“Can't get much worse then this scum hole. Needs shut-down!”

Lauderdale By The Sea Resort
Ranked #97 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 28 September 2010

We stayed there from 9-24-10 till 9-26-10. Was supposed to stay till the 27th but left because they did not have internet like they said they did. The room was OK, had new furniture and a great view of the ocean but the TV only got a few channels. We also found pubic hairs on the towel. Water was rusty also.

The general manager answers all reviews on here with the same old B.S about how they are under new management and that they are fixing it up when they should just tear it down.

Of course when I got the package through Bookit.com, it showed it as being a nice place, no pictures of the outside though which looks like crap.

Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere, we went to the Best Western at Deerfield beach and got a nicer room.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Lauderdale By The Sea Resort

Reviewed 27 September 2010

Hello All,

When you see this many bad reviews for a hotel it means keep moving; this place is not for you. Something I wish I knew before. My close friend, her daughter, my husband, my son, and I all stayed at this hotel in August 2010. I saw the pics of the hotel online and as usual only the best angles were used. I will first say that the staff at the front desk was very helpful, the location was great, the pool was nice and we had AC. We are from NY and this was our first time in Fort lauderdale. We arrived at our hotel and at first glance everything seemed normal and typical in decor for a hotel. We had two rooms reserved for our stay; one room for each family. As we began the process of checking in we encountered our first issue when we were told that we were going to be on different floors even though the rooms were booked togther. The front desk did some changes and now were on the same floor but doors apart from each other. We were told that there was nothing else available; we sucked it up and said ok since it was late and we were tired. When we got to our room. The room was horrible. The room was stuffy, the bathroom was not clean, there was mold on the walls and even behind the bathroom towels. The coat racks/shelving and iron were rusty. The outside door frame to the room was rusted, The towels were a horrible quality and even the carpet was dirty. FILTHY FILTHY. The shower was filthy esp. in the corners of the tub, you could see that it was not cleaned properly or hadn't been cleaned at all. We went back down to the front desk and demanded a change. The front desk informed us that there was an error at check in and we were indeed suppose to be next door to the other people in my party. I feel bad for whoever stay there. We were told that we were being upgraded. The Upgrade was not much better. The room was dated, but at least there was no mold on the walls in the bathroom. The kitchenette had a bug on the mini fridge and the inside of the fridge was dirty. I am happy that I brought a canister of sanitizer wipes which I always do because it was certainly needed in both rooms. I had to use my wipes to clean everywhere that I thought we would be touching, tv buttons, handle doors etc. The TV remote control did not work, the telephone did not work, the ice machine on our floor did not work, one of the bed mattress kept sliding off the bed, the towels were thin and the carpet was not vacummed properly. Also, in our bathroom the faucet handles were missing. You either had to use a pliers or use your thumb to press against and push up a part of the metal pipe that was sticking up from the ball (doing this allowed the water to turn off and on). No children could do it and after awhile of doing this your finger would hurt. The wifi acccess was down and I had to go to the main lobby to use the staff's computer in order to get on the internet. The floors in the hallway of the hotel were painted concrete and the paint was chipping. The stairscase was the same. I even think the products that was placed in the bathrooms were being re-used, the packs of soap left in our bathroom looked like they had been around the block. The wrapper looked like it was wet and then dried and placed in our room since it was un-opened. The elevator was old and stuffy. In my friends room, her door leading to the outside balcony would not close properly and my front door also had problems w/ the chain on the door. This place needs a make-over bad. I hope someone could invest some time and money in this place and fix it up because the location was nice. If you plan on having a good nights rest then don't bother staying here. The fear alone would ruin your time. If you have the choice of sleeping in your car or this hotel I say sleep in the car. It's ashame becasue the staff was very helpful. Never EVER EVER Again.

• Stayed: August 2010
Reviewed 25 September 2010

So I decided to stay here while I was transitioning to the area. I was given a room right over the bar the constant music called for a ton of sleepless nights. The other thing it seems as though the maids don't get the essentials to clean like trash bags and cleaners so cleanliness is very questionable I ended up buying my own cleaner. Towels well if you need washcloths don't hold your breathe. There are also things like ants and lizzards in the rooms.Pros the hotel is a stones throw to the beach and also I very well located if you get a really good rate then you maybe ok for a couple of nights but it's not for extended stay.

• Stayed: August 2010
Reviewed 11 September 2010

upon reading some of the reviews here before i stayed with lauderdale by the sea resort a few days ago i wanted to call and cancel my reservation but to my suprise after staying with this hotel considering the ultra low rates it is by far a great value for your money the staff are very friendly and helpful special mention (andrew and the other front desk agent) {the concierge} the rooms were very clean but a little run down the beds are really comfortable nice view from the ocean view rooms within 2mins walk to the beach

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank davionsamuels
LBHotel, Manager at Lauderdale By The Sea Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2010

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel.

We appreciate your comments. Our property is currently under going renovations. We hope you will be able to visit us again in the near future after completion.

Reviewed 9 September 2010

The hotel is not only disgusting, my boyfriend and I both got Lice after staying there. Yes, we are two clean adults who do not have children and immediately after staying at this hotel for 2 nights, we both got LICE. There is no question in our minds that we got it from this hotel. The towels in our room had hair on them. Everything about the place was disgusting. It's cheap, but trust me, pay the extra money to stay somewhere else. I can deal with a lot, I am not very picky about beach hotels, but this place was beyond gross. Read all the reviews before you book. Saving the money is not worth it.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
LBHotel, Manager at Lauderdale By The Sea Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2010

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel.

On behalf of Management, we offer our sincere apologies for your stay.

Unfortunately Lice can be spread in many different ways so it is very difficult to determine where it was spread. The property is currently being renovated and the housekeeping staff strives to provide the best cleanliness to our rooms.

Again, we apologize for your stay and if you were to decide to stay with us again in the future after renovations are completed, please call the hotel directly.

Reviewed 30 July 2010

The concierge was quite helpful. We stayed for only a night and he arranged transportation to Port Everglades and even allowed us to park the car for the week. Here recommended a nearby restraunt that was quite delicious, but the 2 of us eating fish got sick.

The pool was great, everything was in working order and we could even get a glimpse of the beach from our tiny balcony. The beach was only across a small street. It was a GREAT place. We would stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2010

We stayed here because the pictures online were quite nice and the location by the beach. However, the pictures online do not reflect the current status of this hotel. The rooms aren't dirty but they are old and are in need of renovation!!!! The only two positive things were that the pool was nice and it is very close to the beach. HOWEVER, some of our very valuable items turned up missing after our room was cleaned. We filed a police report and not very much seems to be done by the hotel staff besides an apology. This was very disappointing. Also, this hotel is very noisy at night due to the tiki bar by the pool is open late all week. Don't stay if you're looking for a quiet place! I wouldn't recommend this unless you just need a place to stay for the night and do not have valuables to leave behind throughout the day.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
#21 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Southern Seas
Southern Seas
#17 of 28 in Lauderdale by the Sea

Been to Lauderdale By The Sea Resort? Share your experiences!