“I will not stay at another Travelodge ever!”

Travelodge Fort Lauderdale Beach
Ranked #112 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Reviewed 24 August 2013

This hotel was across from the beach, about 2 blocks. Right on A1A, awesome price for location and room. Basic room, basic free breakfast, hot waffles- yum. Free wifi. Plenty of parking. For $70 a night it's a deal- if you want fancy go to the $100 and over per night hotels.

• Stayed August 2013
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Reviewed 16 August 2013

This hotel (Motel) is in bad shape and needs to be refurbished. They make claims that there are across the street from the beach, which was correct, but what they don’t tell you is that in order to get on the beach, you have to walk over a mile in either direction to get access to the beach. The hotel itself was bad. First, they didn’t have enough parking for their guess, so if you don’t get back to the hotel early you’re out of LUCK. I requested a “NON-Smoking” room but I guess all the rooms around me were not because my room was filled with some much smoke I was choking every night. Also two of the days I stayed my room was never cleaned so I went to the front desk complained, they told me that since I was there for multiple days the room would not be cleaned every day (WHAT!!!). So I went out and brought my own cleaning supplies (cleaning on vacation). I guess they have permanent guess living there which were outside every night being loud, laughing and yelling all night into the morning. On their website it claims that no pets were aloud, but some tenants had cats and dogs. The pool area, let’s just say stay away from it. In closing, if you decide to stay, check your bill I had extra charges that were listed as free. In my honest opinion find somewhere else to stay, because this Hotel/Motel adventure you can do without.

Room Tip: Find another Hotel
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Fort Lauderdale hotels

Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Love being near the ocean. Very quiet and peaceful was the room for it to be
located where it is. No noise from traffic was ever heard. Price was sufficient for the quality of services offered at your hotel. Did have a moment where operation of the refrigerator was questionable. The cooling switch was on the exterior of the rear of the refrigerator. After adjusting the refrig controls which were on the outside and behind the coils, as a black knob, the refrig. became cool almost instantly. So Thanks for the great service.

Proverbs2and11ZLA

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 10 August 2013

This hotel felt like a prison. The rooms felt SO outdated. The beds felt SO uncomfortable. The pool looked disgusting. The hotel promised a view of the beach but there were hotels blocking it. It is WAY OVERPRICED!!!!!

Room Tip: Just avoid this hotel at all costs!
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 5 August 2013

For whatever reasons, I missed the reviews on this hotel and had the unfortunate experience of staying here for one night. Thank goodness it was just one night. The staff there was rude, especially the lady with black hair when we were checking out. They would find any reasons to charge you extras so beware!! The rooms were dirty, the bathroom light in our room did not work so the guy gave us two options. Both of the rooms were smaller than what we had paid for, one of them smelled of cigarettes even though the guy said it was a "non-smoking room." There is no exhaust fan in the bathroom. There are random doors in the wall that lead to who knows where. The pool is in such horrible condition. I can't believe that this hotel is still in business. The waffle maker at breakfast is so low-end that the batter stuck to it. Overall, just a really negative experience. The main thing that stuck out the most was the rude lady at the front desk. Even if the hotel was crappy, if the people were a little bit nicer, it would've been a little better. I can't believe they charged for $100 for a night for this place. Don't do this to yourself. Stay at a different place.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
West Palm Beach
Reviewed 3 August 2013

I stayed on a Thursday and Friday night, August 1 and 2, and found the value unbeatable. $122.00 for my entire stay (plus a couple of dollars more for the use of the safe in the room.) The room was huge and and I would even say luxurious. Very clean. Well air-conditioned. Massive king-size bed, comfortable. Well air-conditioned. Extra sink and vanity outside the very nice bathroom. As for parking, when the limited space in front gets taken up, there is plenty of additional space in the back. I checked with the night manager and he showed me the closed-circuit TV security monitors they have for the safety of the rear parking lot and the rest of the property. And the monitors were right there in front of him, where he was working. (Break-ins and other crime are always a concern of mine, wherever I go.) Right across the street (which you can walk across at a crosswalk with a signal) are a number of good, inexpensive eating establishments (I love the NY Deli) and a huge souvenir store which actually sells some things that are not too tacky or kitschy. A Bank of America ATM is right there too. The people working in the hotel and nearby are generally friendly - they know you're likely there on vacation and they want you to feel that way. The whole commercial area around there just has a warm, inviting, laid-back atmosphere, like the people realize how good they have it to live in a tropical paradise like Fort Lauderdale. (I live just up the road, in West Palm Beach.)

No review would be complete without pointing out the negatives: I saw the breakfast described somewhere as "deluxe continental" but I wouldn't go that far. I didn't care for the coffee, cereal, and cellophane-wrapped pastries (so I ran across the street to the NY Deli and Dunkin Donuts.)
There could be some noise from traffic on Ocean Drive but I blocked that by turning on the AC or the fan. Some guests made a little noise in the evenings but this quieted down after 9 or 10 o'clock (again, I turned on my AC or fan to cover it up.) My toilet tank took longer than usual to fill up but I checked it and it was just slow, not defective.

I have stayed at this Travelodge (and the nearby Sunrise Motel) numerous times when I've been in Lauderdale and I recommend it.

Room Tip: I guess I would recommend staying on the third floor to avoid noise from other guests arriving and l...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo