My 2 children and I stayed at Spring Break time. We exchanged for an efficiency unit (small ref,no stove which was the down side but we knew that going in so we took an igloo cooler to plug in for additional refrigeration and used the microwave).
We were on the 11th floor (1114) facing the intercoastal waterway ( Great view) the room was handicap accessible which had designed the bathroom to allow a wheel chair to be driven into the shower, therefore causing the water to run out into the main bathroom floor because there is no "rib/ridge/slope on the floor to keep the water from running out of the shower area.
The store was being remodeled so there was a temporary one set up on the top floor, great viewing area, but the items sold are quite pricey and the attendant very slow, but that is why you have a kitchen to prepare food in your unit. We went up for breakfast our first morning (since we didn't have a stove) but it only included a selection of muffins and coffee for a ridiculous price. After that it was cereal and microwavable breakfast bowls.
Parking has already been touched on, I think it is nonsense to have timeshare owners pay for parking, as much as we pay for out timeshare properties the parking should be a given.The resort charges $14.00 per day or you can rent space on the other parking floor for $50.00 for the week. I opted to park on the resort floors in the garage because it was a little more secure. I would caution anyone who has tow mirrors on their truck or SUV to fold them in on you long winding drive up to the Marriott floor.
On our stay the employees were nice and explained all the amenities of the resort including chair and umbrella rental.The cleanliness issue on some of the reviews did not occur to us, we have stayed here twice and both times it has been fine.
The resort is in the middle of the beach so if you go at spring break it can be loud, since we were on the 11th floor it was fine for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the seaside from your balcony at the Marriott's BeachPlace Tower. Just a few footprints from the beach, you can smell the ocean while you open your door. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Marriott's BeachPlace Towers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott`s Beachplace Towers Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Marriott Beachplace Hotel
- Marriott Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Marriott