Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale 17th Street Convention Center
US$268
US$165
US$142
  • Pool
Riverside Hotel(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
US$151
US$144
US$111
Pier Sixty-Six Hotel & Marina(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$110
Official Site
US$167
  • Beachfront
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
US$217
US$228
  • Beachfront
US$218
1,381 results
All reviewscruise portpre cruiseharbor shopsoutback steakhousetotal winefree breakfastshuttle servicefree shuttlewet barairport shuttlewithin walking distancesitting areawould stay here againsun trolleynext morningstayed one nightyogurt
998 - 1,003 of 1,381 reviews
Reviewed 14 September 2012

This was the first time for me to stay at this hotel. I usually stay a bit further down the road at the Hilton Marina. I got the Hyatt through Priceline and wow was I impressed. The front desk guys were amazing - so friendly and helpful and they remembered you when you walked through the lobby.
The rooms have been renovated and mine (307) was excellent - end of the hall and very quiet. Coffee maker, fridge, safe, free wi-fi and huge 42 inch plasma television.
Excellent free breakfast and free shuttle within a 5 mile radius - only exception to that is that they do not go in and out of the port. A separate company handles the port and there is a $7 charge per person.
I had just disembarked from Allure of the Seas so I took a taxi which cost the minimum $10.
Publix, Walgreen, Ross and Dollarstore are close by and the Bimini Boatyard is a great place to eat.
I like watching the cruise ships sail out so I walked to the beach - it is a long walk, so take water or better use the shuttle.
Whilst I like the Hilton, the Hyatt has a lot of advantages. It is smaller so more personable, has free wi-fi, free breakfast and free shuttles. You can also use their free business centre computers to check in and print airline boarding passes. I will certainly try and stay here again.
Andrew

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank tocanada2
AUDRA D, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale 17th Street Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2012

Thank you so much for your comments. This is very critical to our hotel and we take this very serious. We value your comments and will use this feedback to assure our staff they are doing a great job and what is expected. Most certainly we do hope you come back and stay with us and share the great news with all.

All the best,

Reviewed 11 September 2012

My son and I just returned from three nights at the Ft Lauderdale Hyatt Place - Convention Center, room 321. I agree w/ the comments in the “just travel”, “ymcafl, “eedee” & “Mark R” reviews. I didn’t upload my photos, the ones in the “just travel” review are perfect. We have traveled extensively and were a little hesitant to book this "three" star hotel. As soon as we checked in I knew we had found a winner.
The taller guy and the two shorter guys at the front desk are knowledgeable, friendly and helpful. I wish I had caught their names. The breakfast staffers were polite and really hustled to keep the area clean and the food replenished. The huge room was newly renovated w/ two beds, a (smaller) bathroom, large LG TV w/ AV inputs, another separate area included a laptop desk, a sofa & ottoman, breakfast sink/counter, frig and a coffee maker. Breakfast was very good, (OK the coffee was weak and wasn’t Starbucks) and the fruit fresh cut.
We rented a car at the airport which I found unnecessary. The hotel shuttle was frequently used by other guests. Public transit, a bus and trolley type bus are found nearby. A brand new mall and OK shopping centers are nearby, all walkable. A busy casual seafood restaurant called South Port Raw Bar is nearby on the end of a canal and reminded me of the Key West Half Shell Oyster Bar.
There is a little confusion w/ another Hyatt Place. In some places on the internet I found this hotel labeled "Airport North" I think this is an old name that has been replaced with "Convention Center". There is another Hyatt Place called "Airport South". Internet searches reveal some confusion between the two Hyatt Places. Make sure you know where this Hyatt Place is located.
I found this Hyatt Place a great find. I heard the views from the top floor are great and I'll try to stay there next time. It is a very good value at a good location and the young staff do a great job. The frumpy manager types can learn a little from the staff. I will return to this hotel! Using value and quality as a measure I rate this hotel in the top 5% of my 100+ hotel stays.

Room Tip: The top floor, the fifth may be the nicest. The AC is pretty quiet and works great. If you need white noise at night you may need to bring a white noise machine with you. Many grocery stores are nearby.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank ArtBIII

Greetings!
Thank you so very much for the kind words. We use this feedback for training and for continuous improvement. We will be sure to share this with our staff. Hyatt Place does strive on insuring each guest has a memorable stay each time.

Thank you again and please be sure to share the great news about our hotel to all.

All the best,

Reviewed 6 September 2012

So, this was my final hotel I stayed at during my baseball trip around America. Once again, I got it on priceline for one night and when I discovered it was a Hyatt Place, I added a second night. They have become my favorite hotel because you know you will get the same great experience wherever you stay. I've stayed at Hyatt Place in Tampa Westshore, Kansas City/Metcalf and now here in Fort Lauderdale/17st. This property was almost finished with the renovation when I was there, August 23, 2012. My room #222 was a remodeled room and it was a wonderful escape from the heat and humidity. The staff was great and they featured the improved "skillet" breakfast. The hotel shuttle picked me up at the airport and returned me to the airport the next day, for free. I believe their shuttle has free rides within five miles of the hotel. The location is great because I did not rent a car but was able to use the local bus system and tourist trolley to get to the beach/Las Olas. The only dissapointment was that I was supposed to stay two nights but my Spirit flight from Orlando was cancelled and I had to spend a night at a non Hyatt Place hotel in Orlando, instead of at the Hyatt Place. If you are a cruiser like I am, 15 cruises so far and counting, this Hyatt Place is maybe two miles from Port Everglades, so it is very convenient. It is also next door to Total Wine where cruisers can stock up on wine and next door to the Publix for other needs. Like I said, the location rocks, the staff bend over backwards to help you, the rooms and soon the whole hotel is renovated. I had a great time and hope to stay there again next year before a cruise.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank justtravel
AUDRA D, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale 17th Street Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2012

Greetings...thank you so very much for this awesome review...We at Hyatt Place take our guests feedback very seriously and strive for a positive experience every stay. Please do share with your friends and family about our hotel and we hope to see you again real soon. In addition, my apologies for the delay in Orlando...All the best,

Reviewed 4 September 2012

My wife ,grandson and I spent labor day weekend at the hyatt. The rooms are newly renovated and very well appointed. The rooms were clean and housekeeping did a good job. They didn't replace used glasses or cups. We left a note and it was taken care of. The breakfast is as good as you will get at any hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank ymcafl
AUDRA D, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale 17th Street Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2012

Thank you for your comments in regards to your stay here at the Hyatt Plact Ft. Lauderdale. We appreciate the feedback and apologize for the items that were not replaced in your room originally. These comments have been addressed and corrected. We strive here to deliver excellent customer service and with your comments it only helps us become better. Please do come back and see us in the near future.

All the best!

Reviewed 1 September 2012

We didnt get as good a deal on this hotel as a lot of reviews I have read, but my experience there was worth what we paid. From the time the shuttle picked us up at the airport, we were treated like VIPs. Yes the driver opened doors for us and handled our bags. He was very friendly and informative on the ride to the hotel, and he stressed to us not to hesitate send for him if we needed to go anywhere. When we arrived at the hotel, Josh Stevens had the front desk. He went out of his way letting us know where everything was, restaurants, malls, dining, etc. He was just so informative and made us feel at home and welcomed. He even took notice to my husband's sport cap that he was wearing and gave a remark about the team. The husband admired that. The room was clean and comfortable. Held the six of us comfortably.The breakfast was adequate.The shuttle to the port was on time and not crowded. Everything went very well. Would definitly return for another pre cruise in the future. So many things within walking distance.

Room Tip: We could se our Carnival Cruise Ship from our window. Very close to port
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank eedee
AUDRA D, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale 17th Street Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2012

Greetings! Thank you so very much for your fantastic review of our hotel and your experience. It gives our team great pleasure to such a wonderful stay. We truly value every comment that we receive and share with our team only to get better and provide excellent customer service for a pleasant stay. Our shuttle staff is amazing, always going above and beyond, and with our front desk staff...they know what it takes to insure a great stay...thank you for the special kuddos to Josh Stevens...he is a super-fantastic part of our team and will be sure to let him know of your kind words. Thank you again and we do hope to see you again soon...

All the best!