“Terrific February Getaway”

Sanibel Harbour Marriott Resort & Spa
Ranked #7 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and I escaped the brutal winter in Pennsylvania for a stay at this resort. Our room was large with a stunning view of the water and Sanibel Island. We also enjoyed the bar and dinner at the hotel's restaurant. Service was outstanding! We definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: February 2014
Tom C, General Manager at Sanibel Harbour Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Hi DancerPa,

Thank you for the 5 Star Review. We’re delighted to hear that you enjoyed our resort and were able to escape the brutal winter and that the team delivered a Brilliant Experience.

We hope you’ll join us again for your next visit to Southwest Florida and please know your referral is our biggest compliment. Thanks again for being our guest.

Your Sanibel Harbour Marriott Resort & Spa Team

Write a ReviewReviews (1,868)

Reviewed 8 April 2014

This is a hop skip and jump away from the bridge going to Sanibel/Captiva Islands. We stayed on the 10th floor facing the ocean and saw many dolphins and beautiful sunsets. There are two pools which are 3.5 - 4 feet deep which are nice for bigger kids but too deep for smaller kids on their own. It would be nice if there was a kiddie pool. There is a small sandy beach which my kids loved but my husband found five pieces of glass washed up on shore so be careful.

For the price of the room I'm disappointed there is not a microwave. I also expected a nicer shower but it wasn't that bad, just old looking. I did not try the spa so I can not comment there.

Pros- You will probably see dolphins if facing the ocean.
Good location if you want to visit the islands and do things on Ft Meyers.
Staff are very friendly and professional.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor facing the water.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Hi Adina W,

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to share your recent experience with us and the TripAdvisor Community.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be.

Again, thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Sanibel Harbour Marriott Resort & Spa. We look forward to the chance to welcome you back as a repeat guest.

Safe Travels,

Reviewed 7 April 2014

We did a long girls weekend in Fort Myers and this property was great for that. We got off to a rough start because when we checked in at 8pm, there were no more double queen rooms left.. only a king and a hospitality room with couches that folded into beds. Since there were more than two of us, we went with the hospitality room and slept on the fold out couches. That was awful because it was like sleeping on a metal frame. Luckily that was only for one night and the other two nights we were in an oceanview room. The staff was apologetic about the mistake but it didn't sit well with us for the first day of a short vacation. The poolside service was also wonderful. You put up your flag and the staff brought food, drinks, etc. Pool and hot tub were nice as well as the view. We also had a problem with our shower drain not draining once we got to our oceanview room, but maintenance fixed it right away. I would probably stay here again because of location, but was disappointed in the mistakes.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Hi Tara H,

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to share your comments with us and the TripAdvisor Community. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis.

We look forward to the chance to welcome you back and show you what the Sanibel Marriott Resort & Spa Team has to offer along with our excellent views. Again, I apologize for the inconveniences during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

We always stay at Marriott properties when we go on vacation with the kids. I felt that this particular property needed some updating, and I also had some issues with housekeeping. The exterior of the Sanibel tower in which we stayed could use a paint job. It just looks uncared for. As for our room, we had a suite consisting of a main room with queen bed and it's own balcony. The boys had the room you'd step into upon entering the hotel room. The first thing I saw upon entering this area is a microwave oven atop a dorm style refrigerator. It instantly reminded me of college, 1986. The boys had a sofa bed. The bed was made up for us the first night. The next day I had to put the sofa bed away because it literally took the width of the room and the only way to get to their separate balcony was thru that bed. So housekeeping is not aware we had two boys sleeping on that bed so when they came the next day, the sofa remained a sofa with only two pillows left. When I called to have this resolved that evening, a very nice young man came with bedding and shared with us that he is the only hotel employee to do these tasks because everyone else either "quit" or was " fired." I tipped him well and we didn't dare put the sofa bed away anymore. About housekeeping, I left a note and a generous tip. The note simply asked for more caffeinated coffee and one extra blanket for the boys. What we got was lots of extra shampoo, conditioner, etc, and more DECAFFEINATED coffee. No blanket.
The next time housekeeping came, she hardly cleaned anything or replaced ice bucket liner. These are little things I care about. If hotel guests use the ice bucket liner and empty it out, please provide a new one.
Overall, hotel staff are helpful and pleasant. We would stay there again bit I would call downstairs to make special requests.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Tom C, General Manager at Sanibel Harbour Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Hi Jenny_McC1126,

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to share your experiences from your recent visit. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Again, I apologize for the inconveniences during your stay and hope to get the chance to welcome you back as a repeat guest.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

I'll preface this review by saying I'm Marriott Platinum and very loyal the brand. I've had the full range of experiences at different properties. So, let me start with the positives...The staff is highly engaged and accommodating. We needed an early check-in, staying in one of the one bedroom executive suites. Upon arrival around 1pm, it wasn't ready, we came back at 2:30 and it still wasn't ready. Chris at the front desk bent over backwards to accommodate us, and ended up putting us in another room and offering us a credit for dinner. This was totally fine and extremely helpful.

The external property is nice. We went on the walking trail with our children, played on the tennis and basketball courts and enjoyed the peace and quiet. Our 20 month old fell and hit is head on the trail. The spa staff was amazing in helping us with ice packs and offering to call for transportation back to our room. Very high touch and considerate!

Later in the evening, wild dolphins were swimming close to the pier so the kids had the opportunity to watch them and enjoy something truly unique.

This is where I struggle. I want to love this hotel, it has all the makings of a fantastic resort. The experience from a staff perspective was wonderful, and that is something the manager should be very proud of. But, I wasn't super impressed with the rooms. Maybe it was just our floor?? We stayed on the 7th floor of the main hotel in a studio suite and I couldn't shake the feeling that there was a strong mildew smell both in the hallways and in our room. I liken the smell to what our basement smells like when it's very humid. Perhaps it was a fluke, but it completely clouded the experience. Under normal circumstances, I would have insisted on a room change, but with two little kids more change after a long vacation would have been counter productive.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank chicagomommi

Hi Chicagomommi,

Thank you for your loyalty to the Marriott Family of Hotels and for taking time to share your feedback with us as well as the TripAdvisor Community. We often hear great things about our team and feel they are the heart of the resort. Our team is consistently on point allowing all guests to have a brilliant experience. We hope your little one is doing well and happy that our spa team was there on the spot to offer assistance.

On behalf of the whole team here at the resort please accept our apologies in regards to your suite and rest assured that your concerns have been addressed. We again thank you for the excellent comments about our team and will definitely be sharing your review at our next meeting. Thanks again for being our guest.

Safe Travels,

Reviewed 2 April 2014

We stayed here for 3 days in March 14. The room was very nice, the view was spectacular, the staff were very helpful and the food was good. What else can I say.

If we return to fort Myers we will stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bernie123311
Tom C, General Manager at Sanibel Harbour Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Hi Bernie123311,

Thank you for the excellent review and the great recommendation for the TripAdvisor Travelers who might be looking to visit us for an upcoming trip to the Fort Myers/Sanibel Island Area.

I thank you for taking time to recognize the team that helps the resort deliver these experiences for our guests each and every day. We look forward to the chance to welcome you back as a repeat guest and thank you for your loyalty to the Marriott Family of Hotels & Resorts.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

I came here for a conference and thought I'd extend the trip to enjoy some vacation time. This resort is not what I enjoy for a vacation spot. There is no beach and you can't walk to one and there is no transportation off the resort. There are mediocre restaurants for the most part except for the one steakhouse. The court side steakhouse is wonderful but for a single traveling it is tough because the sides are all ala carte so you waste a lot of food because there is no one to share with.

The spa was lovely and if you are looking to only do that and sit by the pool this is the place for you. No night life, no beach and unless you want to spend a fortune to get a driver to,take you to ft. Meyers beach there is no shopping, dancing and really nothing to do.

It is extremely expensive to just sit around all day. I guess for someone who wants to do nothing or watch the kids in the pool it would be perfect.

I have stayed on ft. Meyers beach in the past at the Pink Shell and would recommend that to anyone considering the area.

On a positive note, the staff here is wonderful and were helpful, kind and always smiling.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Hi Jozee58,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and the TripAdvisor Community. We greatly appreciate you choosing to stay with us for a few more days of relaxation after your conference. We enjoyed the wonderful comments about our team that takes care of our guests each and every day, however would like to apologize that your stay with us did not exceed your expectations.

Our resorts goal is to exceed your expectations at every moment. We hope to get the chance to be of service again should your travel plans call of a quiet getaway to the Fort Myers/Sanibel Island area in the future. Thanks again for being our guest.

Safe Travels

#5 of 47 in Fort Myers Beach
South Seas Island Resort
South Seas Island Resort
#2 of 4 in Captiva Island

Been to Sanibel Harbour Marriott Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!