“Really stepping up their game”

Fort Lauderdale Marriott North
Ranked #22 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I have stayed at this hotel for years. The staff has been ramped up and everyone is super nice and professional. The breakfast was off the charts great and Melania and Jim made every morning special with GREAT service. The value I received was more than I paid for. I have already schedule my next week stay and will continue to use this hotel as my "base" when in Fort Lauderdale. It has a perfect gym and swimming pool. The locations is hard to find but it is secluded and quiet. I will start using this for my evening meet and great so that guests can drink, eat, relax and not have to drive home. I am on the road over 200+ nights a year and I try to stay at the same hotels that provide great service with my loyalty. Thanks to everyone

Room Tip: get a room up near the 17th floor facing east. You get a sunrise without having to drive to the beac...
3  Thank Robert D
Jim B, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

It was so nice to read your great review of our hotel. We are so pleased that our hotel exceeded your expectations for your travel to Ft Lauderdale and truly appreciate all the positive details about our hotel that you have shared in your posting & especially the personal recognitions of Melania and Tim in Blue Fire Grille. Our entire hotel service staff thrives on hearing feedback about our guest's experiences while staying with us and I will share this with everyone! So glad that we are now your "go to" hotel in Ft Lauderdale. We truly look forward to having you back soon!

There are newer reviews for Fort Lauderdale Marriott North

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Stayed at you hotel and Debbie's service was outstanding. Her humor was just amazing, She made my stay very enjoyable. I am looking forward to going back to this hotel in the future. Parking was free which was very nice.

3  Thank 937Michele

Thank you so very much for your wonderful trip experience review.We truly enjoy hearing feedback from our guests and sincerely appreciate the glowing service staff remarks, especially personal recognition of Debbie, that you have provided. I will share these with our whole staff and truly appreciate the recognition. We look forward to having you here again very soon!

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Love the overall service and concern that the staff overall. From arrival to going to my room, the service was excellent. i would return to this hotel again. i highly recommend this place for anyone visiting FL.

4  Thank Nelson O
Jim B, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2014

Thank you so much for taking time to write your delightful review about your recent stay with us. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your room accommodations, breakfast in our restaurant and you were able to relax and enjoy yourself while with us. Appreciate the personal recognition of Desi in Blue Fire Grill. Desi will be recognized by us for this. I will share your feedback with our team to commend them. We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in town.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Hi the hotel is normal nothing special except the services that Dania on From desk and Melania on Dinner room give to guess. you really feel like on home always whit a smile and thinking on your confort TKS to them this hotel become on a Excelent experienc

3  Thank Carlos C
Jim B, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Thank you so very much from all of us here at the Marriott Ft Lauderdale North for your glowing review. We were so pleased to see your delightful feedback and hearing that our team delivered exceptional service. We truly thrive on hearing how we are doing in the eyes of our customers because our guest service teams are passionate when it comes to taking care of our guests and providing memorable experiences. It's a treat for the associates who you called out by name (Dania and Melania) on their service delivery and I'll personally be recognizing each of them. Again, thanks for taking the time post a review and for recommending us. We do hope you will visit our hotel again soon and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I just completed a weekend stay at this property and I must say that it was a very good stay. From check in to check out.
Finding the hotel was very easy as it was visible from the highway. There are many restaurants, shopping and even a movie theater around the hotel.
Checking in was very easy. The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. Parking was also free.
I was somewhat disappointed that the concierge lounge was closed on the weekends. The food in the hotel restaurant was just ok.. Apart form that I really enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank yardie8860
Jim B, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

We appreciate the nice trip report you have shared about your recent stay with us at Marriott Ft Lauderdale North. So glad that our guest service staff, our great location and overall hotel facility provided a pleasant experience for you. Our proximity to many of Ft Lauderdale's offerings is certainly one of our popular elements about our hotel. Our entire hotel service team enjoys seeing reviews like yours and I will share your comments with our entire staff. We hope to have you as our guest again soon.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Arrived here on our first night in the US weary and tired. Received a very nice welcome and had dinner in the hotel restaurant. Food was good and was served by a very helpful and courteous young man.
Our room was clean and spacious. We were very pleased with our three night stay here and returned on the last night of our vacation as we were flying from Fort Lauderdale airport.
On the final night we booked a room including breakfast. There were 3 in our party and we did not realise that the breakfast deal only included 2 breakfasts. However the lady on reception kindly gave us vouchers for 3 breakfasts. I am not sure if this information was on the website I used to book the room. It certainly was not obvious to me.
Breakfast was very very good. There was a wide selection of well prepared food and a lady who would cook fried eggs or omelettes if requested.

There is a simple, basic pool on the 4th floor with no frills but welcome after a hot day nonetheless.

My only slight reservation is that the hotel was further from the centre of Fort Lauderdale than I had expected. That said we had a car but I don't think you could stay here without your own transport. The neighbourhood is quiet and deserted at night.

All in all we were happy with our stay here and would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Welltravelled88
Jim B, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

We greatly appreciate that you took the time to share your great experience with us and we are pleased we were a comfortable oasis for you after traveling. Thank you for the wonderful comments about our great guest service team members, our restaurant and the high quality of your food and beverage experience.We are also delighted that your experience exceeded your expectations. I will be sharing this review with all of the staff here at Marriott Ft Lauderdale North. Hope to have you with us again one day and thank you for your loyal support of our hotel.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

We requested an early check in and staff was very accommodating. Parking is very easy in the attached parking garage...nice to have garage parking to keep your car cool. The hotel lobby is very attractive. Our room was clean, cool and had a refrig. We like a refrig to keep our water cold. Will revisit when in the area.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank ken344
Jim B, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Thank you so much for the delightful review about your recent stay with us at Marriott Ft Lauderdale North. We are delighted our staff and hotel facility provided a memorable guest experience for you and we appreciate the positive comments. Our entire hotel service team enjoys seeing these type of reviews and I've shared your comments with our whole staff. We hope to have you as a return guest soon.