“They do it right”

Marriott's BeachPlace Towers
Ranked #35 of 131 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 23 July 2014

My family and I, party of 6, spent a week in a two bedroom two bath unit and it was awesome! We have stayed in Ft. Lauderdale on the beach many times and this was by far the best. The room was spacious, clean and well appointed. The great location allows you to leave the car behind as there are countless restaurants, bars and shops within easy walking distance. Not to mention the on site restaurant and bar options. The pool area isn't huge but it's definitely big enough and it's nice. My only complaint is that the pool side lounge closes a little early.

Room Tip: As always on Ft. Lauderdale beach, you can't beat an ocean view room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Steve V
Write a ReviewReviews (1,649)

Reviewed 23 July 2014

The staff are wonderful here! Everyone goes out of their way to be cheerful and helpful. Thank you, Khalil, for finding me an oceanfront room on the 18th floor. The view was beautiful and I was very happy. The manager of the hotel sent an email when I booked telling me about parking for which I was very grateful. The gorgeous view, convenience of restaurants and shops nearby, beautiful walks on the beach and friendly staff more than make up for the parking garage and waits for the elevator. I would go back again. Marriott is the best.

Room Tip: There is a CVS in the mall below that was very convenient. Many restaurants to choose from. We lik...
1  Thank LOVEStheBEACH101
Reviewed 23 July 2014

As a Lifetime Platinum Member, points owner, and weeks owner, please take note. A Marriott loyalist for 30+ years, this property (and some staff) do not meet the Marriott standard. The issues are many... parking, noise, service, inconvenience among them. My greatest issue was after asking what I thought was a simple favor. I had booked my 4 nt stay using both points and cash. Unfortunately, I had reversed the order (cash nts 1 & 2, pts nts 3 & 4) in my reservation. Upon check-in with Curtisa, I explained that I wanted my final receipt to be reflected in reverse order. She said "not a problem" it would be as I requested. I repeated my request to confirm. Upon receiving my receipt yesterday, my request had not been honored. I kindly asked Madeline G. Clark - Asst Front Office Mgr. (who could use a hospitality refresher course) to correct this, and was abruptly told that wasn't possible. With absolutely no regard for what I was told at check-in. She advised that I contact Owner Services. Upon doing that, I was told that could only be handled at the resort. Finally, I asked to speak with the GM. A very kind lady representing the GM listened carefully, then huddled in the back office before letting me know that this "would be against the law." Oh please... surely they could do better than that.

Room Tip: Stay at the Marriott Harbor Beach
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Tom S
Ryan N, Corporate Customer Care Manager at Marriott's BeachPlace Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Thank you for your TripAdvisor review, Tom. We appreciate your loyalty to the Marriott brand and apologize for your experience at the front desk. Our Customer Care team would like to speak with you further about your stay. Please email us at customer.care@vacationclub.com with your preferred method of contact and include your TripAdvisor Username. As an alternative, you may reach us directly by calling 800-860-9384. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

First off no towels at the pool either day we stayed had to wait for towels to be cleaned ,our toilet in our room never flushed properly and over flowed both nights , the parking was in a garage shared with a mall and,keep in mind that the charge to park is 14.00 a day however our last night we could find no parking in the hotel parking lot so we parked in the regular parking upon leaving we were charged 25.00 more,I called the hotel and the lady was extremely rude and said that it was basically our problem that we could not find any parking and said we do not get refunded I asked to speak to a manager and she hung up on me ,very poor service be aware this hotel in unprofessional!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Kim2717
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This Marriott is just across the A1A from the beach and is a prime location! It is housed in the same building as a small mall (with plenty of souvenir shopping!) and there are plenty of restaurants within walking distance. We had a two bedroom villa and the rooms were spacious and well appointed. There was a full kitchen with all the amenities necessary to cook a complete meal, making this a perfect room for a family vacation! The staff was friendly and helpful and we especially enjoyed the service of the gentleman at the Starbucks counter in the lobby!

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Marriott beach Place towers sits on a prime location were everything is within reach! The beach, shopping, dining,people watching or just strolling along Ft Lauderdale beach blvd, it's the Place to be. Definitely we will come back!!!

1  Thank Judy L
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Just got back from a week stay, one of the only features of a resort is the 14.00 dollar day parking.
To pay for this honor you have to drive in a parking garge and go up 4 floors which is not a pleasant experience . The pool is on the same leval of the the fans and exhaust fans from the restaurants below. The odor from them again is not pleasant. The room we stay in had a partial ocean veiw with the Ritz Hotel blocking bedroom veiw. The cooling unit for the Ritz was so loud you could not sit on balcony, room 701.
The villa we stayed in was beautiful, fully equip with everything one needs even a washer and dryer. The property was itself well maintain staff was great. The complaints I have marriott cannot fix because of the location.
If you like to be in the center of everything good and bad it's for you. The area is more desirable for 20 and 30 year olds. Personally I like a resort with grass not cement.

Room Tip: Do not have room 701 if you like to sit out and enjoy the out conversation .
6  Thank Ryan331
Ryan N, Corporate Customer Care Manager at Marriott's BeachPlace Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Thank you for your TripAdvisor review, Ryan. We appreciate your feedback on your stay and apologize for not exceeding your expectations. The resort is unique in its location and garage parking beneath the main structure. We apologize this and the fee deterred from your overall visit. Your feedback will be shared with the resort leadership team and we hope you give us another visit so we may truly exceed your expectations.