“Perfect one night stay!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Tamarac
Ranked #58 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 9 February 2014

We chose this hotel after a last minute flight change that warranted a one night stay. I was a little hesitant after reading so reviews but, the price was right so here we are. All 4 of us (adults) shared a double queen room and were pleasantly surprised! Average size room, very clean recently updated! Phew!!

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank cntrygurl625

Reviewed 1 February 2014

It has been my second time in this hotel and the overall experience is satisfactory. Compared with the last visit to this hotel and to the visits I have made during this trip to other LQ hotels and other hotels I feel the prices are a bit high.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank SBE73
Reviewed 20 January 2014

The air conditioner was not working. The carpet was stained and the room had a stench to it. The breakfast was a joke. I am disappointed I wasted our points on this hotel. The bathroom pocket door wouldn't close either.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 January 2014

this location was fine it's near IKEA and gas station walking distance. Friendly staff. Room was clean when I arrive. I think all hotels needs to renovate every three years. THey make sure the customers are checked in promptly.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I've used this hotel before and haven't had any major issues. I'm glad I'm a rewards member and was redeeming a free night. I was greeted by a rude girl named Lorena from there everything went downhill. Over a simple question. I asked if there were smoking rooms available and she said no. I was actually happy because I'm trying to quit so I agreed with a non smoking room. Then pops up this rude, condescending, inappropriate woman saying you'll be fined if you smoke and I explained that I agreed with a non smoking. I stay in hotels Her manager who was the rude one who popped up refused to give me her name and when I asked her employee Lorena what the managers name was she told me she wasn't telling me neither so apparently they're both trying to cover each others rude selves. La Quinta is also a Pet friendly hotel and I had my dog with me she weighs 50 pounds and I stayed with her and numerous pet friendly hotels and never had a problem I usually stay at the La Quintas and she proceeded to give me a hard time about that as well. Just totally horrible experience! The room was nice though

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Jrod954
A TripAdvisor Member
Bahamas
Reviewed 16 January 2014

My stay at this hotel is always a pleasure I fell safe, the rooms are always clean, the housekeepers and front desk clerks are nice and professional, they just got a new staff member at the front desk and upon arrival she notice we were about to celebrate birthdays on the same day which was two days away on that day we high fived each other and wished each other the best this made my day and besides my family that stayed with me this was the first happy birthday I got that started my day with a smile

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

The hotel is basic
It is in Tamrac and very near to various shops
There is a good Chinese restaurant within walking distance
There is a bus stop within one minute walking distance making it convenient to travel to Miami

• Stayed: January 2014