“Florida Favorite”

Price range: US$15 - US$100
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Best Food, The Best Service, & The Best Entertainment South West Florida Has to Offer!
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I have a favorite Fort Myers restaurant; well, make that a favorite Florida restaurant. Went to Roadhouse Cafe tonight and enjoyed absolutely everything about the place. We were greeted warmly and served thoughtfully throughout our evening. The food is superb. I had a scallops special while others at the table had the filet, the pork chop, or the chicken breast off the regular menu. All of us were completely satisfied and wowed. One friend ordered a serving of the carrot cake and we all enjoyed it as well.

The Pinot Gris from Oregon was just perfect with scallops. Service? perfect.

Please do not let the strip mall location fool you. This is the real deal.

1  Thank Carolyn M

Reviewed 27 July 2014

I enjoyed an unusual meal of roasted chicken with cornbread stuffing topped with cranberries. It was delicious. Listening to live dance music added to the meal. This is like the Cheers of South Fort Myers, where everybody knows your name and greets you kindly upon each visit.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Have had some very good food here, but it was not low cal or inexpensive.. Lots of yummy sauces. With wine, dinner our dinners are usually $100 per person. My daughter loves the Chicken Homard, stuffed with lobster.

Located in a strip mall and the decor and music are definitely old school.

Share dessert. The portions on the cakes are huge!

Reviewed 21 July 2014

The restaurant is in a strip shopping mall. A throw back to another time. They had live music which was a plus, but the food was not worth the trip. They tried, but this is not going to make it.

3  Thank JJ-Westborough
Reviewed 20 July 2014

,,,but the atmosphere is definitely New York City in a Bistro above Central Park. The singles at the Saturday evening piano bar are definitely having a good time and the five piece jazz ensemble are definitely practiced. The vocalist at the piano could be Harry Connick, Jr.....close enough really.

The tables are full and my New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc is fine. Later I noticed that the glass of wine was billed $8 even though the menu was $7 (I don't think I'm mistaken) but I wimped out. I shared a cup of the Lobster Bisk. It was very rich and night have benefited from a shot of Brandy to loosen it up I managed to fish out two or three healthy pieces of lobster meat before leaving about half the soup for getting too full. All of us had a really good time at dinner with our group of 13.

The service was on time and efficient. My cedar plank salmon was just slightly over done but not enough to complain and the green beans were andante'. My wife had an appetizer Mussels Marinara and a half Caesar Salad for her entrée'. The rest of our party tested many other menu selections and there were no complaints and everyone seemed to enjoy their selections.

It was a rather pricey evening for Fort Myers ( but we were in New York, remember). So the people enjoying the professional jazz and either watching so many on the dance floor or watching the singles make connection were entertained The biggest complaint was the room seemed too warm for the crowd packed in the restaurant.

By the way, the dessert piece of cake served at another table with a few forks was (WOW) big enough to give everyone a sweet send-off.

All in all, a very enjoyable evening that we will definitely keep on our special occasion list.