“Good Experience”

Ranked #33 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Jackson
“Good Experience”
Reviewed 23 April 2011

My 2 children and I stayed at Spring Break time. We exchanged for an efficiency unit (small ref,no stove which was the down side but we knew that going in so we took an igloo cooler to plug in for additional refrigeration and used the microwave).

We were on the 11th floor (1114) facing the intercoastal waterway ( Great view) the room was handicap accessible which had designed the bathroom to allow a wheel chair to be driven into the shower, therefore causing the water to run out into the main bathroom floor because there is no "rib/ridge/slope on the floor to keep the water from running out of the shower area.

The store was being remodeled so there was a temporary one set up on the top floor, great viewing area, but the items sold are quite pricey and the attendant very slow, but that is why you have a kitchen to prepare food in your unit. We went up for breakfast our first morning (since we didn't have a stove) but it only included a selection of muffins and coffee for a ridiculous price. After that it was cereal and microwavable breakfast bowls.

Parking has already been touched on, I think it is nonsense to have timeshare owners pay for parking, as much as we pay for out timeshare properties the parking should be a given.The resort charges $14.00 per day or you can rent space on the other parking floor for $50.00 for the week. I opted to park on the resort floors in the garage because it was a little more secure. I would caution anyone who has tow mirrors on their truck or SUV to fold them in on you long winding drive up to the Marriott floor.

On our stay the employees were nice and explained all the amenities of the resort including chair and umbrella rental.The cleanliness issue on some of the reviews did not occur to us, we have stayed here twice and both times it has been fine.

The resort is in the middle of the beach so if you go at spring break it can be loud, since we were on the 11th floor it was fine for us.

Room Tip: If you have children get at least 1 1/2 bath.
1 Thank TravelingFamily078

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (436)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 April 2011

I traded my time share for a Marriott thinking I would be in good hands! We were placed in the back of the hotel where we were told we would get an intercoastal view. Ha! Our view was an apartment complex that was located directly behind the Marriott. We had traded a new, 2 bedroom 2 bath resort for a 1 bedroom hotel room that was NOT SERVICED for an entire week! No clean towels, no clean sheets, no vacuum, NOTHING! I complained on the second day only to be told that since we traded weeks with our home resort they did not service the rooms or provide clean towels or linens! They told me to take the stuff to the laundry mat! After that rude awakening I really started watching how much they cleaned....I saw 1 ONE cleaning cart ALL week long! The hallways were filled with empty bags of trash, the elevators with sand, and we avoided the lobby and the rude employees AT ALL costs! Not only did they not clean, they also charged you for everything under the sun. I have never parked a car at a hotel and was charged to park!?! They charge an additional fee of $14.00 per day to park at their hotel! If you happen to park on the wrong floor, you are paying $30.00! They RENT beach chairs at the front desk! We were never made aware of this until we found out by talking with other guests. If you walk on to the beach in front of the hotel you are raped for $50.00 for 2 chairs and an umbrella, daily! Not a very fun experience at all. We will not be returning nor trading for a MARRIOTT time share anytime soon!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank LouLou88-11
Michigan
Reviewed 14 April 2011

Aweful all they way around. Front desk staff were very incompetent. Elevators slow parking terrible, pool small.....need I say more. Moved to the Marriott Harbor Beach. Better quality for the $$$.

1 Thank MendeS1172
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 12 April 2011

I stayed here because it was right on the beach and I prefer the suite layout. The parking situation is pretty bad as described in other postings. We happen to be here during Spring break and the garage was full so we circled the block a few times until we noticed an attendant that let us in. On the second day, we parked on the wrong floor and as we exited, we paid ~$30 for parking. When I stated the case to the front desk (evening manager, she wore glasses), she quickly refused to reimburse us. I also requested a later check out for a 30 min. conference call the next morning and her response was, "we're not that type of hotel", you'll need to check out by 10 am or be charged another night. I guess because this is a time share resort, the customer service folks really don't care about the non-timeshare guests.

The rooms were nice and spacious which is the main positive feedback that I have. As a Gold nearing Platinum member, I do stick with Marriott brands and therefore next time, I will try the Courtyard and the other Marriott down the street.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank cosmid
Chestertown, Maryland
Reviewed 12 April 2011

I was leary about staying here with some of the reviews. We were here for the week of April 3rd through 9 for the YMCA National Swim Championships and we really enjoyed our stay.

It was just my daughter and I and we rented a king size room with a hide-a-way couch. The room had a balcony and a small refrigerator, micro, kitchen sink, coffee maker, all the plates, forks, etc. for 4 people, even wine glasses. We had full room service every day unlike some of the comments from people. I think the people that rent the villas might be the ones that do not have room service. We had asked for extra feather pillows and towels and we got those. Everything about the room and the service was wonderful.

Regarding the elevators......they were a little slow, but not to the point that it annoyed me. We did get stuck on one and they had to come and pry the door open to let us out. We were only in there for about 4 minutes before they were right on it gettting us out! A little scary but it worked out fine. There are a lot of floors so of course they are going to be a little slow, but there are 4 of them so I didn't notice the wait like others commented on.

We did not use the parking garage so I can not comment on it.

If you want to be right in the middle of it all....this Marriott is the place to be and we would surely go back again!

Southampton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 30 March 2011

WOW what a great place! I LOVED this hotel, I wish I had sent us down more than one day early for our cruise as i would gladly spend a week here! We had a one bedroom unit that had a full kitchen, balcony looking out over the ocean, large living room with double sofa bed and a huge jacuzzi tub for two. There is a 24 hour CVS on the bottom level that has everything you could possibly imagine. The staff was great, room immaculate I honestly can't think of a better place to stay pre cruise, in fact I may go back just to escape the winter cold next year! Great place!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
Montreal
Reviewed 27 March 2011

No issues with parking and elevators,
POSITIVE
very nice room, gorgeous view, clean beaches, spaciours room, nice shopping Galeria nearby, nice restaurant, good locations for everything, a policeman was there to control spring break kids, 19th floor lounge is awesome
OPPORTUNITIES OF IMPROVEMENT
noisy teenagers (sprinbreak), that wake us up every night, even start the fire alarm at 4am, there is no Marriott signs outside, we struggle finding it, extra charges to clean the room during the week even if we paid our annual fees, bathroom could be renovate, we were on 6th floor, A/C wasn't working properly in 1 room
OVERALL
we were very happy, beach, wheather was perfect.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple