My husband and I stayed here August 1st, the night before our cruise The hotel is clean, staff was nice and even offered to give us a tour of the facilities when checking in. Our room was very clean and on the whole quiet except for the noisy guests down the hall that kept slamming their door to the room and the stairway. We had requested a room close to the elevators due to medical reasons and it appeared that request was ignored as we were in the very last room down the hall. We didn't complain however because the hallways are short and the room was only 5 room doors down. I was unhappy though that the door to the stairs which was directly across from the room was slammed repeatedly. That did stop though, at approximately 1030pm, making for a good night's sleep on a very comfortable bed. The a/c is thermostatically controlled but is an under the window unit right next to the bed that makes for a very cold bed on that side so we had to turn the a/c up to make it warmer. Bathrooms are clean but quite small, shower pressure was very good. .
The hotel, when we walked in appeared very "tight", like everything was stuffed into a very small space. As you walk in, the check in/out desk is right in front with a seating area with small tables & chairs on the left. On the right is a cooler with beverages, salads and snacks for sale and next to that is a small grill/bar area with seating for approx 10 people. There is also a small "buffet/kitchen area for the free breakfast which was actually pretty good and refilled quickly. After getting our breakfast, there was nowhere to sit & eat, all seats were taken, even in the overflow room that was large but only had 3, maybe 4 tables (!) so we took the food to the room.
We did use the grill and had soup and burgers the evening of our arrival, which were tasty. My husband went down to pick it up though and it was not in carry out containers but on dinner plates which he had to carry up to the room! No tray provided. They were aware that we were taking it to the room as we asked when placing the order if they would deliver (they do not) or if we had to pick it up. I couldn't believe it when he walked in, crazy!
I can't speak of the shuttle service since we had our car.
The hotel basically was very clean, rooms were quiet and large and we enjoyed our stay. The lobby though, definitely needs more space.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly Renovated Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale 17th Street Convention Center ~ great location, conviently located 2 miles from the beach, 1 mile from the Ft. Lauderdale International Airport and Port Everglades Cruise Port. In addition, we are less than 1 mile from the Ft. Lauderdale Convention Center. We offer a complimentary shuttle to the Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport, a complimentay upgraded "hot AM Skillet" breakfast buffet, and 24 hour food cooked to order food options, or grab and go. We are within walking distance to Harbor Shops, Mezzaluna, and Outback to name a few. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale 17th Street Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale Airport - North Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale
- Hyatt Fort Lauderdale