“Reasonable Price & Nice Staff”

Courtyard Fort Lauderdale North/Cypress Creek
Ranked #42 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Clearwater, FL
“Reasonable Price & Nice Staff”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Marjorie checked us in very quickly & efficiently and made sure we got the room we wanted. The room was large and had a micro & fridge. The bed was comfortable and it was quiet except for the AC but it kept the room cool. Even though it's next to an airport we didn't hear any planes. There is a flat screen tv but the satellite went out so no tv for a bit. The bathroom had a lot of counter space but we were missing the hair dryer which we were told was in the closet but it wasn't there. Housekeeping brought one up right away. There is a coffee maker but they don't give you any tea bags unless you ask for them. They don't provide a free breakfast. The pool area is nice but no jacuzzi. It is in a secluded location so there isn't much of a view but it was great on the 4th of July as we were able to see many fireworks displays from our window. When we checked out at 6:30 am there was a guest at the front desk in his boxer shorts which was kind of weird! Not sure what that was about! The price was very reasonable and we were happy with the location, it's not too far from the Isle Of Capri Casino. If the price stays the same we will stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Josue E, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale North/Cypress Creek, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Thank you Cinipp for your recent review. I appreciate you taking the time to recognize our friendly staff and commenting on different aspects of your stay. I too would agree that we offer fair rates and deliver excellent services and amenities which provide for an overall great value to our guests.
We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon. Thanks again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Mumbai
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Ok place to stay in, clean but it is little inside… If you are travelling without a car not recommended as taxi is difficult to get and the shuttle service provided by the hotel is poor, it seems like they doing a favor on you… Staff not friendly at all...

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Thank you Vinod N for your feedback. Although I am happy to hear you were somewhat pleased with your stay, I am very concerned with the poor service you claim to have received. Excellent customer service is our top priority and I regret that we failed in this aspect when inquiring about the shuttle. Please trust that I will share your comments with our staff and I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon to provide you with excellent service, the Marriott way. Thanks again!
Dana point
Reviewed 28 June 2014

When we checked in the clerk was eating - the room has a exterior wall view : ( ugly custom? Paint! Gold & barn red! Cheap furniture - noisy wall AC too far from the airport (when I booked the Marriott clerk told me this was the closest to the airport - no shuttle to the airport- you can smell someone smoking through the walls & we hate smoking - the building is awful & the chipped paint here & there does not add- DO NOT STAY HERE unless you are on your last dime. This is a Marriott ? You could have fooled me

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Scrutin
Thank you Scrutin for your recent review. I regret to learn of the issues you experienced during your stay as this is certainly not the perception we want from our guests. I apologize that we did not meet your, or our own, expectations, but please rest assure that your feedback is taken seriously and we will resolve these service issues immediately. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my mom last year because it is convenient and they offer great rates ...I live locally but she does not and when she comes into town, I make sure that we stay at this hotel over any other....I have discounts at Ritz Carlton and I choose this one and the reason for that is the absolute attention to guest service that I experience at your lobby bar....alexis served us last time we were here, probably 6 months ago and the second I sat down tonight, she remembered me and asked me how I was, remembered what I enjoyed, where I worked and even where my mom was visiting from....I was already inpressed, but that put it over the top for me and my mom...absolute top notch service !! And I am way too picky as a restaurant manager/staff member over the years.....stay here !!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you Michelle 12722 for your review. I am pleased to learn your second visit to our hotel was just as good as the first. Our entire staff strives everyday to make a positive impact on every single guest's stay and one way we do this is by remembering faces and names. I will proudly share your feedback with our Bistro staff and I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon. Thank you!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Overall this is one of the best hotels I have stayed in so far. This hotel has a very convenient location, excellent lobby, the staff are very friendly and always willing to offer assistance if needed. The room is very clean, spacious and the beds are very comfortable. Great amenities including microwave, fridge, easily accessible outlets throughout the room, balcony overlooking beautiful trees; great bathroom that is spacious, modern, clean and functional. The only negative was that I had to leave. With that said, I highly recommend this hotel for both travel and leisure! Keep up the good work and see you again soon :-).

• Stayed May 2014
Mark G, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale North/Cypress Creek, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you Tshebrose5 for your recent review and the favorable comments regarding your stay here with us at The Courtyard Cypress Creek. I was thrilled to learn of your experience and I have already shared your review with the entire staff. We strive to make sure every guest has a favorbale stay and I am glad we were able to exceed all of your expectations. Hopefully we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel very soon. Thanks again!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Came here late at night. Even though this is one of the only hotels in the Margate area that is not in a scary area, they still strive to do a great job. It is right next to the executive airport but its quiet enough that you don't hear planes landing or taking off. The lobby is spacious and has a great selection of snacks as well. It can be difficult to find and seems like its in the middle of nowhere but if you are in the Margate area, this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: Bottom floors will probably be more quiet.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Mark G, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale North/Cypress Creek, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thank you MikeS for your recent review. As a Top Contributor, we find your words very meaningful and we are glad that you took the time to review this particular experience. The Cypress Creek area really is safe and as you know, we are tucked in among the business district and right across from Calvary Chapel. We hope that your travels bring you back this way soon so that we can once again provide you with the service you have come to know and trust from the Marriott brand. Thanks again!

Arlington
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This Courtyard hotel was very different from others I have seen. The entry area was spacious. There was a great restaurant which served all meals at reasonable prices. The shuttle bus was a great help. Rooms were clean and comfy, up to Marriott quality. I wish it had been closer to the airport and cruise terminal. The taxi rides were expensive.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Mark G, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale North/Cypress Creek, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thank you Kay M for your recent review. We are quite of the proud of the level of service we strive to deliver and I was pleased to learn that we succeeded in doing so on all levels. It appears that you took advantage of the many amenities we offer and we appreciate you taking the time to comment on them. We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon. Thanks again!