There are some nice positives about this hotel, but unfortunately the negatives overwhelmed those. First, for the positives - the price on Hotwire was amazingly inexpensive; the staff is super-friendly and the room (free upgrade to a suite) was awesome with great bedding. There is free Internet, nice fitness center, pool and computer with printer to print boarding passes, etc.
Now for the negatives - 1. The free shuttle is nice but we waited for an hour in the blazing sun for the shuttle. I called 3 times and was told each time, it would be 10 - 15 minutes. Then the A/C was not working on the shuttle. 2. When we went down late in the evening to get a sandwich at the snack bar, I went into the breakfast area to get a plate. When I picked it up from the stack that was ready for breakfast the next morning, it was covered with ants. I took it to the desk clerk (who was getting our sandwiches) and she expressed no surprise and did not apologize. She said, "It's probably because they are wet.". I have no idea what that meant, but I wouldn't have eaten anything that came from that room. 3. If you're driving the location is fine, but it is in a dicey area where no one would want to walk to a nearby restaurant. The shuttle will take you, but you might have to wait for awhile for it. 4. The shuttle driver does not come on duty until 7 am. We had an early flight so we had to take a cab to the airport. 5. I called down about 11:30 pm to find out the procedure for the shuttle the next morning. The desk clerk said there would be no one in the morning to help with our luggage (although they were taken to the room earlier that day), but he would bring a cart to our room so we could be ready the next morning - in 10 - 15 min. At midnight I called back and was again told 10 - 15 min. I asked if he was actually going to come and he admitted he was alone at the desk and couldn't leave. Why did he offer in the first place?
This is actually a nice facility, but I feel they have serious staffing issues. I'll be in Ft. Lauderdale again in Nov., but I'll pay a little more and not stay here again. I should say that the "cleanliness" ratingis because of the ants - the room was very clean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly Renovated Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale 17th Street Convention Center ~ great location, conviently located 2 miles from the beach, 1 mile from the Ft. Lauderdale International Airport and Port Everglades Cruise Port. In addition, we are less than 1 mile from the Ft. Lauderdale Convention Center. We offer a complimentary shuttle to the Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport, a complimentay upgraded "hot AM Skillet" breakfast buffet, and 24 hour food cooked to order food options, or grab and go. We are within walking distance to Harbor Shops, Mezzaluna, and Outback to name a few. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale 17th Street Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale Airport - North Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale
- Hyatt Fort Lauderdale