“Best Kept Secret in Fort Lauderdale!”
Review of Eleventh Street Annex - CLOSED

Eleventh Street Annex
Cuisines: Soups
Dining options: Lunch, Seating
Dining options: Lunch, Seating
Fort Lauderdale
“Best Kept Secret in Fort Lauderdale!”
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

The two sisters turn out some delicious food in this tiny off the beaten path restaurant. Open 11:30 -2:00 M-F and the first Saturday of every month. I ate here this past Saturday with friends and the food was amazing! We had Chicken and Waffles and Buffalo Sliders along with the homemade Banana Cream Cake! This restaurant has a huge local following. Not fine dining but the food is amazing. Expect to come and take your time! It's not a quick in and out!

Visited August 2014

Ft. Lauderdale
“"Para chuparse los dedos" Finger licking good”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

First, let me say that I am in love with everything that is Eleventh Street Annex.

Eleventh Street Annex is a Fort Lauderdale gem. Open from 11:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. daily, and the 1st Saturday of the month. I have only been twice, but if could go everyday I would. This gem is owned by two gems, Jonny and Penny, who make you believe in the goodness of everyone. I love them. There is no set menu, so the delights await when you arrive, and the selections are always tantalizing to the tongue. I love that.

Yesterday, I had the Lamb Shank that was fall off the bone tender, with mashed potatoes and peas. The gravy was hearty, rich, dark and robust and was perfectly seasoned. The mashed potatoes we light and melted in your mouth, and the peas were delightful. OMG, I loved it. I was making so much noise enjoying my meal, that I apologized to the people around me. But being regulars, they understood my delight, and seemed happy that my taste buds and I were having such a good time.

For dessert I had the bread pudding that was firm, with bite sized pieces of bread that was served with a sauce and a dollop of fresh whipped cream. It wasn't too sweet like some bread puddings are, it was perfect. The bread pudding had a vanilla sauce that was so good, if I wasn't afraid of overdosing on goodness, I would drink it straight. Have I said that I'm in love.

By the time I arrived, the place was packed and people were raving about everything that was on the menu. One of the desserts, a salted caramel brownie was a huge hit, as was the upside down, apple pie something or other. Had I had room, I would have ordered everything, but your meal truly leaves you blissfully satisfied.

And Jonny and Penny. I love them. They are warm, funny, talented, charming, beautiful women who serve you in their restaurant as if you are sitting in their homes. They are amazing. And the regulars, they don't believe in strangers. They refer to Jonny and Penny as "the girls". They are a warm, close nit group that welcomes you, shares their love of Eleventh Street Annex and of "the girls". I love it.

But wait, there is more. These regulars include the four legged variety also, that happily sit at the feet of their owners, out of anyone's way. They are friendly and lovable and I have never seen them beg for a morsel.

I am so sorry it took me so long to find this place, but am I thankful that I did. I am in love with the Eleventh Street Annex, "the girls", and all of the regulars.

This place is a must!!!

Next time, I will take photos.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Tracy C
“Great Find!”
Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

Veg options. Lots of regular locals. Always a good sign. Delightful flavors and choices. Find this place! You will be glad you did.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“My Favorite Restaurant”
Reviewed 15 June 2013

I have been going here since it first opened. The food and sisters are wonderful. I have sisters who live in the Midwest and who on their frequent visits always try to arrange their flights to allow us to head right to the 'sisters' for lunch from the airport. A great 'little' place!!

• Visited May 2013
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Phenomenal Little Place”
Reviewed 26 March 2013

A few of my co-workers and I eat lunch regularly at the Eleventh Street Annex because the food is amazing and the service is great. This restaurant is located in a small single-family house adjacent to the Lutheran Church (i.e. annex) and is run by sisters that are caterers by trade, and therefore they have no set menu. Each day five or six lunch items are offered, all at $9, including at least one vegetarian selection. Everything I've ever eaten there has been out of this world. Paninis, butternut squash ravioli, irish guiness stew (for St. Patrick's Day), tarts, and homemade soups are all phenomenal. Go see the Two Ugly Sisters (that's the name of their catering company, I swear!) Penny and Jonny. You'll be glad you did.

• Visited March 2013