I often stay at Hyatt Place properties and enjoy the large, nicely-furnished rooms with the classic high-quality mattreses for which Hyatt is known. This property is off a busy east-west street (SE 17th Street) which leads to the beach area and is very convenient to Port Everglades, FLL airport and Route 1 and I-95. All the staff (well, maybe not the younger guy on the overnight shift) including housekeepers seemed genuinely friendly and anxious to help.
A couple of things to note that aren't deal-breakers but you should know: the nicely-maintained pool doesn't get much morning or late afternoon sun * proximity to the port means that there are a lot of transient guests there for one-night either coming from or going to a cruise who obviously don't get out much (take that for whatever you wish) * the hot items on the breakfast buffet were obviously selected by corporate types who never have to eat them after deciding others will (great coffee, though).
The courtesy shuttle between the hotel and the airport was very popular. Even though I didn't use it, it was apparent that reservations are necessary in both directions unless you want to wait until space is available after those who did reserve.
I'll stay there again, no doubt, and will look forward to their friendly, capable staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly Renovated Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale 17th Street Convention Center ~ great location, conviently located 2 miles from the beach, 1 mile from the Ft. Lauderdale International Airport and Port Everglades Cruise Port. In addition, we are less than 1 mile from the Ft. Lauderdale Convention Center. We offer a complimentary shuttle to the Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport, a complimentay upgraded "hot AM Skillet" breakfast buffet, and 24 hour food cooked to order food options, or grab and go. We are within walking distance to Harbor Shops, Mezzaluna, and Outback to name a few. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale 17th Street Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale Airport - North Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale
- Hyatt Fort Lauderdale