“No maintenance hotel” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #96 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Montreal, Canada
“No maintenance hotel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2011

So we decided to stay here while we was late and need a huge parcking in the area. First. Don't put your hand or anything on your balcony railing. One of those collapsed when we were there. Have a view on the concrete.
The others things it seems that the maids don't get the essentials to clean like, bath. hairs for previons guests, hairs was on the towels and on the floor. And the tourist trap the resort fees for the internet acces only in the pool area... Also the maids yell one too others between levels at 8 AM. Don't need a wake up call! cleanliness is very questionable. There are also things like ants, toilet not working well, bath was obstruct.
If you are couragous got a elevator tour, you will pay less than Disney, for more fear.Please, notice the inspection certificate...

The hotel is a hafe street throw to the beach and also very well located if you get a really good rate then you maybe ok for a couple of nights but it's not for extended stay.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Middleburg, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2010

I booked the hotel through Bookit.com. At first they could not find my reservation which I had to wait for almost 20 minutes for the front desk receptionist to retrieve my reservation, because she was on the phone. I got there at or around 1245 in the morning. Mind you, we were with friends and family throughout the whole day for Thanksgiving. I thought I was going to be their just to check in for the kids to go to sleep. "No" that's when the nightmare begins. I asked the front desk I would like to see the room before we check in. She allowed me to see a room. The first room I looked at it was dirty and also it smelled like mildew. I went back to the front desk she gave me another room keys, that was not any better, while my kids are waiting in the car to get some rest. I told her I can't stay here because I can't even breathe in the room. She told me whether I checked in or not I should at least spend a night because regardless she is going to charge my card for at least one night. The hotel had no frig in the room when I told the front desk I am travelling with small kids she told me she can put me in a room with a frig, but that's an upgrade of $20 a room because I was supposed to get 2 rooms. I told the front desk I am not going to even bother take my kids into the room, because it is smell and she told me I will be charge regardless. I told her I couldn't careless because I am not going to put my kids and my family though this and she did not say anything. I called bookit.com to tell them what I was going through she try to call the "resort" and the front desk lady tell bookit.com. I am the one who does not want to stay. When I saw the hotel online it looked nice as far as picture, but half of the place seems like it's under construction. They have trash in some rooms which it visible when you are walking by. I will not advise anyone to go to this resort. I don't think it's fair to call this a " resort", because if you book a motel then you know you are going to a motel, but when you are looking at a picture it is nice, but the hotel smell. I think they should close this place down. This .place is not recommend for human being to live in.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
LBHotel, Manager at Lauderdale By The Sea Resort, responded to this review, 3 December 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel.

On behalf of management, we apologize for your issues during your stay. Since your reservation was pre-paid our front desk did the best they could.

Our hotel is currently going through renovations. We have one room type that has a fridge called our Kitchenette room but the room type is not available to book with online travel agencies.

Again, we apologize for your issues during your stay.

Travellers are raving about these Fort Lauderdale hotels

Glasgow, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2010

Stayed in the hotel last year so should have known better, but it is close to beach and some good bars, restuarants and shops. But it is really in need of an makeover. I stayed in it 10 yrs ago when it belonged to The Holday Inn and it was marvellour, so clean and very nice. Our room was overrun with sugar ants, so going on last year the first thing I did was buy a can of Raid, which kills most bugs. But there are millions of these little blighters. No harm to you, but just dirty looking to have them run over your clothes, your bed your food etc. There was no Wifi has stated. I complained about holes in my bathroom wall which beasties were coming out of and nothing was done about it. Last year when I complained the hairdryer was hanging off wall they fixed it in minutes. The cafe attached to hotel, serving breakfast was ridiculous.. tried it once and then drove miles to Denny''s which was far better. Giving this hotel a miss from now on.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
LBHotel, Manager at Lauderdale By The Sea Resort, responded to this review, 19 November 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel.

On behalf of management, we apologize for your issues during your stay. Our hotel is currently going through a make over. We also will have a new restaurant and pool tiki bar coming soon.
Alma, MI.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2010

We stayed there from 9-24-10 till 9-26-10. Was supposed to stay till the 27th but left because they did not have internet like they said they did. The room was OK, had new furniture and a great view of the ocean but the TV only got a few channels. We also found pubic hairs on the towel. Water was rusty also.

The general manager answers all reviews on here with the same old B.S about how they are under new management and that they are fixing it up when they should just tear it down.

Of course when I got the package through Bookit.com, it showed it as being a nice place, no pictures of the outside though which looks like crap.

Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere, we went to the Best Western at Deerfield beach and got a nicer room.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Queens, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2010

Hello All,

When you see this many bad reviews for a hotel it means keep moving; this place is not for you. Something I wish I knew before. My close friend, her daughter, my husband, my son, and I all stayed at this hotel in August 2010. I saw the pics of the hotel online and as usual only the best angles were used. I will first say that the staff at the front desk was very helpful, the location was great, the pool was nice and we had AC. We are from NY and this was our first time in Fort lauderdale. We arrived at our hotel and at first glance everything seemed normal and typical in decor for a hotel. We had two rooms reserved for our stay; one room for each family. As we began the process of checking in we encountered our first issue when we were told that we were going to be on different floors even though the rooms were booked togther. The front desk did some changes and now were on the same floor but doors apart from each other. We were told that there was nothing else available; we sucked it up and said ok since it was late and we were tired. When we got to our room. The room was horrible. The room was stuffy, the bathroom was not clean, there was mold on the walls and even behind the bathroom towels. The coat racks/shelving and iron were rusty. The outside door frame to the room was rusted, The towels were a horrible quality and even the carpet was dirty. FILTHY FILTHY. The shower was filthy esp. in the corners of the tub, you could see that it was not cleaned properly or hadn't been cleaned at all. We went back down to the front desk and demanded a change. The front desk informed us that there was an error at check in and we were indeed suppose to be next door to the other people in my party. I feel bad for whoever stay there. We were told that we were being upgraded. The Upgrade was not much better. The room was dated, but at least there was no mold on the walls in the bathroom. The kitchenette had a bug on the mini fridge and the inside of the fridge was dirty. I am happy that I brought a canister of sanitizer wipes which I always do because it was certainly needed in both rooms. I had to use my wipes to clean everywhere that I thought we would be touching, tv buttons, handle doors etc. The TV remote control did not work, the telephone did not work, the ice machine on our floor did not work, one of the bed mattress kept sliding off the bed, the towels were thin and the carpet was not vacummed properly. Also, in our bathroom the faucet handles were missing. You either had to use a pliers or use your thumb to press against and push up a part of the metal pipe that was sticking up from the ball (doing this allowed the water to turn off and on). No children could do it and after awhile of doing this your finger would hurt. The wifi acccess was down and I had to go to the main lobby to use the staff's computer in order to get on the internet. The floors in the hallway of the hotel were painted concrete and the paint was chipping. The stairscase was the same. I even think the products that was placed in the bathrooms were being re-used, the packs of soap left in our bathroom looked like they had been around the block. The wrapper looked like it was wet and then dried and placed in our room since it was un-opened. The elevator was old and stuffy. In my friends room, her door leading to the outside balcony would not close properly and my front door also had problems w/ the chain on the door. This place needs a make-over bad. I hope someone could invest some time and money in this place and fix it up because the location was nice. If you plan on having a good nights rest then don't bother staying here. The fear alone would ruin your time. If you have the choice of sleeping in your car or this hotel I say sleep in the car. It's ashame becasue the staff was very helpful. Never EVER EVER Again.

• Stayed August 2010
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2010

So I decided to stay here while I was transitioning to the area. I was given a room right over the bar the constant music called for a ton of sleepless nights. The other thing it seems as though the maids don't get the essentials to clean like trash bags and cleaners so cleanliness is very questionable I ended up buying my own cleaner. Towels well if you need washcloths don't hold your breathe. There are also things like ants and lizzards in the rooms.Pros the hotel is a stones throw to the beach and also I very well located if you get a really good rate then you maybe ok for a couple of nights but it's not for extended stay.

• Stayed August 2010
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2010

upon reading some of the reviews here before i stayed with lauderdale by the sea resort a few days ago i wanted to call and cancel my reservation but to my suprise after staying with this hotel considering the ultra low rates it is by far a great value for your money the staff are very friendly and helpful special mention (andrew and the other front desk agent) {the concierge} the rooms were very clean but a little run down the beds are really comfortable nice view from the ocean view rooms within 2mins walk to the beach

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LBHotel, Manager at Lauderdale By The Sea Resort, responded to this review, 20 September 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel.

We appreciate your comments. Our property is currently under going renovations. We hope you will be able to visit us again in the near future after completion.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Lauderdale
Horizon By The Sea Inn
Horizon By The Sea Inn
#18 of 28 in Lauderdale by the Sea
Ocean Beach Palace Hotel and Suites
Ocean Beach Palace Hotel and Sui...
#52 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale

Been to Lauderdale By The Sea Resort? Share your experiences!