Holiday Inn Express Ft. Lauderdale Cruise-Airport
Ranked #42 of 131 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 22 August 2014

many thanks to mgr miss Gloria for her commitment to our comfort and happiness during our visits. we stayed one night before our flight and another upon our return from the DR. special thanks to mr Everett for his attention, ms denise,and ms Margaret, and ms Amelia .everyone made us welcome with sincere efforts.they define customer service, ms Gloria deserves kudos for her staffing skills.we look forward to returning to their welcoming smiles.

Room Tip: floor 2 or 3
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Guy H
ExpressCC17, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ft. Lauderdale Cruise-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

Guy H (Mount Pleasant),
Wow! Thank you so much for your kind words of compliment! What a pleasure to hear that we were successful in our efforts to provide you and all guests with the exceptional service you expect and deserve while staying with us. The Team strives daily to welcome our guests with a smile and allow them a "home away from home" environment. I will be sure and share the good news with Everett, Amelia, Margaret, Denise and the rest of our Team. We value you as a past guest in our hotel and your review is so very important to us. We hope to have you back with us soon!

Reviewed 20 August 2014

We had a great experience for the most part. Tamara at the front desk was exceptionally kind and helpful. We really had only one complaint. The free breakfast was very upsetting. I saw the attendant and told her she was out of a couple of things and asked if she had more. She got in my face and got REALLY nasty. I thought she was crazy frankly. She was telling me how much she had to do and that I shouldn't expect her to have everything at once. (I hadn't). She went in the door after she finally got a key and slammed it after her. She brought the food out and was still being nasty. I went and got the front desk person who got a manager and she was STILL going off. It was a pretty horrible experience. Other than that the rooms were clean, people were nice & it was close to the cruise port with a shuttle to get you there.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sheyrieskip S
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I have stayed in Ft. Lauderdale many times, but never at this hotel. I chose this hotel as I had an early flight out the next morning and wanted to be close to the airport. It was a good location as it was about 5-10 minutes to the airport and only about a mile from the beach. The front lobby was lovely, the free breakfast was varied and tasty, and the room was newly renovated and clean. The hallways were extremely hot, but the room thankfully was cool. However, I was disappointed with the service before I arrived. I called to book my reservation directly with the hotel and was quoted the AAA rate which I reserved and was told I would be sent an e-mail confirmation. About a week later I realized I had not received the confirmation and called the hotel directly to check on it. Instead of connecting to the front desk my call was pushed to the 800 number. They looked up my information and e-mailed me a confirmation. I looked at it while still on the phone with them and found that it was for a pre-paid non-refundable reservation, instead of the AAA rate I booked. The 800 number told me a change to the reservation could only be made with the hotel directly. I hung up and after several tries finally got a hold of someone at the front desk. After looking up my information they said my credit card had already been charged and no changes could be made. I was very displeased as I had requested the AAA rate and had never been told about a pre-paid non-refundable reservation or that the credit card I was asked to give to hold the room was going to be charged immediately when the reservation was made. I was told that only a manager could adjust my reservation and that they were not available at that time, they took my information and they said as soon as the manager came in they would contact me. I never got a phone call back. I was very disappointed with the customer service and despite the fact that the room was fine, I doubt I would stay at that location again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank shutterbug44
ExpressCC17, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ft. Lauderdale Cruise-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Shutterbug44,
Although I am pleased to hear that our location was perfect for you. I am concerned about the problem with your reservation. Please accept my sincere apology for the less than satisfactory service you experience in regards to your reservation confirmation. If you were quoted a AAA rates you certainly should have received that rate and your card should not have been charged in advance. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you further. It is my desire to make you a satisfied customer. We value you as a past guest and your comment is very important to us. Please call me direct at 954-728-2577.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Not three words you often see together in a review but this really fit the bill. Being at a cruise port I expected it to busy but didn't expect it like this. But despite two HUGE cruise groups at the hotel and sister properties they were quick and efficient in checking us in and taking care of our needs.

The hotel was clean and looks recently upgraded and the rooms were very comfortable. While the pool doesn't have a pool the shuttle will take you up the street to their sister property which had a decent pool.

Very happy with the stay and service

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
ExpressCC17, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ft. Lauderdale Cruise-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Modeerf (Taylorsville, Utah),
Thank you for your review. We are truly an extremely busy hotel...especially pre/post cruise days! We appreciate the business. Your comment is so important to us. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others. I will be sure and share the good news with the Team! I hope to have you back with us soon.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Had a lovely stay here, even for one night. The hotel shuttle collected us from the airport and on arrival were welcomed by Everett at the front desk....lovely gentleman! Our room was clean and spacious. We used the laundry at the hotel next door and had dinner at a place just over the road. Breakfast was included but we slept in, so can't comment on that. We had a shuttle arranged to take us to our cruise ship and also pick us up after the cruise. Great service and would recommend staying pre cruise.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lioness64
ExpressCC17, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ft. Lauderdale Cruise-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Lioness64,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience with others. We are pleased to hear that you would recommend our hotel to other pre-cruisers. We are the perfect place for all travelers as we are just minutes from the Fort Lauderdale airport, Broward county convention center and Port Everglades cruise port. We are surrounded by so many great restaurant... all within walking distance. I will be sure and share your kind words of compliment with Everett and the rest of our team!

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Holiday Inn did a wonderful job with the new decorating. The check in was so easy and the young lady at the check in was most helpful. She had a group in front of us that was most difficult and she took care of it in a very professional way. The room was great, comfortable and clean. The hot breakfast was a nice touch. It is only 2 miles from the port.Suggestion: take the van to the port but take a taxi back. A $10.00 flat fee to get to the hotel. $10.00 each to take the van back.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank bananaboat47
Reviewed 26 July 2014

If you come to this hotel with your expectations real you will be satisfied. It has a great location, you can park for free very near the front door, you get a nice room and a decent free breakfast to start your day. On this trip I honestly chose this hotel over the Hilton down the street which was only $25 more per night. If I went to the big hotel I would have paid $15 for parking and have no breakfast. I have learned that these HI Express hotels are a good way to go.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank Stagalv_10
ExpressCC17, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ft. Lauderdale Cruise-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Stagly_110,
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with others. We are the perfect location for all travelers as we are just blocks from the entrance of the Cruise Port and Broward County Convention Center. The Fort Lauderdale airport is 3.5 miles from us and the beach is less than 2 miles! I am happy to hear that our location worked well for you. Our team prepare daily to provide our guests with a "home away from home" atmosphere. It is important to us that you enjoy every aspect of your stay, from check-in to check-out. Again, we thank you for the compliment and hope to have you back with us soon.