“Would Stay Again but....”

Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale 17th Street Convention Center
Ranked #15 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 8 July 2012

The hotel is very nice and situated near a lot of fast food restaurants. However, the staff at the front desk are very rude. They don't give you information about the complimentary breakfast, shuttle times, or things in the area and have an attitude when you ask them a question. It would be a 5 star hotel experience if the staff were friendlier.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 10 July 2012

My sincere apologies for your experience in regards to the staff and the ammentities that are offered. Our goal here at Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale is to exceed our guests expectations and provide exceptional customer service. The issue has been addressed and I assure you this will not be the case in the future. We do hope to see you again soon. Thank you for your comments.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,334)

Reviewed 1 July 2012

Requested two double beds for family of four. Arrived to be told they didn't have a double. The front desk man was extremely rude when I asked why and indicated that the site I booked thru (large Internet travel site) gives room types that are not available. He was rather negative about the site that I pointed out was feeding them business. He very sarcastically said he'd give us our money back and we could look elsewhere. At 11pm with two children I pointed out that wasn't appropriate. Then another clerk pointed out the sofa had a pull out for the kids. That was fine with us and I'm not sure why the man didn't point that out immediately when telling us the double wasn't available. Also the room was a bit below par and the bathroom had ants.

Room Tip: Do not stay on first floor. It was very loud in the lobby area.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 2 July 2012

Greetings~ Thank you for your feedback~ my sincere apologies for the experience you endured with your family and our hotel. This is not a typical situation, and I assure it will be addressed. I would only hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you what our service and accomodations are truly like ~ we are undergoing a renovation and will be completed mid September ~ please do come back and we promise to deliver a Hyatt Place wonderful stay!

Reviewed 24 June 2012

Concerned about other reviews I had seen. This was a perfect pre $(67.00) and post cruise (62.00) hotel. Booked it much cheaper through Expedia. At the hotel it is 90.00 +, I used their computer to book the 2nd night from Expedia.
Hotel is 2 turn to the Port. Airport is close, Son used the airport shuttle at 7:30 a.m. no problems. You must sign up for that the day before.
Rooms with 2 beds big enough for 6 because the rooms have a pull out sectional sofa.
Carpets in the rooms could use a cleaning. The rest of the room was clean.
Restaurants and CVS close by.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 26 June 2012

Greetings....thank you so very much for the great comments...and to let you know, in regards to the carpets, we are actually undergoing a 4 million dollar renovation to include new carpet...good news...In any event, please tell your friends and family about us, and hope to see you again in the near future. Thank you again.

Best,

Reviewed 19 June 2012

I was in Fort Lauderdale on a visit and needed a last minute place to stay so I got lucky on Priceline and landed the Hyatt for a decent price, considering the only other alternatives in the area are motels and those can be pretty seedy in that area. Went to check-in and it took about 5 minutes for the lady to pull up the reservation, check id, run my card for incidentals and hand me my keys. When I got up to the room I was pleasantly surprised at the size of the room and how updated it was. I would say it compared to a $250/nt room at the Delta in Toronto or Westin/Doubletree in most major cities. The bed was very comfortable, had a flatscreen tv which all decent hotels have nowdays, bathroom, shower, sitting area with couch and desk, all new but for a little over a hundred bucks after taxes I thought I got a great deal.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank AHSPAO
AUDRA D, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale 17th Street Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2012

Thank you so very much for your kind words and we are so happy that you had a great experience at our hotel ... We do hope you share the good word with all your family and friends so that when they travel to Ft. Lauderdale they will chose our hotel...Looking forward to hosting you again when in our area...Thank you again,

Reviewed 11 June 2012

Currently this hotel is undergoing some renovation but I still found it to be an enjoyable experience. I was here for one night and needed a good night rest. The room was very spacious which was very nice. It was clean with no smell of smoke (which even many nicer places have from those who don't follow directions. The room is basic but nice.

The staff ware very pleasant.

The lobby is very nice and even has a little bakery area that you can buy food from 24 hours a day (not like a normal hotel shop. This one is nicer).

I'd come back to stay on business or before a cruise or flight for sure. Not really a week long type of stay but a great place to stop in for the night and not pay the higher rates of the embassy suites nearby (done it, ES is overpriced).

Reviews Are always interesting because everyone has a point of view. I think you can judge reliability through how often someone travels and where they stay. Feel free to scan my reviews.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank civileng68
AUDRA D, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale 17th Street Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2012

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We appreciate the time you have taken to comment on your stay with us. We do hope that you return, and share this experience with all who may need accomodations in Ft. Lauderale. Thank you again!

Reviewed 1 June 2012

My stay at this hotel was perfect. Great beds, breakfast, shuttle to & from the airport. The staff was friendly. I recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: They are very close to different restaurants in the area and Las Olas Boulevard. Rooms are excellen...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Vanessa G
AUDRA D, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale 17th Street Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2012

Thank you for your feedback. We truly are please that you enjoyed your stay. Comments like yours truly help us achieve our goal. Please do come and stay with us again in the near future.

All the best.

Reviewed 31 May 2012

I stayed in this hotel in late April for 5 days. It is a 15 minute walk to the convention centre. The front desk staff were very helpful and the shuttle bus drivers were exceptional. The rooms are well laid out with a sink, fridge and microwave. The buffet breakfast was adequate with fresh fruit, yogurt, cereal, toast and something hot. A great place to stay pre or post cruise too. There are plenty of restaurants of every standard and a good shopping mall with supermarket very close by.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank YourCruiseAdvisor
AUDRA D, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale 17th Street Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2012

Thank you for your comments. We truly value you and your input.