“Best hotel experience I've had in a long time.”

Holiday Inn Express Ft. Lauderdale Cruise-Airport
Ranked #41 of 131 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

Being a platinum member I stay at a Holiday Inn more than I stay at home. This hotel was unbelievable. The staff, accommodations, the cleanliness was absolutely amazing. The location was right near anything I wanted to do also. One of the best Hotel experiences I've had.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Randy M
ExpressCC17, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ft. Lauderdale Cruise-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Randy M,
Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience with others. We truly value you as a Platinum member. We recognize that you have choices when deciding where to stay. Your kind words of compliment are greatly appreciated and I will be sure and share the good news with our Team. The Holiday Inn Express Convention Center is the perfect place for all travelers as we are so conveniently located. We are surrounded by so many great restaurants and shops... all within walking distance. Our staff strive daily to provide all guests with the excellent service they expect and deserve while staying with us. We hope to have you back with us soon and please stop by the desk and say, "hello"!

Reviewed 23 October 2013

This hotel was the perfect stop the night before our family cruised! What made it excellent was the service that Everett provided at the front desk. When I realized I had forgotten a very important (but hard to find) item just hours before our cruise, Everett located a store, arranged for my transportation, and kept me well informed of the plan! You are very much appreciated Everett!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Christine N
ExpressCC17, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ft. Lauderdale Cruise-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Christine N.,
What a pleasure it is to hear such kind words of compliment. I will absolutely share the good news with Everett and the Team! They all work so very hard daily to ensure all guests are completely satisfied during their stay. The Holiday Inn Express Convention Center is the perfect location for all travelers as we are conveniently located near the cruise port and the airport. Thank you so much for sharing with others. We look forward to the next opportunity to welcome you back to our "home away from home" hotel.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

My family and I just returned from a wonderful cruise but, the night before we cruised, we stayed at this hotel! Best choice - best location and, the staff could not have been better. From the moment Everett checked us in (and by the way, every hotel should have an Everett) and the next morning when Gloria checked us out, we felt as if our vacation had already started! The room we had was spacious, very clean and well furnished. One could not have asked for a better location. The restaurant Everett recommended was not only in walking distance but, the best Mexican restaurant we've eaten at in a very long time. The hot breakfast bar just added to our already good experience! Keep up the good work!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Inn K

Inn K,
It is such a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I will share the good news with Everett and the rest of the Team! They strive daily to provide all guests with the excellent service they expect and deserve while staying at the Holiday Inn Express Convention Center! Our location is prefect for cruisers and business travelers as we are surrounded by so many great restaurants and shops... all within walking distance. I look forward to your next visit and please be sure and say, "hello".

Reviewed 19 October 2013

Checked in on our way back from a cruise and had a great stay. Good location but lost a point due to my view being of a wall. The staff was pleasant and helpful. If you need help ask for Everett, he was on the desk and very personable and went above and beyond to help with our stay. Breakfast was a nice addition and more than enough after a cruise stay. Will stay again upon our next visit. Highly recommendeed.

Room Tip: Rooms to the west dont overlook a wall
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank chris s

Chris S,
Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience with others. It is so nice to hear that Everett provided you with excellent service during your stay. I will be sure and share your kind words of compliment with Everett and the Team. Our daily goal is to provide all guests with a warm, clean, friendly and welcoming environment. I am pleased to hear we were successful during your visit. I look forward to having you back with us soon!

Reviewed 7 October 2013

We were surprised how good the room was. Better than we had expected. Room was clean, and close to restaurants. Easy commute to beach. Comfortable beds, and really a surprising visit considering we weren't sure how it was going to go. Nice!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
ExpressCC17, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ft. Lauderdale Cruise-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Traveltrio03,
Thank you for your kind words of compliment. It is so nice to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I will be sure and share the good news with staff. The Team strive daily to provide a clean, fresh and welcoming environment to all guests.
I am happy to hear that our location was perfect for you as well. We are surrounded by so many nice restaurants and shops... all within walking distance.
Again, I thank you for sharing. I hope to have you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

I picked this hotel due to it's proximity to the Convention Center. I had not stayed at a Holiday Inn for many, many years. I was surprised how well furnished my room was with a large flat screen TV and a well appointed bathroom. The free morning breakfast was better than most free breakfasts you will receive. The staff members were all very pleasant and professional.
This hotel provides free parking in an area where the competition charges $ 25 and up per night.
But BE AWARE do not accept room 209 or other rooms in the 09 line, as the elevator backs up to these rooms. In was in 209 and clearly would hear the elevator day and night.
I would return to this hotel again - but would avoid a room backing up to the elevator.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank charles h
ExpressCC17, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ft. Lauderdale Cruise-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Charles h,
Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience with others. It's so nice to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Our Team strive daily to provide all guests with exceptional service. I will be sure and share the good news with them. We value your comments as we take pride in knowing our guests are truly satisfied during their stay; we also learn of areas to be improved upon. Our hotel is the perfect location for all travelers as we are just minutes from the Broward County Convention Center and the Port Everglades cruise port. We are surrounded by so many wonderful restaurants and shopping... all within walking distance. I hope to have you visit us again soon.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

This is an ideal location if you are departing or arriving on a cruise from Port Everglades.
10 minutes from the ship and from the Ft. Lauderdale airport.
Free Breakfast was excellent.
Numerous really good restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank D F
ExpressCC17, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ft. Lauderdale Cruise-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2013

DF,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with others. I am happy to hear that our location was perfect for you. I am glad that you enjoyed our hot complimentary breakfast as well. We are just minutes from the Port Everglades cruise port and the Broward County Convention Center. Also, we are surrounded by over 25 great restaurants... all within walking distance. I hope to have you stay with us again soon.