“Excellent service with personality and initiative.”

Sanibel Harbour Marriott Resort & Spa
Ranked #7 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
“Excellent service with personality and initiative.”
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

I am a local. I am very particular about food and service. Have been to Charley's many times. My visit this afternoon impressed me. Bartender, John, from Cocoa Beach was friendly, accommodating. He seemed to take his job seriously. I had Sonoma Cutrer Chardonnay and the Charley's salad - delicious. John and his coworkers were impressive with all of the guest encounters I witnessed.

• Stayed August 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (601)
East Windsor, Connecticut
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I like Marriott hotels as i find them to be a chain consistent with quality. The grounds are well kept & beautiful. As you drive into the resort you enter into vacation mode. The staff is very friendly. The pools, piers. walkways are clean, fun & relaxing. The spa is great for peace & quiet, a wonderful place to relax, it is first rate. The hotel is immaculate & smells great. We were able to watch dolphins & sunsets from our balcony. The only drawback was no frig or microwave in the room. there is a guest laundry & a microwave on the 11th floor. the washer & dryer are older but they do the job. overall this is a beautiful resorts. The tarpon restaurant is pricey but it is worth it. There is a starbucks in the lobby. There is also complimentary infused water, very good, bottled water & oranges.

Room Tip: get a room with a balcony facing the bay & sanibel island, so beautiful
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank b4uGo179
Ormond Beach, Florida
Reviewed 31 July 2014

This is a wonderful resort over looking the bay and at the foot of the bridge leading to Sanibel and Captiva Islands. It is very near good restaurants and has it's own fine dining. Great pool area. Great staff.

We had a wonderful time and were glad to have a fine hotel so close to the islands of Sanibel and Captiva.

Room Tip: Get a room higher up to stay away from the pool noise. The kids voices carry. Also get a room highe...
1 Thank chagresjim
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 30 July 2014

There is something about sitting out in a balcony with a view of the water while you watch boats go by, the sunset and natures beauty that is tranquil. And if you get a room on the left side of the hotel (the gulf of mexico side), you will not get the main pool noise either which is even more peaceful as the second pool is much quieter. The hotel is in a great location, very clean, very peaceful. The food is good albeit a bit pricey. We went for our anniversary and had a wonderful time. The service at the various eating facilities was excellent. Take the sunset cruise if you can as that was a fabulous experience with a great dinner. Ride the wave runner for a thrill ride. All in all, a wonderful time. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Pick the room on the gulf side of the hotel on the left with a view of the side pool if you want the...
Orlando, Florida, United States
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Went on a little getaway with just the wife, and those of you with young children understand how few and far between those are. Found this location with a decent deal relative to the local competitors. Drove down, and it had great first impression and presentation. Lobby was nice and clean, several amenities, etc. Checked in very quickly and received room accommodations at 4pm.

Arrived at the room to the toilet still running. Reported it immediately, and was addressed. Noticed a little later that the sheets had several black stains all over them. Again reported, and they were changed prior to the conclusion to the evening. I wished to avoid their staff in my room constantly throughout my stay, and I am really not one to complain, but we mentioned blood on the inner curtains, and asked not to address until we checked out, the fridge had sticky stuff all over the bottom, the cabinet doors (white) for the fridge looked as though coffee had been spilled down them, stained, and were only cleaned but far too late (maybe each housekeeper should be issued a can of paint). There also seemed to be coffee dripped over the entryway tiles as there were several spots, and the tile in the bathroom had clearly not been mopped as there was black residue still left from the previous guest. There is also this weird dripping noise that you will hear every so often, it about drove me mad one night when I was trying to sleep, but I could not find the source of it. Again, I left these unmentioned as I hate to be disturbed while only on a short visit, but I would expect more from a Marriott facility, being better attention to detail during their final inspections. By no means would I say that my house is kept perfect constantly, but I would also not pay about $200 a night to stay at my house. Room 1416 has a decent view of the harbor but also of the causeway.

Rest of the facility was clean, pools were nice poolside bar left something to be desired. The bartender mixed a good mango daiquiri, my wife enjoyed her coladas, but the Rum Runner and mojito were sub par. The fitness center is top notch, and we weren't able to take advantage of the spa, but the indoor pool was nothing special and it had rust all over the border handle bars. Kinda felt unclean just being in there.

Beware of the resort fees, which was like $15 a day, not sure what those fees were for, never got a newspaper, and I assure you it wasn't for parking, be prepared to pay $12 a night to park your own vehicle (that's never made sense to me). Maybe it was for WIFI services, but that defeats the purpose of advertising complimentary wifi if you are just going to include it on resort fees. Oh well, a business has to make up for their expenses somehow.

Location was just across the causeway from Sanibel, though you will have to pay a $6 toll to get across the bridge (to no fault of the resort). Great restaurants in the area, so we avoided the premium prices on the resorts restaurants.

All in all it was very relaxing, when we didn't focus on all the small things. I feel a little slighted for the various concerns, and I'm sure I'll be going to another Marriott in my future, just not sure if I will be going back to this one anytime soon.

Best of luck.

Room Tip: Not 1416. Captiva Tower is nice and a little off the main area, but it was a desirable location.
5 Thank Jordan D
Tom C, General Manager at Sanibel Harbour Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear Jordan D,

I want to Thank You for choosing to stay with us, I understand how valuable free time is these days and especially when you have young children. I am disappointed your experience was not more enjoyable and apologize for the issues you encountered; I have taken your feedback and have addressed the concerns with the management team to ensure better attention to detail moving forward. We hope in the future the opportunity presents itself for you to return to the resort.
Reviewed 30 July 2014

My husband and I had a quick kidless getaway to Sanibel a few weeks ago. We live about an hour south of Sanibel but this was our first visit. Although the property is not on the Island, it is a gorgeous property and just a short drive to Sanibel and Captiva. Ricardo at the front desk arranged a beautiful room for us. He was very professional and accommodating. We enjoyed sitting on our balcony, over looking the water and bridge (especially during an evening lightening storm). We spent most of our time by the pool and in the spa. Overall it was a great vacation!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Katrina D
Coral Springs, Florida
Reviewed 29 July 2014

First I want to say what a great time we had!! We checked in and I mentioned which was in our reservation that we were celebrating our 2yr anniversary. Originally we were in the Captiva Tower. They put us in the Sanibel Tower upgraded us to a suite And later on that day they sent a bottle of champagne with chocoloate covered strawberries. Very Classy. The Asst.Front Office Manager BIlal was great ! So wasnt Ricardo CoCa Front Office Supervisor and Nick Laurenti Front Desk Agent. Everyone here is so friendly and accommodating. We would definately recommend this Resort to everyone. The Breakfast Buffet at Tarpons in the resort the BEST!!!

Room Tip: Choose the Sanibel Tower. If you can a suite. Spectacular Views.
Green Features: The resort is always so clean. Well maintained. For instance there was a bush sticking out with thorns going down a walkway. I mentioned it to the grounds guy and right away they cut it back so no one would get pricked. They are right on top of things. A Rating
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Myers
Sanibel Island Beach Resort
Sanibel Island Beach Resort
#16 of 19 in Sanibel Island
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,245 reviews

Been to Sanibel Harbour Marriott Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!