“Best Courtyard I've stayed at.”

Courtyard Fort Lauderdale North/Cypress Creek
Ranked #42 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Virginia Beach
“Best Courtyard I've stayed at.”
Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night to be close to the airport (which was about 5-7 minutes away). The room was really nicely decorated and the beds and pillows comfy. Only complaint would be the ac unit came on and off loudly but not loud enough that you couldn't sleep through it. Lobby had a little bistro and premade sandwiches and snacks. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013
Mark G, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale North/Cypress Creek, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Thank you Jennifer M for the recent review and for the kind words. It means a lot to us that a seasoned traveler such as yourself would take the time to review us and mention us in such a positive fashion. We apologize that the AC unit disrupted your sleep and rest assured, we are addressing some of our older units and will hopefully have all new ones in every room by early 2014. I thank you again for your loyalty and your time and hopefully we will have you back with us sooner than later.

Mark George

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Paper thin walls, loud doors that slam, gaps in door frame so that hall light shines through at night,
LED lights everywhere in room, dust on furniture, LOUD a/c unit that is very cold no matter what setting you choose, squeaky beds with thin comforters, worn dented and nicked furniture, cheap iron and ironing board, translucent towels, dirty curtains, constant noise from above. DO NOT stay here if you have any other choice, just awful.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank overdoityks
Mark G, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale North/Cypress Creek, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
Thank you for your recent review. I have attempted to reach out to you privately using your TA profile but it appears those attempts were unsuccessful. I would very much like to speak to you personally about your experience, as you can imagine your review caught us by surprise. If you would, please contact me via email mgeorge@ih-corp,com or directly @ (954)772-7770 so that I may gain as much information as possible, i.e. room number, etc. Feedback is critical to the success of our business and I will make every effort to ensure things are corrected for you and future guests alike. I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Reviewed 25 September 2013 via mobile

Upon checking in I was impressed with the friendliness of the staff and the decor of the lobby. Once in my room I liked the spaciousness. Until I saw the COCKROACH.. As big as my thumb running across the floor.. Where there is one COCKROACH... There is many.. Find another hotel.. Unless you enjoy sleeping with COCKROACHRS

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Chiefmomm
Thank you for your recent review. I would like to apologize on behalf of all us here at The Courtyard for the incident that occurred. As you can imagine, we were quite surprised by the details of your experience, and rest assured, we continue to take every action necessary to ensure this remains an isolated incident. Being located in South Florida, we must remain hyper-vigilant with regards to our pest control and treatment. Upon receiving this review we mobilized our entire team and pest control company to inspect every vacant room and possible entry into the building from the doors down to the AC units. Fortunately, we found no further signs of unwanted occupants and will continue our treatment and prevention plan as scheduled so that future guests don't experience a similar incident. Once again, I am very sorry and I hope that the next time your travels bring you to this area, you will once again consider us. Please contact me directly should you have anything further.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

If your business is around the Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport (FLX), this is the hotel to stay. Nice spacious rooms. Big comfortable bathrooms. Nice gym and pool. Very friendly staff all around. Not good for TV viewers, though. Cable channel selection could be improved. No good shopping close by whatsoever. Small laundry area. Room amenities include a small fridge, coffe maker and MW oven. Food is OK.

Room Tip: Quiet rooms all around.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Tony M
Mark G, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale North/Cypress Creek, responded to this review, 17 September 2013
Thank you Tony M for taking time to post your recent review, it is feedback like this that only helps us improve. I was glad to see that you had so many positive things to point out regarding your stay and we appreciate you mentioning the issues with the TV channels. I believe we have fixed the issue and my hope is that we will once again be fortunate enough to have you as our guest. Thanks again!

Batimore
Reviewed 2 September 2013

For the past 10+years, I have stayed at this hotel a least twice a year. I was impressed the first time I stayed and never bothered to look else where. I am always impressed that no matter how far between my visits are, the staff will greet me by name. It blows my mind. Within the past year, they have done amazing renovations to improve this hotel. I will continue to make this my home away from home.

Room Tip: All of the rooms that I have stayed in have been very comfortable and clean. I have no complaints.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank sexy67
Thank you for visiting our Trip Advisor page and posting a wonderful review. I am honored that you think so highly of our hotel and staff that you only choose to stay with us when in town. Although I am proud of the renovations, I am most proud of the people that we have working here for us and we strive each day to make an impression on at least one guest. I am glad to see that is working. We hope to see you back soon. Thanks again!

Key Largo
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We have stayed here three times in two months, First I have to say that the staff the maid service the grounds and lobby are all perfect ,the rooms are very clean and smell great!!! The hallways are very clean also, Another nice touch is the Starbucks great staff there as well, We come to the area two times a month and would love to stay here everytime if it wasn't for one HUGE issue, The BEDS we have had three different rooms on separate stays,The first room had a old mattress that was tearing apart at the seams not kidding springs sticking out just a really worn out bed room number 115 told the manager and he offered a free night stay in another room the bed was perfect,it was a altogether different mattress newer very nice I won't say the room number because that is the only room I would stay in. So we go back in a week and ask for the good bed room its unavalible so we get another room same lousy cheap mattress same make same brown color same hard springs terrible its late and just tough it out. So if somebody could give me the room numbers with good newer beds I would make this our hotel thanks

Room Tip: If you get the right bed its a perfect place
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lee S
Thank you Lee S for your recent review, it was great to see so many wonderful comments regarding our wonderful staff and all of the exciting amenities we offer. In regards to the bed situation, we will certainly be addressing this internally, but in the meantime I ask that you contact me directly at mgeorge@ih-corp.com or (954) 772-7770 the next time your travel plans bring you to the hotel and I would be more than happy to assist you with the reservation and more importantly, the room blocking. Thanks again for the review and I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Orlando, FL
Reviewed 21 August 2013

I was thoroughly pleased with my stay here.

Upon my entry to the hotel, Ryan,the front desk associate, was most efficient and very hospitable. He made check-in a breeze and was very patient in answering my questions. When I'm on the road for a long time my irritability builds up, and the irritability gets worse when my service expectations are not met. Don't worry everyone, incompetent hotel staff is one thing NOT to worry about from here.

Once I entered my room, I immediately noticed that my specific room requests of a play pen and down pillows were received and definitely noted. It was pretty much quiet throughout the night until the planes took off in the morning. So, light sleepers, that's a small thing detail to consider. The pool area was clean with plenty of towels for guests. I stayed during a weekday so the little one enjoyed the pool all to herself. There's also a gazebo and small fire pit for those that are interested.

I think the only slight concerns I had were the following:
1) The odor on the 4th floor. I don't know what that smell is, but it's quite distracting.
2) The warning of nearby car break-ins on the key card paper holder. At first I was paranoid about leaving my car in the parking lot, but everything turned out okay. Just make sure you don't leave any valuables in the car.

I used my Marriott points to stay here and I'm glad I made that choice. The hotel had friendly staff that were helpful and well maintained amenities.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you swocit for the wonderful review and for taking the time to point out a number of the fantastic amenities and people we have here at the hotel. We will be addressing the concerns you mentioned in the review immediately and I hope that these didn't detract from your stay in the least. This feedback will only make us better and I will be sure to share these words with the staff as we try to improve our service each and every day. Thanks again and we hope to welcome you back soon.