Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale 17th Street Convention Center
Ranked #13 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
victoria, bc
“excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2013

A very busy weekend in Fort Lauderdale forced me to choose a different hotel than the one usually used. This was a very good choice! Every thing seems new, the staff very good, breakfast one of the best ever for an included meal, rooms large and well furnished. In a very quiet area. Shuttle to the cruise ships was very well organized. Highly recomnended.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AUDRA D, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale 17th Street Convention Center, responded to this review, 4 February 2013
Greetings and thank you for your "excellent" review of our hotel. We do take great pride in providing great service and accomodations to each and every guest every stay. Thank you again for the review and we do hope to see you again real soon. Best,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
  • Hebrew first
DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2013

I recently stayed at the Hyatt Place 17th St. Convention Center hotel the night before my cruise. I booked using Priceline Express Deals and got the room for $124 plus tax for the night. It was worth every penny. They provided a free airport shuttle and a very nice breakfast was included. The location was overall pretty good, however it is not within easy walking distance to the beach area, but I knew that before I got there. There is not a whole lot to do if you are staying here for a long time without a car. I arrived at 1:00 pm and had a whole day to spend, and it can be difficult if you don't have a rental car, but it works out. The cab fare from the hotel to the beach area is around $10 (flat rate) depending on traffic. It's about a 40 minute walk if you attempt to walk to the beach area from the hotel. It is a nice walk over the causeway but other than that your'e walking next to the main road. There was a nice pool area in the back with places to sit down with tables. Parking is not free, a fee of $5 is charged and your credit card will be charged $25 for incidentals, but will be credited back if nothing happens. The room was big, clean, and spacious with a big flat screen TV with good channels. There were plenty of sitting areas and the beds were very comfortable. The room was perfect for a family with teenagers. I would definitely recommend this hotel for short stays before or after cruises.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your great review. We not only cater to the cruise passenger clientele, however, all types are welcome and encouraged to stay with Hyatt Place. With all the ammenities and the great location ~ it is a win win for all. We do hope you share your positive stories abut our hotel with your friends and family. See you soon, Best
Cary, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2013

In October 2012 we stayed at this hotel on the night before our cruise and the night after we returned. I had to make a sudden trip to Fort Lauderdale and while trying to think of a place to stay I remember our stay here and booked a room. There is a free shuttle to and from the airport, a free breakfast every morning and the staff is friendly and helpful.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Carol H
Thank you for your great review and comments on what a great place to stay. We do take our guests feebback very seriously and share with our teams to make it a most memorable experience for each and every guest each and every stay. Thank you again, and we do hope to see you again real soon. All the best,
Willis, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2013

This hotel is in a super convenient location. The grounds and entrance and lobby were always clean and well lit for the two weeks I stayed here.
I booked online and when I checked in, I was told that there were no available rooms that had a king size bed, so they put me in a different room. No biggy as I was alone.
My room was huge. I had a sofa, a work desk, a coffee pot, a mini fridge. There were to double beds and lots of counter space in the bathroom area. I also had a decent view. The bed was very comfy, the only thing I would like is to have a more firm pillow. This hotel has food available like room service, but they don't bring it to you, you have to get it from the front desk attendant. The front desk is conjoined with a small bar that is next to the area that is used for the breakfast serving area. The lobby is in an open floor plan and the colors are all very welcoming.
Breakfast was impressive in my opinion for a buffet style. They had a nice variety.
They do offer a shuttle bus to and from the airport free of charge. There is a bus that will take you to the cruise terminal for a small fee.
The hotel does have do it yourself laundry facilities located on the first floor. There is also a fitness center and pool.
There is a strip center with a grocery store located within about a five minute walk. This was great since I stayed here for two weeks.
My room was located on the fifth floor away from the elevator, this was nice as there were a lot of kids running up and down the halls pushing the buttons and screaming.

I will most definitely stay here again when I return to Fort Lauderdale.

Room Tip: If you want quiet then a room at the end of a hall.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your response and elaborate review of our hotel and the surrounding areas. We always try to provide service so memorable that our guests share stories about it in the postive manner. We do hope to see you again real soon.

All the best!
Nassau, New Providence Island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2013

We stayed at the Hyatt Place for a sailing regatta at the Lauderdale Yacht Club. The rooms were spacious, with 2 double beds and a double pull out couch. I slept on the couch with my youngest daughter and it was comfortable. My older 2 kids assure me that the beds were very comfortable! The room could accomodate a family of 6 easily. You can hear hall noise pretty easily from the pullout bed, so if you are planning on using it, I would request a room away from the elevator.
The breakfast was good, but don't get your heart set on the steel cut oats they advertise, as packets of instant oatmeal was what was offered. There was yogurt- flavored and plain, fresh but basic (cantelope, honeydew, grapes, pineapple) fruit salad, breakfast sandwiches and different griddle specialties (pancakes, frenchtoast) daily. Bagels and packaged looking pasteries and muffins were available as well. A pretty good offering for a free breakfast. The coffee was not bad either. Many of the people staying at this hotel are going on cruises, so the lobby is packed with people waiting for shuttle buses in the morning. This can make breakfast a crowded affair as well. It is difficult to check out and get your bags to your car if you are unlucky to be checking out at the same time. There is an automated check in/ check out kiosk in the lobby if you do not want to wait on line to check in/out.
I used the exercise room and it was adequate, with TV screens on the machines. You need to bring your own headphones. Water and towels are provided, but there was no spray or wipes to sanitize the machines before and after use. I did not use the pool. It is outdoors, but it must be heated as people were swimming in it.
There is an Outback steakhouse next door, and a shopping center a short walk away. We did not go there, so I am not sure what shops are there.
Overall the stay was fine and the room was very comfortable for my family of 4.

Room Tip: Chose a room away from the elevator as hallway noise easily travels into the rooms
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Bahamas242
AUDRA D, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale 17th Street Convention Center, responded to this review, 1 February 2013
Thank you for your review and the time you spent writting. We sincerely appreciate all the feedback and will use this to only better ourselves and the product in which we deliver. We do hope that you will use our hotel again in the near future and share your stories with your family and friends. All the best,
New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2013

I just completed a 4 night stay here. Very comfy bed, excellent breakfast, great location....BUT, the internet access was horrific. It was erratic at best, I went about a day and a half with none at all,even the 2 PC's in the business center had awful connections. I don't know if there was just a problem with the company they get service from those particular days I was there, but I wouldn't return unless I had assurances that it had been addressed. Anytime I did bring it up with hotel staff, they seemed absolutely clueless as to how to address it.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Blackjack_player954
AUDRA D, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale 17th Street Convention Center, responded to this review, 30 January 2013
Thank you for your feedback about your stay at our hotel. Please accept our apologies in regards to the internet. We are aware of the situation and have contacted the company to restore the additional bandwidth for ease and conveinance of high volume usage at our hotel. We know how important being able to use the internet is, therefore, we have made this top priority in getting resolved efficiently. We do hope that you will give us another chance so can experience our hotel now that the issue has been reslolved. All the best!
W Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2013

Nearly everyone who was at this hotel the night we were there were leaving on a cruise the next day.
They will pick you up at the airport, though I'm told some people had to wait awhile for their shuttle. I called the hotel, and a shuttle came very quickly.
They also will provide a shuttle to the ship for $7 per person. This seemed like the thing to do, but many people took a cab. It's not very far, so a cab might be a good option.
There was a nice selection of breakfast food, though the breakfast area was quite small, as was the lobby (there were about 150 people waiting for their shuttle).
There's an Outback Steakhouse very close, as well as a nice-looking "high-end" Italian restaurant. We ate at the Outback and it was very good.
The room was great, very clean and plenty of everything, good beds, etc.
There is even a small bar in the lobby if you want a nightcap. I'd stay here again if I were taking a cruise.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AUDRA D, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale 17th Street Convention Center, responded to this review, 25 January 2013
Greetings!

Thank you for feedback... we take great pride in your review of our hotel. We do also cater to the corporate guest, business meetings, or pleasure, we are always looking to host any traveler and make each stay a most memorable one. Thank you again and hope to see you again real soon, Best,