“Beautiful hotel, great downtown location.”

Hotel Indigo Fort Myers River District
Ranked #31 of 58 Hotels in Fort Myers
Lake Odessa, Michigan
“Beautiful hotel, great downtown location.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

I made this reservation 6 mos. inadvance so we could be close by the Edison Light Parade on Feb. 15, 2014. I called by 11Am and told them we would be arriving by 2PM and could we please get into our rooms at that time (check in time is 4PM). One of our balacony rooms was ready at 2PM and 4 people sat in that room until 5PM. We checked several times with the front desk to see if our room was ready. I was told that the front desk person had gone to help housekeeping with cleaning the rooms. We were called at 5PM and told ouir 2nd room was ready. Since I paid for balcony rooms I went out on the 1st room balcony, when I was coming back in the sliding door opened so quickly my fingers were smashed. When we got to our 2nd room I was careful opening the door (to keep from smashing my hand) and when I came inside from the balcony I opened the door (from outside) and the doored so quickly & goes so far without a stop. The handle slams up against the 2nd sliding door and also smashed my fingers again. I brought this up to the front off staff when we left the next morning & filled out an email surey about my experince there. The bathroom shower rooms allow glass to flow out the bottom and make floors in the bathroom covered with water. The rooms were very gorgeous and very spacious. In the morning we received complimentary brakfast which is excellent.

Room Tip: We paid more for balcony rooms but they only look over builidng roofs, I will not request these more...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Fayetteville, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

When I arrived here I had come directly from a $600/night resort in Naples. FL. I thought I was going to be taking a step down with this hotel. Nope, that wasn't the case at all. In fact, I felt like this was an upgrade. The room was sheik, with some really modern, fun decor that made the room quite relaxing. Cleanliness was top notch and the hotel staff could not have been more helpful and it was perfectly situated downtown.

There was also a really nice rooftop bar and pool. Though, I will warn you, the entire clientele could have been older than my grandparents.) Aside from that, it was a great location, with a great view.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Catherine O, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Fort Myers River District, responded to this review, 1 March 2014
Thanks so much for your wonderful review. We are always happy when our guests have a wonderful experience and pride ourselves on cleanliness and great customer satisfaction. Please come and visit us again we enjoy our repeat guests.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

We were joining friends for an event in Fort Myers ,we understood from the reception staff this was the only hotel within walking distance of the centre. We asked if we could view the room-this was refused we couldn't even view a picture of the room , assistance with this was refused .after we paid for a standard room we were informed that we couldn't access the accommodation until 4.30 pm !! The staff were surly,unhelpful,did not inform us of any arrangements for breakfast the next morning,argumentative(denied our booking was in their system when we returned at 4 30pm until we showed our receipt) contemptuous and downright rude!!
The room was small ,bed was uncomfortable with lumpy cushions instead of pillows ,no heating so room was freezing all night ,coffee maker did not work(tepid water) and although we were promised a view it was of an industrial roof! The decor was garish and there was NO information about the hotel in the room at all
We paid approx 189 dollars for the night and for that we expected some form of breakfast or at least we should have been informed it was 'room only'.
The only upside of our experience was that we had to find somewhere to eat in the town centre and what a find...the United Cafe bar,good food,good atmosphere ,good service --we suggest that next time The Indigo do staff training ,if ever ,they consult the owners of The United cafe bar to see how it's done!!

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Cath O
Thank you for informing us of your stay at Hotel Indigo. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations. We do have a restaurant that is open for breakfast 7days a week. When we are so busy in season we do not have rooms to show to our guests because our hotel fills up so fast.
I would love for you to try us again so we may show you how wonderful we really are. None of the situations you mentioned are standard for us. We pride ourselves on good customer service - Our check in time is 4p.m. and sometimes guests check out a little late so our check in times run a few minutes over in season. I apologize for this we spend quality time cleaning so all guests have the same enjoyable experience. For our guests we also have a slide viewer on the front desk so all our guests can view room types. Please fee free to contact me with your name and phone number and date of stay so I may address your concerns via telephone. We value all of our guests and want to make them happy when visiting our Hotel.
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

We..We being the wife and I popped off down the coast from our home in nearby Sarasota to Fort Myers for a three day Birthday(mine) Anniversary(shared as one might deduce) celebration .The Indigo being are chosen destination.. Its a trifle difficult to get a handle on this hotel when writing a review but I will wrestle with it ..The entry is through a large tunnel straight down turn left..I had a feeling walking down to reception that I was about to meet Doctor No..or maybe Goldfinger hatching diabolical plans of world domination but no, no Doctor No only the receptionist who seemed pleasant enough and bore no resemblance to Rosa Kleb

The room was very acceptable ..It was a corner room situated on the 5th floor lots of windows lots of light..The bathroom was large and contained one of the worlds best showers..Instant hot water and the force of a junior hurricane to go with it.. truly splendid..

There was no low point to our stop at the Indigo..Nor it must be said any truly high points..save the shower..Some reviews state that the staff were rude ..which I did not find but there is a touch of the Laissez faire's about the place which some may take as rudeness..

Three days is a long enough stay in both the hotel and Fort Myers..but we enjoyed it and I would give it a recommendation

1 Thank avalonsilver
North Fort Myers, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

We live nearby but wanted to stay overnight in the downtown river district area to celebrate my wife's birthday. We were able to enjoy all the activities related to the Edison Festival of Lights and Grande Parade as well as dine at the nearby Veranda restaurant. The hotel is very well located within an easy walk to the riverside park, restaurants, shops, etc. We had a nice corner suite on the second floor. The views were not very good - just the tops of the building, HVAC units, etc out of all the windows. The rooftop bar was very nice and afforded some nice views over the chest high wall. Terry, the Beverage Engineer for the evening was very friendly and professional. There were some issues with the room such as there was not information book on the hotel listing TV channels, nearby restaurants, info on the pool and fitness center, etc that you usually find. There was no door on the shower so you had to be careful to keep water from spraying out. Service was ok - not great. Overall it was a nice stay.

Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

Enjoyed a 2 day stay at this newly renovated hotel. We paid a little more for the larger room which turned out to be a huge room with nice sitting area. We unknowingly booked dates which coincided with the Light Parade and 5K. Staff kept us informed of road closures and event times. Unlike other comments, we found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. Close to great shops and many restaurants and bars. Highly recommended.

Westchester Cty., NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

We have stayed at a couple of Indigo Hotels that were really great. This one is a notch below. It is a better-than-average hotel. The rooms are clean, if smallish. The staff is friendly, if sparse. The rooftop pool/bar is a place for smaller kids and their parents to kill a little time.

If you are considering an upscale hotel on/near a beach, by all means choose that over the Indigo. But if your alternative is some hotel alongside a highway, consider this place. The best thing going for it is that it is in Ft. Myers' Downtown River District. This is a really nice (but small) area of shops and restaurants. It has a different feel from anywhere else i have been in the Ft. Myers area. And it was nice for a day or two.

Weirdly, the beds have some kind of vinyl coating and make a lot of noise when you move around on them. On the positive side--the vinyl probably keeps bedbugs away:)

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Edison at Midtown
#24 of 58 in Fort Myers
Crowne Plaza Fort Myers at Bell Tower Shops
BEST WESTERN Fort Myers Waterfront
BEST WESTERN Fort Myers Waterfro...
#1 of 4 in North Fort Myers
Hyatt Place Fort Myers at The Forum
Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers - Colonial Blvd

Been to Hotel Indigo Fort Myers River District? Share your experiences!