“Few annoying things”

Hotel Indigo Fort Myers River District
Ranked #28 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Check in wanted to use luggage to sow our stuff while parking the car. We found that the were locked together with bicycle locks. When we asked if we could use one. Well, we were told it was hotel policy that customers could not use them. The valet did offer to help. They charge 14 to Valet. We knew we could park a block away for free on holidays and weekends. No one mentioned that.

My husband went to park car and after three trips back to the lobby for our stuff I arrived in the room. The room ia clean and lovely. $200 a night but no mini fridge. Two night minimum policy for this weekend was not factual. As we were told yesterday in lobby. But were able to change it online.

Rooftop pool and bar area nice. Hope to enjoy it for fireworks tonight.

I think if the correct these little issues, we will come back again.

Room Tip: Room 305 is quiet and pretty.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Catherine O, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Fort Myers River District, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our lovely Hotel Indigo in charming downtown. I apologize that you were not informed of public parking. You can park anytime on the street or in the city garage, however its $5.00 everytime you come and go. I will be sure to remind our valet to inform our guests. Our luggage racks are for our guests we do however require our valet to assist guests to their rooms. I always strive for better customer service and will be sure to speak to them - please join us again on your next visit to Fort Myers.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I typically stay at the larger chains for business trips but have had good experiences before at Hotel Indigos, so I gave this a try. What a great stay! It's located within walking distance to a dozen good restaurants and bars, it's doesn't feel crowded, and it was easy to get in and out of with my car to get to meetings. It has a nice little rooftop pool and bar for when I needed to "work" from the hotel. I'll be staying here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a nice review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to having you come and join us again on your next visit to Fort Myers. Downtown Fort Myers has so much to offer with all the new restaurants and shops.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Underwhelming disrespectful ghetto people working the front desk who never greeted you or make you feel welcome. The valet is a joke and feel entitled to some big tip which they never got. The area is in a bedroom community next to "Da Hood." so you have some panhandlers bugging you.

Room Tip: Find something cheaper. This place may be nice, however, it is way too expensive and not a safe are...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Herr M

As a GM it is my job to be sure my guests are treated with respect. I would like to apologize for any rude behavior by my front desk and valet. Please call the hotel and speak with me so I may get your stay and discuss your concerns. Again we value all of our guests and I would like to speak with you whenever you have time. Much thanks for choosing Hotel Indigo.

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here since it opened. The rooms are well appointed and clean. It is a boutique hotel in an old building. There arent alot of rooms per floor. The hallway ceilings are low. They are now doing a minimal breakfast included with your room since the resturant closed. There is an outside poolside bar too. There is a cute little gym on the roof too. People are nice. Location is great for walking the riverfront. Downside is ypu have to valet your car and they charge you for it. I would give this hotel an excellent rating but have had valet problems and since there is no overnight parking feel this charge is unfair to hotel guests. As this is where the company puts us I deal with it.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Catherine O, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Fort Myers River District, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thank you so much for your kind review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay in charming downtown Fort Myers. For your next visit you can park in any of the municipal lots across the street. The valet we have for our valued guests allows you to come and go as many times a day as you wish for 14.00 and overnight. If you just go into the $5.00 garage each time you come and go during the day its $5.00 so our business guests go to and 4 times each day would be 20.00. We charge just 14.00 per day for as many times in and out that our guests want. This allows our guests a reasonable fee to go to restaurants, our beautiful Sanibel and Captiva beaches and visit some of our great venues that Southwest Florida has to offer. Thanks again and we hope you choose Hotel Indigo again for your next visit.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I just stayed at this hotel for three weeks for work.

The hotel is conveniently located for work downtown and there are many restaurants to choose from within easy walking distance. The rooms are spacious and well-appointed and the staff could not have been more courteous, professional and helpful.

Parking was cheap across the street in the garage ($5/day).

The only thing that needs tweaking is the breakfast. Otherwise, a great stay. Will stay here whenever I am in Ft. Myers.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank laurie b
Catherine O, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Fort Myers River District, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Thank you for choosing charming Hotel Indigo for your long business trip. I am pleased that you found our hotel to be perfect for your stay. Being a small boutique hotel we get the honor of a lot of repeat guests that we know on a first name basis. Downtown Fort Myers is growing fast with some really fun things to do when we are not working. Thanks for writing this review and I hope you choose us again when visiting historic Fort Myers.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I had the wife and baby with me, so I valet parked for $14. The price was advertised on the website so I knew that going in. The staff was friendly. When I checked in I asked what was going on that evening and the woman gave me a paper that had all of the local events for the month. The room was clean. We were facing main street so no view to speak of, but we weren't there for the view.

The only minor issue we had was the air conditioner in the room was really noisy. It sounded like a mini-generator even on low setting. I had to turn it off so I could hear the TV. Then the room got too warm so I had to turn it back on and deal with the noise.

Overall a very good experience. Would stay there again for art walk or music walk.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Maple S

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such a nice review of our charming Hotel. I apologize if our ac unit was too loud, I will be sure to have our engineers look at this. I always welcome both negative and positive feedback to improve always on our customer satisfaction. Please join us again when visiting historic Fort Myers Florida.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Parking is a bit tough for this hotel unless you valet park or pay the $5. for 24 hours at the parking lot across the street from the hotel. Nice location in downtown area.Beds were fine. Room could have been a little cleaner but not bad. The club is now gone from this hotel so no need to worry about previous posts of noise/music. All in all a fine stay and I would return.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ldp
Catherine O, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Fort Myers River District, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review. We value all of our guests and as GM I welcome both positive and negative feedback to help us strive for better customer satisfaction. Thank you for choosing charming Hotel Indigo and I would love for you to consider us on your next visit to Fort Myers.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Myers
Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers - Colonial Blvd
Hyatt Place Fort Myers at The Forum
Crowne Plaza Fort Myers at Bell Tower Shops
Best Western Fort Myers Waterfront
Best Western Fort Myers Waterfro...
#1 of 4 in North Fort Myers

Been to Hotel Indigo Fort Myers River District? Share your experiences!