet, moldy smell from hitting your nostrils. I reset the level to a modest 73 and that stink came back.

The bathroom was fine, save for the rust and similar dirt along the caulking at the floor/wall intersection by the doors. Towels and soap was all there, but it was just nothing.

Concierge lounge was OK, but taking a pass was probably warranted. Staff was a bit rough or brisk in their handling of customers. I guess I should not complain but then again, airplanes don't serve real food anymore either.

The one bright spit was the restaurant. Breakfast was decent and there were choices. Sure, the eggs did not appear to be "real", but everything was tasty.

All in all just an average property. Definitely nothing to go out of your way for and lots better choices exist.

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank MRMED8R
Rick G, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Thank you for responding to your stay with us. I do apologize for the challenges that you had in our hotel. We are in the process of cleaning out all of the AC coils to insure they are working properly to maintain a good environment. Thank you again for your feedback and if your travels bring you back to south Florida, I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

employee terry was an amazing host. He drove me and my 3 brothers to the store in the shuttle van and was very hospitable. Terry treated us with the utmost respect. He was very patient with us for we are out of towners and do not know the area well. He went over and beyond to make sure our needs were meet. And for that he has my utmost gratitude. If I'm ever in the Fort Lauderdale area again I'll definitely will staying at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North. Thanks for the outstanding display of hospitality Terry!!

Mr. Williams

• Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank Draga88
Rick G, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thank you for the terrific feedback on Terry. He is one of our finest associates. He is helpful and genuine to all guests and fellow associates.
Thank you again for the feedback.