“Pleasantly suprized”

Marriott's BeachPlace Towers
Ranked #34 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 9 June 2010

After reading reviews here of this hotel we opted to stay here on the shorter end of our trip. Now we wish we had done the longer end. The rooms in our villa were big & comfortably decorated. The bed was extremly comfortable & we had a large balcony with a view of the canals & $$$ homes. There was a washer/dryer so we could do all the laundry from our week long cruise & granite kitchen fully equiped. The double bathroom had a large shower in one room & jacuzzi for 2 tub in another . The staff was outstanding & although a little confusing at first once you get out into the plaza area the beach is right accross the street. There are some fun restaurants to pick from such as Hooters & LuLu's & a huge CVS right there as well as a variety of shops. We loved it & will be back for sure

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Timeforfun050
Write a ReviewReviews (1,619)

Reviewed 4 June 2010

We stayed for one week at the Marriot BeachPlace Towers and it was wonderful. We used Marriott points for this trip - and well worth it.

My husband and another couple stayed in the two-bedroom villas with the coastal inlet view. The villa was spacious and accommodating in every respect - well appointed, clean with a great view! Everything was close by - great restaurants, the beach was just across the street (through a short tunnel) and the CVS provided everything required for your stay.

The front desk staff was more than accommodating and went beyond expectations in customer service. I loved the pool area as it was small but big enough - definitely not crowded. Yes, you should go there early enough if you want sun because by 3-4 pm, the sun disappears but it's also a nice respite from the hot sun in the late afternoon. If you are seeking more sun at that time, head to the beach!

I've read so many reviews about the elevators -- believe me when I say that there is NO issue with them. We rarely had to wait more than a few seconds for an elevator. This may be different during the crazy spring break period but the hotel was full and we were pleased to have fast elevators.

I would definitely stay here again. My only negative comment is don't use the printer in the business office! It costs a fortunate to print anything because the computer is slow with a next-to-nothing buffer (so you can print ONLY 2 pages/time). Otherwise, an awesome vacation!! PS: Head to the closest Costco and load up with your 'beverages' so you can bring your drinks down the pool. We bought huge insulated mugs and poured our drinks in those with ice... yummmmm and cheap!

• Stayed: May 2010
Reviewed 4 June 2010

I was very impressed with the oceanfront luxuriously decorated 1 bedroom Villa with King bed, separate living room, kitchenette with washing machine and private balcony for a very decent price. At check-in ask for 6th floor or higher, as the view is better.

On the last two nights I changed to the other side on a standard room without living room. I found it almost better, even if smaller, then the waterways are a delight to watch. If you are oceanfront, be aware that if you are in the middle or on the left side of the building, sitting on your balcony might be hard due to the extremely noisy generators right below you. Since I like to sit on my balcony, this was the main reason for changing to the other side, which is much quieter. In both rooms I never heard any noise from other guests.

The location couldn't be better. You are in the middle of everything. At the beginning it's a bit strange that by car you can only enter the hotel through the parking lot but one can easily get used to it. Also access to the beach is ok and during my stay I never had to wait more than 30 seconds for an elevator.

Only disappointment was that public internet costs 20 cents per minute, travelling from abroad I didn't have my laptop with me.

Parking is $14 a day, which considering that there are no other alternatives is not too bad. I was not charged with a resort fee.

Al in all, in my opinion the best choice for Ft. lauderdale.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 June 2010

ok location, clean rooms, parking garage on the weekends took us 30 min to get out of...you have to go up 5 levels to park at the Marriott. Elevators took a long time on the weekends only otherwise fine. Staff was great , rooms were clean , Pool was clean and never really that crowded. The beach is across the street , takes a few minuets to get to.. no big deal...water was clean , make sure to use the chairs and umbrellas from the hotel , it will save you money. If you bring a baby ... like we did .... not the best idea. But if you have a toddler...they will love it. Only down side... the three bars in front of the hotel were full of drunk people.... the weekends are very packed with young party types...but during the weekdays it great.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 June 2010

The view is beautiful, rooms are spacious and complete with laundry in rooms,. This hotel has shops right under the hotel, or you can stroll along the beach strip & have Dinner.
Area is safe and close to everything....

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 June 2010

My wife and I spent four days of relaxation here. I liked the central location to everything. I did rent a car , I did use it sparingly . The rooms were spacious,clean and attended to daily if needed. The front desk was helpful at any time needed. THe small store down off the lobby satisfied my Starbucks coffee fix and all little snack or food I needed during my times at the pool.Drinks at the pool were a tad expensive so just headed down to Fat Tuesdays to get a frozen drink/ Pool was clean but at 230 pm it was shaded. At that time we just headed to the beautiful ocean. I would stay here again.. Thanks for the great time

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 May 2010

Our suites were totally fabulous, clean and convienently located on the beach. Big deal we had a parking garage- you get used to it! we got the pass from the garage for $60 for the week., cheaper than thru the hotel. anyone who complained about the stores out front, get over yourself!!! The city kept the beach and sidewalks so clean, beachshowers were great to rinse off. I brought a cooler bag as my carry-on and it was perfect for our beach drinks. You can buy almost anything at the cvs downstairs-cheapest beer in town, grocery items, and souveneirs- all at great prices.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business