“Pre and Post Cruise Gem”

Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale 17th Street Convention Center
Ranked #15 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 18 October 2013

We stayed before and after our cruise. The staff was extremely helpful with information, directions and making a reservation. The room was roomy, clean and cool. We ordered a couple of late snacks and they were well worth the money. They were hot, tasty and plenty for both of us.

The drivers were helpful and friendly. We didn't have to wait very long for the van to arrive either.

Good location with a grocery store, pubs and restaurants all around.

Definitely recommend this place for cruisers.

Room Tip: They don't deliver the food, but call you so you can pick it up. The couch makes into a very co...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Sugarfoot45
AudraDOS, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale 17th Street Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Thank you Sugarfoot45 for your kind review and time spent in writting. We certainly appeciate the feedback and hope to see you again in the near future. Your comments will surely be shared with our team to continue delivering stellar accomodations and service whether your traveling on business or leisure. Thank you agian, Audra Dos

Write a ReviewReviews (1,334)

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Nice hotel, very typical for a Hyatt Place. Service was very good. Free breakfast was typical.

Did not give an "excellent" rating as the location is not super-great, but was adequate for what we needed. We were just spending the night before getting onto a cruise ship. For that it was fine, but not sure I'd go there to vacation.

Also, they charged for parking, and not really an area that I would expect to have a parking charge. Felt that was a bit excessive and they were just trying to get more money out of me.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
AudraDOS, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale 17th Street Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Greetings Kevin O!
Thank you for your informative review. We appreciate your time in writting your experieince and comments about your stay and do hope to see you again in the near future. All the best, Audra

Reviewed 10 October 2013

We stayed two nights at the end of September before a cruise. Arrived at the airport and proceeded to the kiosk for hotel shuttle phones. A short wait, and we were delivered by a friendly driver to the Hyatt Place in their complimentary shuttle.

We arrived with a full shuttle, so check-in took a little, but the personal service that everyone was receiving made it worthwhile. The property is clean, up to date, conveniently located near restaurants and shopping, and the on-property bar was a plus. The breakfast was good for a self-serve style complimentary breakfast.

Our room was clean and modern.

The staff was friendly, and knowledgable about the area and things to do.

Although we were told by others that a cab would be more convenient and cost less, we signed up for the shuttle to the port that is provided on-site by an outside contractor for $7 each person. Because the port was so busy when we arrived, we waited in traffic for quite a while trying to get to the cruise terminal drop off area. I mention this because a couple that I talked to who took a cab were charged a fee for every minute they sat in traffic waiting to get to the drop off point at the terminal. When it was all said and done, they paid the same amount for 2 people in a cab as we did for 4 people in the shuttle.

We recommend the Hyatt Place 17th Street Convention Center for a pre and/or post-cruise stay in Fort Lauderdale.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Rod H
AudraDOS, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale 17th Street Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Greetings Rod H!

Thank you for your wonderful review and very specific information. We certainly will share this great news with our staff for continuous improvement. At Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale Convention CEnter, we do strive on delivering stellar customer service as well as maintaining exceptional accomodations. Hope to see you again! All the best, Audra

Reviewed 4 October 2013

I flew into FLL the day before my cruise. I love Hyatt Places and this location did not disappoint. It was on par with all the other Hyatt Places I have visited. LOVE THEM!!

Sunday I was being rushed and left my cell phone in my room. I didn't notice it missing until I had arrived to the port. I immediately returned to the hotel with a cab waiting outside to search for my cell phone. The front desk guy asked the room attendant to take me to my room to check for my phone. Sure enough it was on the bar right where I left it. The room attendant just earned a fat tip from me. Phew!! I was so relieved to find my phone.

Thanks Hyatt for setting high standards on customer service.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank tip70ton
AudraDOS, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale 17th Street Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Greetings Tip70ton! Thank you for this wonderful review in regards to your stay and our staff. We seriously appreciate and will share with our staff to continue to receive service so memorable stories such as yours. At Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale, we take great pride in our customer service and accommodations. We hope to see you again real soon. All the best, Audra

Reviewed 4 October 2013

I have been eager to write this review since day 1 of staying here. My husband and I checked in to the hotel on Sept. 25. We were warmly greeted by Gino and he made us feel at home by recommending Fort Lauderdale restaurants, attractions, and general tips/advice. I was impressed by the size of the room and open concept layout. The only drawback of the room was that I discovered little red ants in the closet and on the bathroom sinks. My husband called the front desk to report the problem and Stu went above and beyond to accommodate us. He helped us move into a new room and gave us 2 complimentary drink vouchers

The location of the hotel is prime. Since we wanted to save $$$, we picked up a week's worth of groceries at the Publix right across the street. There are also various restaurants that are easy to walk to (be sure to try Mezzaluna's next store). The front desk will give you two complimentary drinks to Mezzaluna's if you ask. We drove to the beach, which was about a 5 minute drive. You can also take the nearby trolley for a very low price.

Breakfast was filling and delicious! I especially enjoyed the hot breakfast sandwiches and pancakes. The pool was empty every time we swam in it. The hotel kept it clean and pristine. I was very satisfied with the value of the amenities this hotel provided! The only drawback was the $5 parking.

The real gem of this hotel is definitely the staff. They go above and beyond to make their guests feel at home and provide top notch service. I would like to give huge kudos to Stu, Gino, and Conner for their professionalism and hospitality. You can tell they work very hard and love their job. They were always friendly, helpful, and accommodating. There were a few minor incidents that would have lowered my score to a 4, but the staff corrected them instantly. That is true service.

Thank you to the Hyatt for making our 1 year wedding anniversary a time we will never forget! We greatly appreciate you making us feel at home on our vacation. I cannot wait to come back soon!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Rachel K

Greetings Rachel K!

Thank you for your great review at our hotel Service defiantly can be a winning factor! I will certainly share this with our team to only continue deliver such stellar service to all our guests. Thank you for the kind mentioned of the gallery hosts in your review. We hope to see you again in the near future.

All the best, Audra

Reviewed 29 September 2013

We stayed before a Cruise, on Sept ,2013 when we arrived the frount desk was no manned,and appeared to be snack bar ????

good Breakfast, airport shuttle was free , shuttle to the Cruise port cost $7.00 each

Room was clean. we had ants by the sink on the 4th floor. and the safety lock connecting room
door heeded to be repaired while there.

we get shave cream at the hotel when we fly, Hilton ,holiday express , and comfort it is free
we had to pay for parking and the shave cream.

The bathtub was very slippery, and hinges were crome and rusty and the storage was bad, closet was very small out of the way (would not fit any suitcase and the only drawers had the Ants

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank wck85
AudraDOS, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale 17th Street Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Greetings! wck85! Thank you for you review. Our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience that you may encountered during your stay here. We do strive to insure every guest will have the most enjoyable stay providing excellent services and accommodations. We do hope that you will come back to Ft. Lauderdale and consider our hotel as your destination hotel. Thank you again, and wishing you all the best. Audra

Reviewed 29 September 2013

This was my 2nd experience of a Hyatt Place hotel in Florida, and once again it didn't disappoint.

You get a lot of room for not a lot of money, which provides great value.

The only downside on this occassion was waiting 50 mins for the Shuttle bus from the airport, despite 2 calls to the hotel. (To be fair, staff were very apologetic)

Highly recommend.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank LittleBoyBlue

Greetings Little Boy Blue! Thank you for you kind review. We sincerely appreciate your time in reviewing our hotel. We certainly will share with our staff to only continue delivering excellent accommodations and service. Thank you again and we do hope to see you again in the near future. All the best, Audra