“Worst hotel ever!”

Inverrary All Inclusive Vacation Resort
Ranked #122 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
“Worst hotel ever!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

I can't stand this hotel. This hotel is full of pot heads who blaze up every day all day. I wake up to the smell of weed in our bathroom. Walking outside the hotel you smell weed. The service sucks. I dont have a problem with the front desk people.They need to screen their customers or have cops with drug sniffing dogs at the entrance. And you have people who slam doors all day and open and close their back doors all day non stop. All eight floors you smell weed and cigarettes. The hallways stink and smell. They need to update this hotel and redo every room and floor.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank DisneyDreams2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Polish first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

I am staying here right now. In fact I just got to my "upgraded" room a few minutes ago. I can't believe what a disaster this hotel is. I read thr reviews and I should have known better. But I read the management replys that said the upgraded rooms are better. BEWARE they are NOT. I will be posting pictures of my "upgraded" room as soon as im done writing so you too will know to avoid! First impression of the room was 1) Dated and 2)broken. Broken is literally the only word to describe it. The AC unit is so rusted it looks like they pulled it out of the dump this morning. The stove is also cracked and does not work. There is an old tube tv in the room that half the screen is green and blurry. The lightswitch to the "kitchenette" does not work half the time its flipped. There is rust ob every piece of metal in the room and dust on everything else. I went down to the front desk assurrd they must have put me in an unrenovated room and all they offered was another toom (only if I paid more) and a repair person who only just now as im writing this knocked on my door. And he also just left w/o doing anything. I have to stay the rest of the week here as I don't have time or anymore money to go somewhere (anywhere) else than here. Please please please do not make my mistake do not trust the staff response to other bad reviews I did and I regret it so much right now. There are no upgrads in this hotel. And I am in a living nightmare for the next week. As I said I will now upload photos so make sure you check and see what the "upgraded" room is before you make the mistake I did

• Stayed June 2014
6 Thank Sarah K
fl
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Carpet was filthy, mildew in bathroom. Had to change room 2x. Keys didn't work.
The people at the front desk are nice and quite polite, but there is nothing the can do about the state of the rooms. I will not stay here ever again.

Room Tip: No good ones
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank raquel11236
Lansing, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

excellent establishment.clean,good service,friendly and experienced staff.Our family would return to this hotel anytime!I read some of the reviews and they were far from the truth.we enjoyed every aspect of this hotel and I know you will too!

Room Tip: enjoy your stay
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank david j
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel with two of my sisters in early May.
We booked one room with two double beds (queen beds whatever).

The first room was smelly, the shower curtain was old, discolored and moldy, the wall paper was peeling.

The second room had a roach in it, a moldy shower curtain and absolutely filthy carpet...

The third room - the hall way to the room was so smelly it made me nauseous and I refused to even see the room.

The fourth room was smelly, the wood floor was - well it did not feel clean. The comforters on the bed smelled like they were on that bed for several cycles of guests, and the wall paper was falling off the wall.

The fifth room we settled on because it was close to 3 am - and we were sick of "touring" the hotel. The Shower head had very little pressure, the bath tub was uneven - yes - I know - an uneven bath tub - is that even possible? Yes!

There was no carpet in this room and so we deducted that the rug was the cause for the horrible odor. We removed the comforters because they still smelled and the shower curtain was discolored but no mold this time - horrible! I felt so unclean after checking out and the manager on duty made me call the booking site and cancel my stay and then call my bank and release my funds... he was unhelpful and uncaring and only added fuel to the already negative situation.

This is no 3 star property!

Book at your own risk - I actually bought all new clothes just because I feared bugs may have crawled into mine...

Room Tip: There are none at this hotel. I booked one room and toured several and stayed only six hours - wh...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank tamillej
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

Had an ok stay.. What makes this place is the costumer service. The front office manager was AMAZING and very accommodating. this hotel needs much TLC but it seems as though they have started that. When they are done this place will be awesome as long as they keep this manager

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Sawgrass Grand Hotel
#4 of 4 in Sunrise
3.0 of 5 bubbles 1,040 reviews
Ramada Fort Lauderdale Oakland Park
Ramada Fort Lauderdale Oakland P...
#63 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
La Quinta Inn Ft. Lauderdale Tamarac East
La Quinta Inn Ft. Lauderdale Tam...
#108 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Tamarac
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Laud...
#68 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - Andrews Ave.
Extended Stay America - Fort Lau...
#112 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale

Been to Inverrary All Inclusive Vacation Resort? Share your experiences!