“Wonderful”

Ranked #32 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
Tucson, Arizona
“Wonderful”
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Great downtown location AND GREAT VALUE ! Perfect for walking to shoppes and restaurants !
Love the cool , hip rooms with wood flooring , carpet is always a turnoff in Florida . I have stayed here twice and it's a fun place with a rooftop pool and small bar . I would stay here again and have recommended to friends . Beds are fresh , white linens and comfy . Showers are contemporary and large .
Can't believe the inexpensive rates ... I hope they maintain . Very special !

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Catherine O, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Fort Myers River District, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Thanks so much for your kind review. We value all of our guests and we try to focus on being a guest engaged hotel. We hope you come back and visit with us again! Downtown is very charming with a beautiful new waterfront to enjoy. Thanks again and Happy Holiday!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed 26 November 2013

The only real nice hotel in beautiful down town Ft Myers Florida. The rates are reasonable and the service is excellent. Two restaurants are in the lobby and many more are with in short walking distance. The rooftop bar offers excellent views of the river district.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a great review. I am glad you enjoyed our upscale boutique hotel. I hope you had the chance to explore our charming downtown neighborhood. We have lots of nice restaurants and shops! We have great walking tours as well.
Please come and stay with us again. Happy Holidays!
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Stayed here overnight recently and was pretty pleased with the room. I was very disappointed that I could not have a refrigerator in my room unless I upgraded to a suite for $50 more. As a nursing mom away from my baby, I needed a place to store my breast milk. I was traveling with my mom and the set up of the suite - one king bed and a pull-out sofa just wasn't the sleeping arrangement I was interested in spending more money on. So I was told I could not have a refrigerator. However, the staff was accommodating, allowing me to store my milk in their staff refrigerator. I wasn't very keen on leaving my milk in a refrigerator that people I don't know could access, but I had little choice. It would be nice if they had some small refrigerators available for these types of situations.

The pool is small but perfect. We loved the location, walking distance to the courthouse, shopping, and dining. If I needed to return to Ft Myers, I would stay here again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are sorry you could not obtain a refrigerator, we only can accomodate them in the larger rooms. We are also very pleased that our staff could assist you with your new mom requirements. I hope you come back and stay with us in the future. Please have a Wonderful Holiday season. Best wishes on your new family member. We look forward to having you stay with us again.
Florida
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I do a great deal of business travel in the US and often just relegate myself to a few nights in a typical Holiday or Fairfield Inn. With some good advanced planning I was able to try this hotel for a 2 night stay while on business at rate of $109 per night. I was more than pleasantly surprised by this facility. The room was large, comfortable, and extremely well decorated. The bathroom rivaled those found in many homes. It even had a double sink. An efficient work space and a full complement of cable channels made it tough to actually leave for the day to attend business. The Bistro restaurant served a great pan seared grouper on Thursday, and Friday’s breakfast was perfect at a more than reasonable price. Although the restaurant didn’t serve dinner the night before there was a sushi place called Ichiban in the lobby that worked out fine. The renovation of the downtown river district of Ft. Myers is coming along nicely and there are many other good restaurants in easy walking distance. I will most certainly be booking at this hotel next year.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Catherine O, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Fort Myers River District, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
I am so glad you got the chance to stay in Hotel Indigo in charming Fort Myers. The downtown area is really booming with so much to do. Thanks so much for taking the time to write such a nice review and we would love to have you come and stay with us again. Over the upcoming Holidays we have so much going on downtown!
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 26 October 2013

The room was clean with kind of a hipster vibe. It felt like a converted bank building from the 60's. The shower was really nice and modern. You have to either park on the street or pay $14 for valet parking....my boss is not excited about that on an expense report. One very irritating thing about the bed, the mattress had a plastic cover on it. It crinkled all night like a toddler bed. I guess older people visiting Ft Myers might be prone to pee on the bed? Not sure (maybe it was just room 411?) but I cannot remember that experience in 20+ years of business travel.

I will take a garden variety Holiday Inn Express that doesn't have a mattress cover!

Room Tip: Ask for a room without a plastic mattress cover on the bed!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Dad05
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Fort Myers River District, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Dear Dad05,

Thank you for your feedback. It is good to know you enjoyed the shower. I can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us and for that please accept my sincere apologies if your stay was negatively affected by the condition of the bed. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention and trust that we will address the issues and assure you that proper measures will be taken for improvements.

Again, thank you for your patronage and for sharing your thoughts. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Pinehurst, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 25 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

What a nice surprise Hotel Indigo was! We arrived late one night and were thrilled with the room. We had a corner room, and it was huge and very comfortable. The only thing we didn't like was the lack of shelves in the bathroom.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Catherine O, Manager at Hotel Indigo Fort Myers River District, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Thanks so much for your recent review. We value all of our guests and look forward to having you stay with us again soon. Much thanks
Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed 25 October 2013

There was several of us that stayed for several nights. The room are wonderful and clean but the thing that impressed me the most was the staff not only in the hotel but also in the all the eating places in the hotel and around it were the best I had every seen. They went above and beyond to make everyone feel welcome and keep us happy. I want to say thank you to the entire staff

Room Tip: The corner rooms are great
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Wow what a nice compliment. I am very proud of my staff and feel they really do engage our guests to have a truly inspiring and relaxing stay. Please come and stay with us again and thanks so much for taking the time to write such a nice review.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Myers
Edison at Midtown
#24 of 59 in Fort Myers
Crowne Plaza Fort Myers at Bell Tower Shops
Best Western Fort Myers Waterfront
Best Western Fort Myers Waterfro...
#1 of 4 in North Fort Myers
Hyatt Place Fort Myers at The Forum
Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers - Colonial Blvd

Been to Hotel Indigo Fort Myers River District? Share your experiences!